• csdaniels1
    csdaniels1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey lady

HW: 298.9
    SW: 289
    CW: 260.8
    GW: 170

I’m 5’1 but I’m bigboned I need more VSG FRIENDS.
  • mmary925
    mmary925 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing stories...my dr wants me to ha WLS but I'm so scared.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I am 47 and 5'7"
    HW 316.4
    SW 300
    CW 265
    GW 175-180

I had my VSG on 2/19/18
    I used to wear 3x-4x tops and 26 pants
    I am currently wearing Xl - 2X tops depending on the style and size 20 pants
    I joined the YMCA and am walking and exercising 2-3 days a week. I have also just recently started doing workout videos at home on the other days so I hope this will help with muscle tone, flexibility, and strength. I actually just brought my balance ball to work today to use as my desk chair and love it!
    I eat approximately 1000- 1100 calories a day.

• Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    lecia125 wrote: »
    I am 47 and 5'7"
    HW 316.4
    SW 300
    CW 265
    GW 175-180

I had my VSG on 2/19/18
    I joined the YMCA and am walking and exercising 2-3 days a week. I have also just recently started doing workout videos at home on the other days so I hope this will help with muscle tone, flexibility, and strength. I actually just brought my balance ball to work today to use as my desk chair and love it!

I love my balance ball too!

• Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    JamesAztec wrote: »
    This is my first attempt at a "weight loss journey" video. Made it in Google Photos. Amateurish but oh well... ;)
    https://youtu.be/uq65wHfdm1U

Awesome transformation! Congratulations!
  • KairosgrammyBypassLeanerLynn
    Options
    I'm Lynn and I am 66 years old. My highest weight was 331 lbs right before I started the Bariatric program. I thought I was 5'3" but as it turns out, I've shrunk. I am now 5'1 & 3/4". Guess that's what happens when you put all that weight on your spinal column. I had a Roux en Y Gastric Bypass on Oct. 17th, 2017 so I'm almost 7 months out. At the time of surgery, I was down to 279 lbs. I now weigh (or I did on 5/4/2018 and I weigh only 1 time per week or I get obsessive about it) 199.8. ONEDERLAND!!!! So I've lost 131.2 lbs altogether and 79.2 lbs since surgery. That amazes me. So wish I'd been able to do this so many years ago. I feel better, my arthritis is a lot better and moving is so much easier!
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »
    I just realized this was here....

I'll have my gastric bypass 5/16/2017.-- In Kansas City, Missouri, at St. Luke's Health System
    start weight, 10/3/16- 313
    weigh currently: 275
    I'm sure I'll lose on the pre-op diet.
    shoe size between 7 1/2 & 8 depending on the shoe.
    3XL shirts... down to 2XL now
    I stopped paying attention to the numbers on my pants ages ago. I know my jeans are falling off my behind.

Thought I would update on my one-year surgiversary. :)
    Current weight: 143
    Current tops: small/medium
    Current bottoms: 6/8
    Shoe size: 7-7.5

This last year has been so awesome, there have been ups and downs, but overall, it has been an awesome journey!! :smiley:

Just trying to figure out maintenance, as I truly do NOT want to get any smaller, I would like to maintain between 145 & 150.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Samquentin Happy Surgerversary! You've really embraced your new lifestyle. I'm so happy for you!

How is the running going? I forget if you did the 5k? My story is startimg to get noticed. I'll be interviewed tomorrow for the third time. Marathon Training Academy Podcast. It's a pretty popular one!
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JamesAztec wrote: »
    @Samquentin Happy Surgerversary! You've really embraced your new lifestyle. I'm so happy for you!

How is the running going? I forget if you did the 5k? My story is startimg to get noticed. I'll be interviewed tomorrow for the third time. Marathon Training Academy Podcast. It's a pretty popular one!

Sadly, I've had to take a couple weeks off of running, had to get my dang gallbladder out :( But, Surgeon said I'm healed up to try running again, but if I have any pain to stop, since I'm 2.5 weeks out. SO, with his blessing, I'm going for a run today. :):)

I had signed up for two 5K's, both of them were the weekend after my surgery. :/ I've gotta find me another one and sign up again!

