Quick/Easy Meals for LCHF

Options
2»

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big chicken fan. We had some that needed to be eaten. so......
    1 artisan roman lead
    1 slice ham
    Chopped chicken

1/8 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup chicken stock
    Seasoning of choice (garlic and onion for me )
    Simmer
    Add in some grated parmesan cheese (tablespoon or two)
    Stir till thickened.

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.... I'm still reeling from the "I'm not a big chicken fan".... :D
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of keto meatballs and then freeze them in meal size batches. That is one of my favorites. I also fry up Italian sausage and freeze that in meal size batches so I can make a pan pizza anytime I want. My DH uses pepperoni which is precooked so not a problem, but he does buy a lot and then freeze it in about 4 ounce portions.

Alexandra: I don't care much for chicken either, but I love turkey. We recently grilled one and I have nice little packs in the freezer for when I hear the turkey gobbling.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Chicken, bag of riced veggies, few water chestnuts and a dash of soy.... easy lowcarb chicken fried "rice".
    Scrambled egg works too but I was too lazy today
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    FOR LIGHT PIZZA LUNCH
    Mission mini corn tortillas
    https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Street-Tacos-Tortillas-12-6oz/dp/B06XDXVJR5?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-b2c-new-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&
    serving size 3 mini tortillas 100 cal , fat 1.5 g, chol, 0mg, carb 19 g
    BelGioioso mozarella pearls
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/BelGioioso-Fresh-Mozzarella-Pearls-8-Ounce-Ball/14255252
    serves 8: 1 serving cal 80, 8 carbs, fat 5 g chol 20 mg this product appealing; but, it spoils fast once open
    Great value (walmart) mini pepperoni serving 45 mini pepperoni for three tortillas that 15 on each mini pizza; cal 130, fat 13 g, chol 20 mg, carbs 1 g
    Hormel (walmart) mini pepperoni 1 oz. 1/5 of the package: cal, 140, fat 13 grams, carbs 0
    chol, 35
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hormel-Pepperoni-Minis-5-oz/13448678
    i WANT TO TRY TORTILLAS IN AIR FRYER, TO TOAST, FOR PIZZA CRUST CRUNCH, THEN TOP WITH CHEESE, AND PEPPERONI AND LITTLE MORE CHEESE, CAN ADD TOMATO SAUCE IF WANTING. WARM IN OVEN TO MELT CHEESE
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite go to is: subway chopped salad with dressing on the side; with sauteed chicken from home. It is a large salad so I eat half the next day; thus the reason for asking for dressing on the side
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Most of what I make, I make in batches big enough for leftovers which saves time.

For a quick one, I use many variations of: ground beef, seasonings of choice, jalepeños (or other peppers), served over Miracle Rice or other shirataki noodle or crushed pork rinds. I used to add add cheese, but have found that it has a negative BG effect on me.

Also, if I have time, I will throw a ground up piece of liver in because I know it is good for me. I will make this with 2-3 lbs of ground beef, so adding 4 ounces of liver is something that can't be tasted, especially given the spices I typically use (chili powder, curry, garlic, etc.).

If you have a crock pot, then just about any hunk of meat is good, especially if you add in some salt pork or other really tasty fat source. If you like veggies, just add them near the end. Again, this is something that is not ready quickly, but doesn't take much actual time. Throw everything in it in the morning, set on low and then add veggies if you want when you get home. By the time you change clothes, set the table, go through the mail, spend a few minutes with the family, it is ready to be dished out.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    One thing that I love about low-carb is how fast and easy it is to make food now that I don't have to cook rice or noodles anymore. It takes only 2-5 minutes to sauté some zoodles or cauliflower rice. Zoodles go great with meatballs and sauce or as a side to any meat. Seared tuna takes only a couple of minutes to cook and is delicious with some sriracha mayo! Recently I've been making "sushi" rolls for lunch, with smoked salmon or canned tuna. It doesn't take too much longer than making a sandwich. Its not real sushi but its still a nice lunch. Stir fry is another quick easy meal that you can always change up with different meats and veggies.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love to add zoodles to a bowl and pour ragu bolognese over them and sprinkle with Parmesan, then microwave (I make big batches of ragu with ground beef and ground Italian sausage), or add zoodles to hot broth/soups.

