Jp's omad journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You are far from anorexic. We are the same height and a normal BMI weight range for our height is 101.1lbs - 136.7 I'm 127 right now and would have to lose 26 more pounds to even be considered underweight and that isn't going to happen. Keep doing what you're doing :)

And don't worry too much about that slip up and just get right back to OMAD, You got this :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    You are far from anorexic. We are the same height and a normal BMI weight range for our height is 101.1lbs - 136.7 I'm 127 right now and would have to lose 26 more pounds to even be considered underweight and that isn't going to happen. Keep doing what you're doing :)

And don't worry too much about that slip up and just get right back to OMAD, You got this :)

Anorexia is such a taboo subject for women. Makes me angry when it is weaponzied to shame.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    When i hit my 1st plateau i try not to look at it in a negative way but in a positive way what can i learn from a plateau? Well i learned how to maintain my weight without it going up on the scale, so when i reach my healthy weight range that i set for myself ill know from my plateaus how to stay in weight range. Hope this helps you or anyone else that might be in a plateau.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @katjustkat - Thank you :) I have 2 kids too and they are my world. I guess I am quite odd (that's what my Mom says) as I tend to stay away from people who loves to gossip and full of drama, like for example the group of ladies outside of school. I tend to sit in my car and wait for my kids. Just last week, one of the Mothers commented that I look thinner and then they started gossiping.

@EstrangedTiger - Thank you :) I will only be called "underweight" when my weight is a low 45kg. I have a long way to go to be anorexic..lol
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you :) I am not even thinking of getting down to 2 digits. I just want to get down to 50kg which I roughly 110lbs and I will be over the moon :) I will not give up, no siree! :)

@EstrangedTiger - You are so right! Its a taboo subject over here in AUS too. Just the other day while I was in school picking up my kids, a lady from "the group that love to stand around talking" said out loud that she can see my collar bones and my jeans will be dropping off if I run. Seriously, I am not even considered thin yet. When I did my BMI calculation, it states "Your suggested healthy weight range 47.4 - 63.7kg. You are a healthy weight for your height. But we recommend that you also check your waist measurement". So, when I reach my GW of 50kg, I am still at a healthy range. :)

@catuccifranco08 - Thank you for posting! :) Yes, it does help me, thank you!

• jadepearl
    Week: 13
    CW: 61.1kg
    BMI: 23.8

Hello OMADers :)

How are you guys doing? School has started and my son is off for his school camp for 3 days. Even though my son kept telling me that he is already a teenager, as a Mom, I think I will worry about my kids till the day I die. When I worry, I start to graze non-stop. I fell off the wagon this afternoon after I had my OMAD. I continued eating grapes for a full 20 mins. Thankfully, I managed to stop grazing after I ate 1 bowl of grapes. I did 30 mins of dance aerobics in the evening.

Fingers cross that I will not fall off the wagon these few days...am just worried about my baby boy.

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Wed!

Take care!
  • jadepearl
    This is me and my scale during my weigh-in.... :D:D:D

zwgqbcgwm0ay.jpg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Yes...we are mommies forever...no matter the age. My son told me that "I care too much" one time....hmmmm that kind of hit me hard. So then I started to think....he's a heck of a lot smarter than I am so I'm going to trust that he can handle situations well. Now I don't seem to worry as much because I know that it's his life and I gave him all the tools. Also I don't micromanage anymore because I don't want to be responsible for placing him at a certain spot at a certain time. I could never ever live with myself if something happened to him because I was the one that pinpointed him in destiny. It's his life and I feel better not controlling it. So I'm much more at peace now.
    Yes! Stupid scale! And now they tell you every ounce >:)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    OMG I really love that image :)
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    👍
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2018
    Hello OMADers!

I have been MIA for awhile....so many things has gone wrong. Can't believe that someone found my postings here and created a huge hoo-ha. Long story short, someone told the school that I am starving my kids and that's why both of them are skinny and underweight. They even showed these postings which I posted here to the school. I told them that both of my kids are NOT underweight and are very healthy. The school doctor checked both of my kids and gave the green light. So, in the end, everything is settled. I don't even think its an issue in the first place as both of my kids have a huge appetite and are not underweight at all. I also told the school that whichever forum I join is my personal affair, nothing to do with the school or my kids. I love my kids and will never ever harm them. And...to the person who gave my postings to the school, you should really be a shame of yourself.

So...I am back and still posting. Bad news first....gain some weight as I have been so stressed and depressed. But, I am jumping back on the wagon today and start all over again.

Week: 19
    CW: 64.4kg

I can do this and I will get down to my healthy goal weight 50kg which the doctor approves!!!

gwre4lf5ymb0.jpg

• katjustkat
    Oh my! That's crazy and sad what you went through. What ignorant people there are in the world. Intermittent fasting is becoming so main stream....how can people be so in the dark? Gosh, I feel so much better when I stick to the one meal only...more energy and a clear mind. I wish people would respect your privacy and they should admire that you are making a good effort at taking care of your body. Geeze...would they be happier thinking of you eating cookies and chips in front of the tv?
    Continued success to you <3
  • I agree. What you have been through is just shocking. Especially about this thread. What does this have to do with anything?

