Pants- 20
    Shoes- 10 wide

Currently:
    Weight- 216 lbs
    Shirts- XL
    Pants- 16
    Shoes- 9.5 Medium

Total 51 lbs down.

Haven't lost anything in about 2 weeks. No gaining but it's frustrating. I just have to change things up with different excercises. I got the ok to start the weight training so hopefully that kick start the weight loss again. I've been eating more protein but sometimes it's really hard to get all that protein in one day.
  • kriley71
    kriley71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done 5/19/15
    Start weight: 296
    Surgery weight: 280
    1wk post op weight: 268

Shirt Size: 1-2x
    Pant Size: 24
    Shoe Size: 9

Struggling to meet my protein and liquid intake. Walking just fine, sleeping a lot more.

• steph_abu
    steph_abu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I has Rny on January 14, 2015. My stats are: 5'7", hw 312, Sq 257, cw 190. I'm about 20 pounds from my goal!
  • morisato
    morisato Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sleeved may 14 2015 2 weeks out now
    Post op optifast weight April 14th 410lbs
    Surgery weight 372lb
    Current weight may 29th 354 lbs
  • Mskris1086
    Mskris1086 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm glad I found this group bc I was seriously underutilizing this app. I'm Kristin

Sleeved 2-17-15
    Height 5'11"

Highest weight was 338lbs
    shirt 22/24 pant 24/26

Surgery weight 296 lbs

Weight today 227 lbs
    shirt 12/14 pant 16

Goal is 170 lbs!

Add me anytime :smile:
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm Kiele (like Kylie). VSG 1-13-15
    HW:249.9
    SW: 227
    CW: 165
    GW: 150

Pants: 18/20...... Now 12
    Tops: 2XL........now med/lg

Be been working my butt off and I've learned that I'm not one of those people who can just eat less and lose, I have to be very cautious of what I put in my mouth. And if I don't move I don't lose. I'm currently training for a 10K this August, something I never thought I could do!
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Had lap band on 8/7/12 when I was 310 and lost down to 232 lbs. Then started throwing up everything, gained back to 271 and switched 6/1/15 to the gastric sleeve.

Height 5'5"
    Goal is 150 (may revise once I get there)

Highest weight was 395 - did Atkins and lost down to 232 and then gained back up to 310.

Surgery weight 6/1/15 was 271.8
    Weight today 6/5/15 is 263.2

Highest shirt size was 4XL and pant was 32.

Currently shirt size 2XL and pant size 20 or 22 depending on the style.
  • brendanewstart2014
    brendanewstart2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on 9/17/14.

Height: 5'6
    Highest weight: 269
    Surgery weight: 240
    Pants: 24
    Tops: 3x

Current weight: app - 183
    Pants: 16
    Tops: xl

I stalled and stopped tracking, so my protein was not good. I am back tracking and trying to make progress again.
  • lisamcrawford715
    lisamcrawford715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    RNY January 13, 2014
    Height- 5'3"
    Age- 44

Highest weight-256
    Pants size- 22/24
    Shirt- 3x
    Shoe- 9 1/2

Current weight- 130-135
    Pants size- 4
    Shirt- small
    Shoe- 8 1/2

First 5k run May 30, 2015
    Now training for 1/2 marathon March 2016

• BabeDeNoc
    BabeDeNoc Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RNY: 10/1/2013
    Height: 5'7"

HW: 238
    SW: 228
    CW: 141.5
    GW: 138

Pants: 20, now 8
    Tops: 2X, now Medium

I reached my goal weight after 8 months, but in the last month or two I've added 3 pounds--due to developing some bad snacking habits and not exercising as regularly as in the past. I had a shoulder injury that knocked me out of my regular exercise pattern for a couple months, and had a hard time getting back into the normal rhythm. So its back basics time. No excuses.