I totally forgot I was going to read your story!!! I had did a quick once over, but that's it! I"m so excited for you and how awesome you did in the marathon!! You are my running inspiration!
  • shannamc2774
    shannamc2774 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello from Idaho. 5'1 vgs hw 291 lw 178 cw 186
    Sleeved march 2016. A few pounds creeped up on me, scary AF! But I'm back in track and down a couple of pounds. Struggling with gerd. On new meds, hopefully they work. So tired of the pain.
  • biddynz
    biddynz Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    And hi from New Zealand!
    HW 260lbs, and had a lap band 2009. Dropped to 180lbs and maintained maybe 4-5 years.
    Got cancer, band emptied for chemo, and it broke when refilling a year later.
    Gained weight to 220lbs and had RNY December 2017.
    Now 161lbs, 5lbs off goal (goal determined by ‘not overweight BMI’)

It has been a bit of a dream journey for me - plain sailing, steady weight loss, manageable stalls. Have recently begin hankering for the rubbish food again, but I am hunkering down and riding that out! I know I have to have ended those rubbish habits forever...
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight: 269 (15 years ago)
    Starting Weight: 241
    Surgery Date: 229
    3 months post VSG: 195

My goal is 170 although my doc wants to see me at 160. I am 38 years old and 5'6.
  • AncaM84
    AncaM84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My stats are:
    Preop diet - April 16th 2018 -128 kg
    Surgery weight - April 30th 2018- 119.4kg
    Current weight - July 22nd 2018- 91.9 kg
    Hight - 1.73 m
    Goal weight - 65 kg (27kg more to go)
    Type of surgery : gastric bypass

Before the surgery I was a type 2 diabetic, had hepatic steatosis, the doctors suspected a polycitemie vera and my colesterol and triglycerides were through the roof. Now I have almost perfect blood tests (thank God and the surgeon for that) and except for the dizzinesa I'm doing perfect. Trying to workout too (never did this before), bought a crosstrainer and working out 30 minutes a day (i started 2 days ago) - before it was just walking a few km a day.
  • bethstika
    bethstika Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Current weight: 326 (highest recorded), BMI 56

Goal weight: 145-155 (I don't know what will look healthy on me - always been heavy)

Height: Shrunk from 5'5" to current at 5'4" (spine degeneration)

Surgery date: October 22, 2018

Surgery type: Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy

Clothing sizes: Tops, 3X-5X (depending where I buy from); Pants 26W-30W/4X-5X (also depends where I buy from); Shoes 8.5W-9.5W women's US

Medical issues: sleep apnea, hypothyroid, pre-diabetic, chronic migraines, chronic back and knee pain, THREE knee surgeries, degenerative joint and disc disease, fibromyalgia, gout, arthritis, reflux, recurring insomnia, major depressive disorder (mild), anxiety,

I just joined MFP yesterday and am prepping for VSG on October 22nd!! I got my new Garmin tracker yesterday at my pre-op education classes, so I'm off and "running" so to speak. ;) (Except that I had knee surgery a few months ago and am just trying to get back into walking without pain)
    Hoping to find like-minded people getting ready to go through this process, as well as people who have already taken the plunge! Can use all the support I can get :)
    Currently living in the Midwest (SW Chicagoland area), so if you are near me...give a shout out!
  • Sunnykjd53
    Sunnykjd53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate.

I just wrote a detailed post & it disappeared. So, I'm trying again, but in mini-version:
    Gastric bypass - March 2014
    Highest pre-op weight: 279.4
    Day of op weight: 246.4
    Lowest post-op: 164.5
    Original target: 154 (so didn't make it, but surgeon was OK with my loss)
    Dream weight: 125 (ideal bmi)
    Current weight: 187

So, still got a long way to go...frustrating, but my new motto is:
    'Keep Calm, Keep Going and Enjoy the Journey'!
    Good luck to all. 🙂
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    lecia125 wrote: »
    I am 47 and 5'7"
    HW 316.4
    SW 300
    CW 265
    GW 175-180

I had my VSG on 2/19/18

UPDATE: Consistency pays off. I am still steadily losing. Currently at 225, 7 months out from VSG. I haven't been eating the BEST but am aware of my mistakes so I guess that is the first step in correcting them. i want to be 100# down by the end of November which is when I began my journey. Surgery was 2/19/18.
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Age 53, 54 next week
    Height 5’3”
    Surgery date: 7/23/18 RNY
    Highest weight 287
    Surgery weight 268
    Current weight 213.5
    Haven’t picked a goal weight yet.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Time for my update :)

Highest weight: 2015 - 333.8 lbs
    Pre-op diet weight: June 5, 2018 - 288.8 lbs
    Surgery date: June 25,2018
    Current weight: 224.0 lbs

Honestly who cares what I lost cause it’s more important what I gained:

Energy, I walk for miles, run around with my dog, work out and then still have energy to clean the house, run up the stairs etc.

Confidence: I went to Vegas in October, got on a plane, fit in the seat, four hour flight, then still walked Vegas for hours every day!

Pants that fit: from a high size of 28 to a current size of 18!! And I finally own knee high boots!