Taco salads are my lunch most of the time, other times, I just eat some olives & cheese with some salami.
    I'll make a pound of taco meat with a couple tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tsp each of cumin and oregano, a dash of cayenne powder, and a squeeze of lime juice, use a potato masher to break it up finely, and once cool, I keep that in a plastic container and just scoop out some onto romaine lettuce, add about 1 TB of minced fresh onion & tomato (1 or two cherry tomoates, diced), shred some cheddar and put sour cream & salsa on top. Most of the time, I'll also have a few cilantro leaves plus a sliced radish in the salad as well. Maybe some sliced black olives if I have some on hand.

I also love to make a braised cabbage with smoked sausage for one:
    Put sliced kielbasa into a pan with a little bacon fat, add some finely chopped onion, let brown a bit, then add 1 TB of butter (or more bacon fat) and 2-3 handfuls of shredded cabbage + some seasonings (garlic powder, some smoked paprika) and some fresh parsley and let it all steam up/fry a little in the pan with the lid on for 10 minutes until the cabbage is soft/fried in the butter. Stir it all up and de-glaze the pan with a splash of apple cider vinegar + either soy sauce or coconut aminos, and serve hot.
  • mmoniot1
    mmoniot1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and new to Low- carb as well. This has helped me alot!!1 Thank you all very much. I have found myself eating the same thing over and over because I was not sure all the things I was able to eat. My Dr. also told me to cut out Dried Fruit, and Cheese. I LOVE cheese, so I won't cut it out, but have enormously reduced the ammount I eat. My Husband isn't on LC but it will do him good. I was having problems finding meals that would satisfy me and LC as well as satisfy him for dinner. It has been hard to cut out pasta, bread and potatoes, we ate A LOT of them.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I love green,yellow,red peppers stuffed with turkey meat,ketchup,onions,egg and 2 crackers only, I have this with rice cauliflower on the side. I would love to know what zoodles are, may have that for a side, it is frozen or in the pasta section at the grocery store?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @brenn24179 my local grocery stores stock zucchini noodles as well as sweet potato and butternut squash noodles in the prepared fresh produce section. They spiralize the veg fresh every day. You can buy small tubs of two servings or so.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla with cheese and leftover meat from the week or lunch meat. Add veggies and microwave till cheese is melted.

Taco salad
    Left over ground meat
    Cheese
    Lettuce
    Sour cream
    Cherry tomatoes
    Any other veggies we have on hand
    Low carb Salsa (I usually skip this since I can over eat it)
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/2 c. shredded cheddar & 1 beaten egg

I like to use my mini waffle maker-- grease it your preferred way, add about half the batter, and let it brown/crisp a little. You can use these as a "tortilla" or just drizzle on some sugar free syrup and eat them like a regular waffle.

You can also do this in a sandwich press or on a greased pan and flip it mid-way.
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do batch cooking for most things. By that I mean I'll do a day or two of nothing but cooking, then portion it out into single portions and freeze for future use. Since I live alone this really cuts down the time required for food prep. Also, I live in a rural area and need to drive 20 miles one way to get decent meats and 13 miles the other way to get eggs, cheese, bacon and deli things. I try to make those trips less often.

Yesterday I went for meats and spent $115 but came home with 10 pounds of ground beef, 14 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 4 huge boneless, skinless chicken breasts, one large chuck roast, and (as a complete treat) two 2" filets. Today and tomorrow I'll be making:

1) An Italian meat pie (15 meals)
    2) 16 quarter pound Parmesan beef patties (16 meals)
    3) The chicken breast (8 meals)
    4) The chicken thighs (14 meals)
    5) A Mississippi Mud roast (crock pot) (10 meals)
    6) A meatloaf (adding ground pork from my freezer (12 meals)

That's 75 meals and I still have 4 pounds of ground beef that I'll probably freeze. I'll freeze the filets, too.

