October Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm a little out of practice! I totally forgot to weigh in yesterday! :sweat_smile:

10/1: 233.3
    10/7: 231.0
    10/14:
    10/21:
    10/28:
    10/31:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    All these years the slogan should have been, "SUGAR, just say NO!" I'm convinced, it's the worst drug out there.

@eggfooyamyam I agree. I have been eating sugar here and there and it makes me sick and mean and miserable - yet, I still eat it when I know what it is going to do. Back on track at the moment and I am looking forward to feeling good again!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @zanyterp I must have something warm and doughy every now and then. I have several different Keto Mug Cakes in my arsenal. These are one-mug microwave cakes that take about 3 minutes from start to finish. What's great about these is that I can make one at a time, so I don't snack on a dozen muffins over the course of two days. I've gotten recipes from several different Keto sites and then tweaked it a bit because I live in a very high altitude. I like 2 parts almond flour to 1 part coconut flour. I fill a container with this ratio and keep it in the pantry. I also split these "muffins" with my daughter for breakfast.

1 tablespoon, Butter
    2 tablespoon, Cream Cheese
    1/2 tablespoon, Coconut Flour
    1.5 tablespoons Almond Flour
    0.25 tsp, Baking Powder
    Pinch of Salt
    20 - 40 drops Liquid Stevia (depends on your taste preference)
    10 Raspberries or Blueberries (optional)
    1 tsp(s), Vanilla extract
    1 large, Egg
    Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)

Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave, stir with a fork. Add the flours, baking powder, salt, stir with a fork. Add the Stevia, egg, and vanilla, stir with a fork. Microwave for 2 minutes. Turn out onto a cutting board. There will be steam - let it sit. I slice it into four slices and split it with my daughter, this brings it to 2.5 g net carbs per half serving.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 368
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 32 g 49 %
    Saturated Fat 13 g 65 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 8 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 218 mg 73 %
    Sodium 282 mg 12 %
    Potassium 144 mg 4 %
    Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 14 %
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 11 g
  • eggfooyamyam
    Options
    @KristinLeeD I get mean, too, on sugar. I have no control over my thoughts. I convince myself of the worst case scenario and then blame my husband - it's bad! No more of that!
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/07 273
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
    Wednesday 10/31

This weekend was a blast, but as much water as I drank and as much walking as I did(about 15 miles), you'd think I lost. Carbs are the devil, lol. Probably going to shed all of that water weight in the next few days. Back to strict keto...
  • tjbliven
    tjbliven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to edit the post to add the new weights. I copied and pasted to a new post.

Started Keto: Aug 5
    Starting Weight: 169.0
    10/01: 148.6
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 10/07 - 146.6
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ignore comment, put in wrong place
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    SW: 241

Monday 10/01--234.6
    Sunday 10/07--234.2
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • eggfooyamyam
    Options
    KLD and EggFoo you both make me laugh about getting mean after sugar. I think my wife has the same disorder? Me, I get stupid after sugar. This morning after exercise I snuck away to my fav local bakery and had a scone before going home. To prove sugar makes me stupid I left my wallet at the bakery. So much for sneaking. I was busted when I had to recount my morning to my wife who was trying to help me find my missing wallet.

Fortunately for me she wasn’t mean because she did not have sugar. Busted!!!!

I'm feeling ya, all the way from here! Give your wife a hug from me!!
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    stormy and eggfoo: What's really bad is when I get mad at my husband for what I dreamed he did. lol! Poor guy doesn't even see it coming.

stormy: I'm glad you got busted! And I hope you logged the scone ;)
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    Forgot to log!

SW: 153
    GW: 115

October 1 start weight: 135
    Sunday 10/07: 134 (-1)
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am so glad I reached my goals for September. In October, i own it to myself to do more yoga and more cooking. Also more meditating and praying as we get closer to the end of the year.

Update stats:
    SW (06/04/2018): 247.8
    (09/30/2018): 226.3

OCT GW: 220-218
    DEC GW: 199
    OGW (06/03/2019): 150

Hello everyone,

So my baby has been crawling and stepping so much. Also this is the age where children start to get curious about everything. He is literally touching, grabbing, pilling, climbing on everything. I barwly have time for myself, it is non stop. So I am very thankful for my husband for helping me with the food and everything else especially since i have been sicked mostly due to the facts that i have been eating "bad". Anyway my goals are the same: more yoga, more meditating and a more positive outlook in life. Also we have started trying to conceive for our wnd child so hopefully we will be able to naturally despite my PCOS and Hashimoto issues.

Update stats:
    SW (06/04/2018): 247.8
    (09/30/2018): 226.3
    (10/07/2018): 229.3
    (10/11/2018): 227.7

(End of) OCT GW: 220-218
    DEC GW: 199
    OGW (06/03/2019): 150
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    SW - 209.8 (SW for keto 4/15/18 - 206.8)
    GW - 150
    Goal for October 31 - 172

Monday, Oct 1 - 177.8
    Sunday, Oct 7 - 174.4

Officially back to keto finally, after 2.5 months of being woefully off and on about it!

How did you get back at it???
    I’m having a really hard time keeping motivated. I love keto, and I feel really good when I eat that way, AND I have another 49 Lbs to lose in order to get back to my healthy weight of 140… but I’ve been feeling pretty good about my body since I lost the first 25 lbs, so I slacked off. I’ve been cheating on and off (about once a week I go out of Keto completely) and so my weight has bounced between 187-189 for the past 12 weeks. I know that I need to get serious, but I feel as though… now that the health-related urgency is gone… I just don’t have the same willpower as before. It’s extremely frustrating. I have goals I want to achieve, but I keep putting off a real commitment. I’m running out of ideas on what I can do to get back into the groove of Keto. Do you (or anyone else who might be reading this) have any ideas on how to keep motivated/accountable? Thanks!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an illusive thing for me. August of this year I had my 50th Highschool reunion. I can’t think of anything more motivating than that in my lifetime????? However, after August comes September, then October, then the holiday/eating frenzy season. After successfully accomplishing goals to impress my classmates last August, I’ve gained 15 pounds and literally have grown too big for my britches.

I’m thinking I need to quit setting goals that have an end-point, because when I achieve them I seem to let down or back off. I seem to use keto as a diet instead of a way of eating/existing (WOE). I really want to be able to intuitively know what and how much to eat without logging or tracking every morsel I put in my mouth. I honestly think I’m approaching a point where I know enough about keto and myself to do that.

With that said, my goal is to keep tracking/logging through the eating frenzy season with a New Years goal in mind to become more intuitive.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 That’s an excellent point of view! I think I’ve been doing the same thing as you... Viewing it as a diet instead of a way of life. I’m gonna jump on that idea of yours to try and get in the right head-space and not focus so much on the short term goals. Thanks for the tip!!