Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Is anyone like me who is disappointed when you check in here and no new messages?....I think I stop by here everyday, and don't always contribute, but I just want to say I really like seeing others comments and messages.

Keto support and real life knowledge is very helpful to me.

Sometimes I'll write something, but often I'm frustrated and struggling and don't feel I have anything positive to say, but I still am happy to see anything...and there have been lots of interesting and informative posts...posted by a member of the thread. These things sometimes keep me feeling connected and are encouraging during a bad patch.

I definitely recognize names and stories of my fitnrss pals here, and consider this my Keto/LC sanity committee!

Have a great day , pals!

I’m in the same boat! I like to read the success stories and the struggles... I find it all inspiring. I haven’t been posting much lately because I have been struggling... again... and have managed to regain the few pounds I lost in January.

I just haven’t been able to find my groove...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that not beinlg in the groove is valid enough for me to hear about, and happens to us all at times. I don't mind hearing the struggles as well as the successes.

They are incredibly real...especially as the initial rush of success wears off and we're left with our everyday selves.
    It's learning how to cope through it and endure...that gets us to our various goals.

I'm on and off again more than I can say...but I'm in it for the long haul. That is for real.

• 4031isaiah
    Options
    I committed to keto last January at 189 and lost 25lbs. I managed to get down to 164 and got burned out trying to keep up making separate meals for myself and my family. I have since managed to get back up to somewhere in the 170s. When I’m not on track, posting here is not the only thing I avoid... I’ll make myself get back on the scale in the morning to see exactly how much damage I now have to undo.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    And on that note, I saw a number on the scale today that I haven't seen in like 10 years. Hoping to keep the momentum going even if it's slow and stead. :smiley:

That’s awesome!!! Congrats
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I also look at this site every day and I don't always contribute. I will share what happened during my 3 Week Keto challenge that ends tomorrow.

20/21 I dropped 1.2 pounds yesterday for a total of 8.8 pounds and my husband dropped 13.6 pounds! Since I started this challenge my weight has dropped and I have been waking up 2 to 3 hours earlier in the morning ready to go for the day. I don't have that sluggish feeling or full gut feeling that I get from eating carbs. I should say that this is a very successful three week start to the summer!

I love this way of eating but I don't always eat strict Keto and then I feel weird posting. I would say that when I am not doing a challenge I have no problem eating Keto during the week days but I tend to go off on the weekends!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @rae1388 congratulations on your success :)
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @4031isaiah

So sorry for your loss! :disappointed: I hope that you can get back into your normal routine soon. But you should take the time you need to grieve, and not worry about macros or anything, except perhaps your family.

I know how difficult it can be to exist with people who aren't on the same diet as you. I frequently have to tell my husband that he's on his own for dinner (rude, I know, but some nights, I just cannot handle making mac n cheese without wanting to devour it on my own) because I've already eaten, or am not even hungry. He has his shelf in the cupboard, I have mine. That's just how it has to be now.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @rae1388 Congrats on your scale victory!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @4031isaiah I'm sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    So, today was tough and I caved and ate a donut for lunch when my little one’s soccer team went out for them to celebrate a great win. I’m hoping that the day being as busy and active as it was (3 kids’ games to watch, a 3.5 mile hike with the boys and some friends, and then a USL soccer game that required multiple trips up and down huge numbers of stairs) might keep it from being a setback.

Also, ouch. When you’re going to be outside all day and have skin that burns at the thought of sunshine, I’d advise remembering to put sunscreen on yourself and not just the kids. I look like I’ve been boiled, and even better, wore sunglasses all day, so I’ve got a white raccoon mask to go with the red face/chest/shoulders. Oops!
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    @4031isaiah - I’m sorry for your loss! Grief definitely makes it harder to find the ambition to stick to it.
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't always check this thread, I've just gotten in the habit of going to the "challenge" thread where we post the progress for the week. I'll repost here what I posted there and make a point to go here more often.

@4031isaiah - That's so sad about your uncle. May his memory be a blessing to you.

@xDaniDragonflyx - Way to go, girl! You do what you have to do and it will pay off in the long run ... and sometimes, as I've come to realize, the run is longer than anticipated. Perseverance pays.

Well, I suspected as much. Last week's gain was just water. Lost 3# this week! It's so nice to know that! I've been reminded again that as long as I have a calorie deficit every day, get some good exercise, and log my food, I WILL lose weight. I had a major cheat meal on Friday evening and had a lot of carbs and sugar that I haven't had in many months. Wow, the next morning I felt gross. All puffy and lethargic. It DOES make a difference and will serve as a lesson going forward. Cheat meals are not worth it!!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Guys I'm struggling with not stuffing my face!!
    I've eaten an entire Lily's bar to myself three days in a row... eating is a classic way of coping with stress and I am STRESSED! There's time pressure and money pressure as well, so its not like I can just take a long bath or go get a massage or something. It's not realistic. It's a freaking pressure cooker with this audit deadline at work and it truly makes me want to EAT EVERYTHING. Wahhh :sweat:
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess First, I love those Lily Bars! :wink: Second, I totally sympathize with eating when stressed. I have recently started drinking copious amounts of water with electrolyte powder. It's full of Potassium and really levels me out. I also take Dr Berg's Adrenal & Cortisol Relief. It's crazy relaxing for something, I'm assuming, is herbal. It works so well I would only take it after you are home and near a bed. Somethings to maybe try and help keep the munchies at bay that will also boost your weight loss efforts.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Got through another weekend. So so. Glad for the upcoming week. Looking forward to focusing on the food plan and routines.
    Getting ready to bust a social move and actually get out back out in the world sometime in the next couple weeks.
    Even gave my mom permission to nag if I procrastinate more than two weeks. Isolating was good for awhile,l for some needed inner reflection, but now it's counterproductive. I think I'm going to try and find a new dance night and just go. I did it before and I can do it again...but this time it's all about being smarter with the social boundaries.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Guys I'm struggling with not stuffing my face!!
    I've eaten an entire Lily's bar to myself three days in a row... eating is a classic way of coping with stress and I am STRESSED! There's time pressure and money pressure as well, so its not like I can just take a long bath or go get a massage or something. It's not realistic. It's a freaking pressure cooker with this audit deadline at work and it truly makes me want to EAT EVERYTHING. Wahhh :sweat:

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling as well. It sucks.

You are doing so well. I know you will bounce back quickly.

I’m only going to allow myself to have herbal tea for the rest of the evening and then fast until noon tomorrow. Hopefully that will help kick start things again.
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess that is one of my biggest struggles, stress eating, especially chocolate.i had a stressful week too and kept telling myself not to eat the chocolate in the back of my fridge.
    Stress eating is no joke and a huge struggle to overcome.
    But hang in there, every storm passes, and if you stubble in Keto, just get back at it and keep going. You got this!
This discussion has been closed.