October Monthly Challenge

Replies

• eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    I'm in for October weekly weigh ins. Per my September post, I need the accountability! ^_^

Monday 10/1
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
    Wednesday 10/31

My goals for this month are to include more IF, drink less alcohol, and to exercise 3x/week.

Keto on, everyone! <3

I have the same goals as you! Let's help each other by checking in!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you so much for keeping this thread going! It is such a motivation and inspiration for me!

October is a very important month in my life for many reasons but the biggest one is my wedding anniversary which my husband and I take very seriously each year. I want to lose a couple more pounds before the 19th and then continue my journey to a healthy body!

Started Keto: May 9, 2018
    Starting Weight: 210.4
    Lowest weight so far (pre-vacation): 186.4
    (Loss of 22” and 24Lbs!)
    Post-vacation weight 9/04: 192.4
    Next goals:
    10/19 - 185
    12/17 - 175
    01/01 - 169? (Prob unrealistic, but I’d be thrilled!)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145

Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
    Wednesday 10/31
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    New to Keto...just started this week, but I need motivation!! I usually weigh in on Mondays...but Sundays should be fine for this. I am already going through my "water-weight" loss, so the numbers should be more consistent starting Monday...YAY!

9/24-SW-206.8lbs
    9/28-CW-202.4lbs
    SG- 180 by 12/31/18
    GW-140-160lbs

Monday 10/01-199.8
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28

• VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Keto round ✌️ for this girl.

I was fairly strict with keto from 11/17-2/18 in preparation for my April 2018 wedding. I lost 23 lbs during that short time!!! Since then I have slowly gained more weight as time has gone on (because I am the WORST at portion control)...but mostly I'm noticing the way my clothes fit is what's changed the most even though the scale hasn't moved THAT MUCH. The keto calculator (keto-calculator.ankerl.com) estimates that the lowest I can go without losing essential body fat is 138 lb... which intrigues me. I don't think I could get that low because my body type is rather muscular, and the last time I weighed that I was a freshman in HS. Anyway - I'm back and I've been doing this now for about three weeks, but only strictly for one week. I'm ready to jump back in!!!! Let's do this!!!! Last time I did keto more hardcore I loved having this group to keep me accountable!!!

SW - 164
    CW - 161
    GW - 150

Monday 10/01 - 161
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    edited October 2018
    Starting weight (July 24, 2018): 200.1
    Goal weight (by June 10, 2019 -my birthday!): 140
    Current weight (Sept 28, 2018): 178.2

Monday 10/1: 178.9
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:

A little too much fresh seafood and butter this weekend...and maybe I should've said no to the last glass of wine, lol...I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday, though! Ever since I cracked 180lbs, I feel like the world is my oyster!

(Thank you, @sykin! I was driving myself mental, trying to figure out how to edit my original post!)

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Monday 10/1. 180.3

This is my first day of Keto. It felt so weird to cook my eggs in butter this morning!! I probably haven't done that for almost 30 years.
    I planned and tracked my menu last night so I didn't have to worry about what to eat. I'm about 7 carbs too high on protein and about the same too low in fat but I'm not trying to be too precise this first week.

Tested my blood glucose this morning before eating and it was 91.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    starting this month with 176.6 at 11% BF

GW: 182 at 8% BF by end of 2018
  • Mark_MN1
    Mark_MN1 Posts: 9 Member
    My Goal this month is to keep my water intake up

Monday 10/1: 346
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:
  • starryk02
    starryk02 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi All - I think this is what I am looking for - some accountability. I am working at Keto and finding some days really hard - and some ok .. I would love to join this challenge.

Monday 10/01-198.2
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • srhodes3662
    srhodes3662 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there! Im new to all of this. Is this just a weigh in feed? Im looking for Keto info, motivation, etc.
  • BasketMommy4
    BasketMommy4 Posts: 10 Member
    I wish I would've found this group a long time ago! I haven't had that much support so I've fallen off and gotten back on too many times to count now. I started out w/my LCHF/Keto plan again today and I am excited to account for my #'s on the spreadsheet. It just seems like a little bit more accountability until I can get back into the lifestyle permanently. Can't wait to see where I am come the holidays and on into the future!
  • wendaeh
    wendaeh Posts: 14 Member
    sykin wrote: »
    “wendaeh wrote: »
    Hi - I started last month. Quick question - is there a way of editing the original post to this challenge? I put my weight in the spreadsheet, but couldn't find a way to go back in to my original post to add weights each week.