I went for eggs earlier in the week and bought 6 dozen. One dozen will make two Tuna Melt 9" quiche (12 meals). Another dozen will make two Bacon Cheddar 9" quiche (12 meals). I'll hard boil 18" and turn them into egg salad (9 meals). The rest will be used fresh for eggs and bacon, eggs and sausage, omelets, etc. And, I'll try to make my own mayonnaise with some of the eggs.

Cooking like that means when one thing comes out of the oven another goes in. Yes, I oven bake the beef patties and chicken. It means only one oven preheat per day for two days. It also means only two days of washing pots and pans and mixing bowls and cooking utensils. The same bowl I mix up the casserole in I'll use to mix the burgers in and the meatloaf in. I don't bother to wash the bowls and spatulas between whatever I'm mixing up.

After everything is cooked and cooled to room temperature, I portion it out into individual servings. Those go into a large Tupperware pie saver, separated so things don't freeze together, and into the freezer. Once frozen I transfer them to freezer bags and return them to the freezer then use the Tupperware to freeze another batch. By the time I'm done, I have about two months of food ready to go.

Every evening I move one or two servings from the freezer to the refrigerator so they will thaw overnight. A minute in the microwave or toaster oven the next day gives me home cooked Keto meals in a matter of minutes.

I also keep Tilapia filets in the freezer. Thaw a couple, put a little Ranch dressing on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a toaster oven for 5 or 6 minutes and there's a meal. A piece of foil on the baking tray means there is practically no clean up needed.

Tuna salad, canned smoked herring, Reuben sandwiches without the bread, deli roast beef with horseradish sauce, are all good Keto choices, too. I do keep multi grain crackers on hand to go with the tuna, herring, etc. It's my only real carb allowance. I'll sometimes add some frozen veggies (sprouts are favorite).

As an added note, the only freezer space I have is the one in my refrigerator. Sometimes I've had to put a few things in the ice maker bin to get everything to fit. But, hey, it works for me.

If this helps even one other person with their Keto life, I'll consider it a win. Many blessings to all.

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Mix 1/2 c. shredded cheddar & 1 beaten egg

I like to use my mini waffle maker-- grease it your preferred way, add about half the batter, and let it brown/crisp a little. You can use these as a "tortilla" or just drizzle on some sugar free syrup and eat them like a regular waffle.

You can also do this in a sandwich press or on a greased pan and flip it mid-way.

These are fantastic.

I make crispy baked chicken fingers using Porq low-carb breading once in a while and sort them into serving sizes for easy freezer meals we can pull out and throw in the microwave. Once in a while as a treat we do the chaffle (cheese waffle), throw some of the chicken fingers on it, and drizzle a little sugar-free syrup for low-carb chicken and waffles. So good.
  • MacLowCarbing
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I like to make all kinds of cloud bread & buns, but recently I found a cool nut butter bread recipe that's nice & dense.

All you need is 1 cup any nut butter (no added sugar, but you can use peanut, almond, cashew, etc.-- whatever you have). Mix it with 6 whole eggs and 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder. These are the required ingredients.

You can also add a little sweetener if you like (allulose, stevia, swerve, etc.), extracts, herbs or spices, seeds, etc. A pinch of salt, too. These are the optional ingredients.

Anyway, just put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well till you have a thick cake-like batter, then pour it into a greased loaf pan (or line it with parchment & grease it).

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, as soon as it's cool enough to touch take it out of the pan and let it cool completely on a rack. Keep it in the fridge and slice as needed.

It's about 3 grams of net carbs per slice if you slice the loaf into 12 slices. I usually slice them a bit thinner. Can be toasted, made into grilled cheese or grilled sandwiches, used cold out of the fridge for sandwiches, or I like to smear a little PB or cream cheese on top for breakfast. Good as toast with sunny-side up eggs, too. Love dipping bread in the yolk.

For the holidays I plan on trying to make low-carb bread pudding with it.