I think the photo although graphic still represents belief systems. I try not to mention OMAD to anyone and if i do they are just horrified and want to scare me off it. But they are not doctors, they are armchair doctors, many also with weight/health issues. Being overweight/obese is much worse than doing omad for the body. Fasting makes total sense. We are not entitled to all those meals, its just silly.

I did realize while doing omad that we (average 3 mealers) do eat too much, Way too much.

I used to eat a huge breakfast, a huge lunch and then sometimes a whole pizza for dinner plus snacked throughout the day. No wonder I had acid reflux, IBS, sleeping issues etc. etc. Now I can’t even fathom how i was able to eat all that in a day and think that it’s ok or needed?

Its just too much! We dont need it, and our body is trying to get rid of it all and deal with it, with the only time to do the work being at night. Of course we are seriously overweight and have health issues and being uncomfortable.

Sometimes I travel on the train and in front of me there are very well dressed people (going to the theatre or a classical concert) and they are so overweight. Their legs are huge and I can see how they are in discomfort wearing those tight clothes and I feel so sorry for them. I see how the system and the automatic (and not questioned) eating habits (i guess 3 meals, frequent snacking) fail them in a long run.

How desparate we are to cling to this belief system that that is the way to go. Well look around you people. Look around and look at the average person over 40, most of us are overweight or obese. Is this really the way to go? Isn’t it worth looking outside the box and try out different things? What do we have to loose? Unwanted lbs?
    Unfortunately the hard exercise thing is not gonna work for people in their 60s-70s who are obese and have for example heart disease, weak joints, knee or other problems. So what do those people do? Give up and suffer on. Its just sad.

Regarding our own weight. I have heard something that was very eye opening for me.

We are so conditioned by the majority being overweight that when we see normal weight people we think they are underweight. This might have happened in your case.

Sorry for the long post on your thread!
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2018
    @katjustkat - Thank you for reading my post. I was very glad that everything is fine now but I really wish they didn't get my kids involved. But I guess to each, his own. At least now, with the school doctor stating that my kids are both at the healthy weight and I too can get down to 50 kgs and still considered a healthy weight, I guess everyone can just let it rest. Thank you for being here for me.

@SoulSisterSoulBrother - Thank you for reading my post too! Don't apologize for your long post. I really appreciate it and thank you for caring. All that you mention made me nod my head and there I was going...you are so right, that's so true! I am not getting any younger and I would want to be healthy. After doing OMAD, it has taught me so much more about food, about my body and my health and I am thankful for this.

Thank you katjustkat & SoulSisterSoulBrother for your posts!

CW: 62.4kg

Good evening OMADers!

How are you guys today? I am getting better, feeling better and exercising better now that everything is back to normal. I OMAD at 11.30am today and exercised for 30 mins too. Hope that I can see some weight loss soon. I am just wondering if I should weigh myself every day or once a week? May be I should weigh myself every day so that I can be accountable. Hmm...lets give this a try.

Take care and have a wonderful Monday!

Cheers,
    jadepearl
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    @jadepearl just catching up. I am so sorry for all that you went through --completely insane!!!! I am glad things are better now and that you are back on track. Keep it up - you can do it!

• jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Is that your new nick? Glad you have your photo or I will be thinking its someone else. Thank you for catching up and thanks for caring. It was a crazy few weeks but its all settled now with doctor's approval. Now, everyone can go back to their merry ways. But, people are still gossiping behind my back whenever I go to school with my kids.

CW: 62.4kg (137.5lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers!

How are you today? I am back on the wagon but my weight is still hovering around 62.4kg. Hopefully by the end of this week, I can see some weight loss please. Broke my fast at 11am today. Will try to get in some exercise later this evening.

Hopefully I will see some weight loss tomorrow. Fingers cross!

Have a wonderful Wednesday OMADers :)yowcw70egita.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    @jadepearl yes I had to reset my entire MFP account because it was hacked.....So frustrating.....I lost all my stats, and everything…..Oh well....such is life.
    I am glad things are better for you....OMG love the image :) so funny and so true!!!!!
  • katjustkat
    Ha, yes that's a funny image. I think the scale scares me...I can feel my heart thumping in my chest as I get on. Sometimes I wish I didn't care as much. Anyways good job ladies. Another thing I like about OMAD is that we are giving our bodies a break from working continuously so hard at metabolizing the non stop junk we consume. Bonne nuit <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Some people can be sooo mean, I'm glad that you got it all straightened out though. The weight will come off, just stay strong :)
  • Oh the scale - the misery and joy :0) I tell you that my weight fluctuates a LOT especially if I have splurge days. I think there is a lot because of the water retention issue? I doubt that in reality my weight can fluctuate 5 pounds in a week (which according to the scale sometimes it does).