I'm so happy to join this group on MyFitnessPal. I belonged to a group on Facebook which recently disbanded. I really enjoy communicating with others who share the same achievements, struggles, concerns and can provide support, advice and encouragement.
  • Jack4774
    Jack4774 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My name is Kim.
    Sleeved 11/5/12 (during Hurricane Sandy)

I am 5' 3".
    Starting weight: 242 (38 yrs old)
    Shirt: 2xl (20/22)
    Pants: 18/20
    Dress: 20W

Now (as of 6/15/15) almost 41 yrs old
    Weight: 147
    Shirt: medium (8/10)
    Pants: 8
    Dress: 8

I have 12 lbs to go to my goal. After a few set backs I'm determined to get there. Fitness Pal and my Fitbit are keeping me on track.
    Congratulations to everyone's successes!

My treat to myself if I reach and maintain my goal? A tummy tuck....losing weight quickly and a lot of it has left me with extra skin and very self conscious.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    VSG April 17, 2014

Height 5'7"
    HW 267.5
    SW 254
    CW 148.5

Wore size 3 in Chicos - 18 -20 or 22 pants
    Large tops

Now size 6 -8
    Small tops

• HollysLatestWhim
    HollysLatestWhim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I had VSG on June 18, 2015 (just 4 days ago...still tender in the tummy!)

Height: 5'4"
    Highest Weight: 282
    Surgery Weight: 279
    Pants: 22
    Tops: 3X (tight)

Current Weight: 267
    Was able to button my jeans to go walking today! (They've been too tight after surgery until today.)

I am so happy to be on the other side of surgery...finally!! I have visited in here every now and then over the past couple of years and have been so envious of seeing everyone's weight losses! I finally decided that I needed to do something to help me get a big chunk of weight off so I could be mobile again. I have moderate to severe arthritis in my knees. I haven't been able to walk for any period of time without intense pain. My weight had finally gotten to a point where I wasn't able to walk for exercise and couldn't motivate myself for long enough to get enough weight off that it would make a difference in my knees. I walked tonight with my daughter around our neighborhood. Not for long but even what we did was pretty amazing for me! (The pain killers I'm on for the surgery are REALLY nice for my knees too!!)

Today, I have been working harder to get all my liquids in. I haven't for the past couple of days and it showed in my urine this morning. I don't want to be back in the hospital with dehydration!! I've been doing well so far today.

I look forward to getting to know people here!

• mmcevoyblackburn
    mmcevoyblackburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    VSG 12/17/14

HW: 366
    SW: 335
    CW: 234

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I had RNY 6-15-15 and at 10 days out I'm feeling terrific. Post op appt this afternoon to remove these 20 staples!! After losing the same 80 lbs for the last 20 years and never getting to a healthy weight I feel like I finally have the tools to succeed. So happy to be on this journey with all of you.

Surgery: Gastic Bypass 6-15-15
    Highest weight: 290
    Surgery weight: 230
    Height: 5'6"
    Shirts: XL
    Pants 22
    Shoes: women's 8.5-9
    Ring size: 9

Currently:
    Weight: 214
    Shirt: L
    Pants: 16
    Shoes: 8-8.5
    Ring: 8
  • roslynhs
    roslynhs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Surgery Date: 06/01/2015
    Highest Weight: 294 lbs
    Surgery Weight: 285 lbs
    Current Weight: 261 lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs
    Height: 5'4"

My results may not be typical to others.

I was always an athletically active person even at my heaviest weight. Before my surgery, I was working out 4 days per week doing T25 or P90X or yoga or tennis. I mention that because I was up and walking 6 hours after my surgery. I was able to go to the bathroom by myself. I went home 32 hours after surgery and went back to work 72 hours after surgery (I'm a software developer). Hell...after the birth of my last son via C-Section, I went home 48 hours later. I walked right out of the hospital (no wheelchair). My core muscles are very strong and that helped me with a speedy recovery.

Before surgery, I was on a liquid diet (800 calories per day) for 10 days. Immediately following surgery, I was on clear diet for 2 days, then returned to a liquid diet for 5 days. Then soft foods for 7 days; soft/solid foods for another 7 days.

But...what am I struggling with now???.