Hi, @wendaeh ! There isn’t a way to edit original posts so typically people either copy/paste from past posts and then repost with the new details, or quote their last post and update with new details :) whatever is easiest for you!

Thank you!
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    I'm new to this group, too!

Lost 10.5kg (24lb) with MFP and have been maintaining over the summer.

I'm female, 5'1, 90kg and 29 years old.

Starting weight: 101.5 kg
    Goal Weight (by end of December): 80kg
    Current weight: 90 kg

Monday 10/1: 90 kg
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    SW (10'13): 388 (lost 133 lbs by 10'14)
    SW (10'18): 368

GW (Oct): 268 (with two birthdays this month, I will be happy to hit my 100lb mark)
    GW: 194 - 225 (not sure if I can be healthy or maintain at 194…but would be fun to say I lost half of myself. at least for a little bit and then maintain at a slightly higher weight)

Monday 1 Oct: 278
    Sunday 7 Oct:
    Sunday 14 Oct:
    Sunday 21 Oct:
    Sunday 28 Oct:
    Wednesday 31 Oct:
  • karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Hi Day 1 on Keto for me, and was happy to find this challenge. Lucky to have a friend who is doing well with Keto, to share resources & recipes with me.

Monday 10/1:
    Sunday 10/7:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:
  • eggfooyamyam
    To all the new folks - Welcome!! There is no doubt in my mind that without the support and camaraderie of this group, I would not have lost 30lbs.
  • diamondgrl5
    diamondgrl5 Posts: 1 Member
    Today is my first day on Keto. I really would like a glass of wine or something, but I will not do it! I have never tried keto, but have been trying to read about it and so far I know I have to plan, plan, plan. It will be a challenge, but I need to lose 43lbs. Any books or website recommendations appreciated.

SW - 183 lbs
    GW-140lbs

Monday 10/01-183
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member

Let's do it @eggfooyamyam! I definitely need more help checking in. I try to at least get my food put into my diary every day, but I don't always remember to close it. So I'm trying to work on that too! :sweat_smile:
  • eggfooyamyam
    edited October 2018
    Today is my first day on Keto. I really would like a glass of wine or something, but I will not do it! I have never tried keto, but have been trying to read about it and so far I know I have to plan, plan, plan. It will be a challenge, but I need to lose 43lbs. Any books or website recommendations appreciated.

SW - 183 lbs
    GW-140lbs

Monday 10/01-183
    Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28

Welcome Diamond! Firstly, I drank my share of wine when I first started and sometimes I still do. Wine has a pretty low carb count. I believe Sauvignon Blanc is the lowest at 3 grams for a 5-ounce glass. It counts toward your daily carb intake, so you just need to log it. Many Keto gurus advise against drinking alcohol because it interferes with liver function and we are trying to repair insulin resistance by repairing our livers. Which brings me to videos to watch or blogs to read. The following helped me:

Dr. Eric Berg - Wonderfully to the point videos without all the fancy production. My go-to Keto mentor.
    Keto Connect - Super cute Keto couple who cover the gamut of the Keto lifestyle - recipe videos, daily menus,
    ingredients & product recommendations, shopping, etc..
    Thomas DeLauer - A fat to fit story who makes exhaustively comprehensive videos about the science of Keto.
    Gnom Gnom - A great recipe website with beautiful pictures and the expertise of a chef. I just made hamburger
    buns that defied all the pitfalls of keto baked goods. They looked just like they did
    on the website - I couldn't believe it!

Don't stress about anything. I ate deliciously simple meals for months while I slowly built my pantry with things like almond and coconut flour, Xantham gum, erythritol, liquid stevia, etc... There is a learning curve, but the beautiful thing is if you keep your macros in check, you will still lose weight while you are learning. There are so many success stories on this thread. If you have any questions - this is a good place be!

Let's do it @eggfooyamyam! I definitely need more help checking in. I try to at least get my food put into my diary every day, but I don't always remember to close it. So I'm trying to work on that too! :sweat_smile:

Woot!!