TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Replies

• Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes / Over
    Exercise: None, but reached my 10,000 step goal
    Goal: Stay under calorie goal tomorrow. Ive failed at keeping this cold away, so I guess the only plus side is it’ll be easier to stay in my calorie budget.
  • DAILY POST for Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under, with lots remaining due to exercise
    Exercise: 30DS Level 3 (finally!) + 4.5km walk/jog
    Goals or Day: I'm starting to love exercise now that MFP is showing me the ways of calories in / calories out - I mean, obviously I 'knew' this before but I LOVE the data and detail of it all.
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes / Over
    Exercise: None, but reached my 10,000 step goal
    Goal: Stay under calorie goal tomorrow. Ive failed at keeping this cold away, so I guess the only plus side is it’ll be easier to stay in my calorie budget.

@justkris_gettingfit I came down with a cold a couple of days ago and it hasn't affected my appetite at all, lol.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • tlgale
    DAILY POST for Tuesday
    Calories: under, with lots remaining due to exercise
    Exercise: 30DS Level 3 (finally!) + 4.5km walk/jog
    Goals or Day: I'm starting to love exercise now that MFP is showing me the ways of calories in / calories out - I mean, obviously I 'knew' this before but I LOVE the data and detail of it all.

@kellyjellyjeanbean Congrats on reaching level 3!
    I know what you mean about the calories...seeing it makes it real for me.
  • tlgale
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 45 min walk
    Goals or day: The walk I did today, I did on Friday past for the first time, and today I did it 5 mins faster!!...and with a cold!
  • Allyanne1
    Allyanne1 Posts: 229 Member
    DAILY POST for Tuesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: over 10,000 steps included a 1 hour zumba class
    Goals or Day: Good day!
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked yes
    Calories barely under
    Exercise, had a busy day with appointments etc today will be a rest day.
  • bethcamy1
    bethcamy1 Posts: 40 Member
    Username - bethcamy1
    Weigh in week -4
    Weigh in Day - Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight - 151.5
    Current weight - 151

While I did lose a half a pound I’m slightly frustrated because as of Monday my weight was down 2 pounds and then back up 1.5 since then. I worked out really hard this week and ate healthfully and within my calories. I know a lot can contribute to the number but it’s still frustrating. Maybe it’s just that I had a subway sub yesterday and while it’s low in calories deli meat is high in sodium.
  • bethcamy1 wrote: »
    Username - bethcamy1
    Weigh in week -4
    Weigh in Day - Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight - 151.5
    Current weight - 151

While I did lose a half a pound I’m slightly frustrated because as of Monday my weight was down 2 pounds and then back up 1.5 since then. I worked out really hard this week and ate healthfully and within my calories. I know a lot can contribute to the number but it’s still frustrating. Maybe it’s just that I had a subway sub yesterday and while it’s low in calories deli meat is high in sodium.

It probably was the sodium - I know that makes a difference for me even when I stay in a calorie deficit. I'm a daily weigher but what I do is look at averages. Every day I weigh myself and track it in excel but I only 'officially' count the average of the last 7 daily weigh ins as my actual weight and loss (I don't do this for challenges on this site - I use actual for those). As a daily weigher, this helps cut down on the frustration and impatience from the fluctuation. In 49 days of tracking, only twice has my weight actually went up, based on the averages, and even then, only by .1 or .2. This is what my daily vs. average daily looks like:

7d4pdksij9am.jpg

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    It probably was the sodium - I know that makes a difference for me even when I stay in a calorie deficit. I'm a daily weigher but what I do is look at averages. Every day I weigh myself and track it in excel but I only 'officially' count the average of the last 7 daily weigh ins as my actual weight and loss (I don't do this for challenges on this site - I use actual for those). As a daily weigher, this helps cut down on the frustration and impatience from the fluctuation. In 49 days of tracking, only twice has my weight actually went up, based on the averages, and even then, only by .1 or .2. This is what my daily vs. average daily looks like:

7d4pdksij9am.jpg

@kellyjellyjeanbean I love that you shared this. I weigh everyday and I try to explain that you will have ups and downs, but what you look for is the trend...and this really shows it! And even if you only weigh weekly, you will still have ups and downs, that's part of the process, you have to look at the overall trend. Great job and great share!!
  • bethcamy1
    bethcamy1 Posts: 40 Member
    @kellyjellyjeanbean Thank you for sharing that graphic. That was helpful. Was it pretty easy to create that spreadsheet?
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Losername: merlotmom16
    Weigh-in week:4
    Weight-in day: Tuesday
    Starting weight: 182.9
    weight last week: 178.2
    weight this week: 177.4
    Loss this week: 0.8
    Its a small loss but a loss nonetheless.
  • Username: justkris_gettingfit
    Weigh in Week: Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 172.4
    Current: 172.8

I ate a lot once I got home yesterday, so Im not surprised about the little gain. Hit my step goal plus exercise afterwards, and am hydrated, so Im good. Better luck reaching the 160’s in October!
  • bethcamy1 wrote: »
    @kellyjellyjeanbean Thank you for sharing that graphic. That was helpful. Was it pretty easy to create that spreadsheet?

I think it was pretty easy but I guess it depends on your comfort level with excel? I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to track this way and these instructions aren't clear:
    I just use 3 columns - one is Date, one is Daily Weight, one is 7 Day Average. The 7 Day Average is the only column that is a formula and it's a simple one - =AVERAGE(B2:B8), basically an average of the last entered 7 day weigh ins - except for the first 7 days of tracking which don't have the full 7 days to include... (NOT the cells in grey, those are just for reference in terms of what formula I used. Also, the formula starts with the =, doesn't include the ~ but I had to use that to make it show up in the image). If that makes no sense and you're new to excel, I'll provide more specifics.

fjp4nca5n48v.jpg

Then I just highlight all of the data and click on Insert - Recommended charts - one of the first ones in there will be a line chart. That's it. Of course, I probably do some further editing to the scales and colors, etc... but that's the gist of it to get a chart like mine.

• tlgale
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: No, around maintenance
    Exercise: Yes, 45 min walk
    Goals or day: Had a lot of evening cravings today and I gave into most of them. Back on track tomorrow so I hopefully don't ruin Friday's weigh in.
  • tlgale
    edited September 2018
    bethcamy1 wrote: »

@bethcamy1 There are some weight tracking apps that will give you trend weight as well, I have one called weight tracking assistant. I'm not excel savvy, lol
    Do you do measurements? It's a great non weight tracker. Sometimes when the scale isn't moving you'll still find you're loosing inches.
  • tlgale
    Something to remember:
    xd1zcdo3bldm.jpg
  • Allyanne1
    Allyanne1 Posts: 229 Member
    DAILY POST for Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: over 5,000 steps
    Goals or Day: Good day!
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    I had to do community service to get a speeding ticket removed today, and I was on my feet for over 7 hours today constantly moving and putting clothes out at a good will. My legs are killing me, lol so Im counting that as my workout :)
  • tlgale
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Altough i had not logged my weight of last week here, i have had it tracked for me personal (as i do every day)

User Name: Gustaaf85
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 102,2 kg / 225,31 lbs
    Current Weight: 100,1 kg / 220.68 lbs

@Gustaaf85 Wow, nearly a 5lb loss, that's awesome! Great job!!
This discussion has been closed.