Although I'm consuming about 1300 calories a day (I can eat 4 to 6 ounces) and I'm back to my workout routine, I have not lost a pound in over a week. I HAVE LOST INCHES. My body is definitely re-shaping itself. The scale does not reflect that. Needless to say I am INCREDIBLY BUMMED about the scale.

I'm calling my Surgeon on Monday to give him my stats. I use MyFitnessPal and FitBit to track my exercise and diet. I am thinking about going back on a liquid diet but I know my doctor will strongly frown on that.

I have to say, the one thing I have learned that is COMPLETELY OFF MY PLATE is bread, rolls, bagels, etc. They feel THE WORSE going down. OMG!!! I've tried bread twice and both times, I almost tossed my cookies. Horrible feeling.

What else can I say? I'm on the internet and youtube listening and reading all kinds of other people's experiences. Everyone is going to have different experience.

I hope mine was helpful.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jan.

I had a Sleeve done on Feb. 4th, 2015.

Prior surgery:
    Highest weight- 298 lbs
    Surgery weight- 256 lbs
    Shirts- 5XL
    Pants- 22
    Shoes- 12 wide

Currently:
    Weight- 205 lbs
    Shirts- XL-L
    Pants- 16
    Shoes- 11 Regular

Total 51 lbs down.

Feeling great and making good choices. I had one month where I had a gain, but I had been letting crap foods in, so I went back to what had been working and that was two protein drinks a day (egg protein) and one healthy meal with a healthy snack. BOOM, the loss started up again.

I have a blog at www.onwarddown.blogspot.com and am on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/janaevsg

I don't keep much of my life quiet, LOL.

zdcwe8smc5r8.jpg

l10bktfquw4n.jpg

I still have about 40 pounds to lose yet.
  • lisatrupp
    lisatrupp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lorijp wrote: »
    Hi name is Lori, I was sleeved in July 2012 in Acuna, Mexico.
    I am 5'4
    Prior to surgery:
    weighed 244.7 lbs (day of surgery, which is the biggest I have ever been)
    I wore 22-24 Pant size
    2-3X shirt size
    8 1/2 shoe size wide width

Current weight: toggle between 114-118 lbs.
    3-5/6 size jeans--depends on the brand
    small-medium shirt
    7 to 7 1/2 shoe size--YES i lost weight in my feet lol

I am 18 months out and I am currently in maintenance. I toggle between 114-118 lbs. and I am good with this toggle. Maintenance in itself is a challenge. I am learning every day to better maintain and how to maintain. It's a roller coaster ride that's for sure so, it's a good thing I love roller coasters! It's been a fun ride with it's ups and downs but more than anything it's been life changing for me. I have learned many things through this journey, one being that I was a sweetaholic! I have not had cake, donuts, candy bar, cobbler...for 18 months! I learned just how much I craved and wanted sweets and how I had no boundaries concerning them. For me, it's not about just losing weight but about learning to eat differently so that I do not find myself in that situation again. I am continually learning that it's not just about the quantity of food I eat but what I am eating that makes the difference in staying healthy and keeping the weight off. I feel I will ever be learning in this area. I learn from each and every one of you.

I am loving this journey to a healthier me! I feel so much better and have so much more energy. One of the best decisions I have ever made was being sleeved and learning to eat differently.

Excited to hear what your stats are and where you are on this journey :smile:

• lisatrupp
    lisatrupp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa I started my journey in May 2014 at my highest weight was 299. I had 6 months of nutrition classes and learned that I had no idea about how much my body needed protein in order to lose weight. I'm 46 yrs old now n lost weight n gained during my 6 month process. By the time it was surgery time I had only lost 6lbs. I wore. 26/28 pants tightly n 3-4X tops. My VSG surgery was 3/2/15 n I've lost 55lbs which is a huge victory to me!!! I love my sleeve!! I'm currently in size 22 pants which are getting loose n size 22 tops which is like 1X-2X. It is a journey but one that I have learned many things about myself n I will continue to learn!
  • mnjhowell
    mnjhowell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had my lap band placed in May 2009. My weight the morning of surgery was 298. My lowest weight was 137. In May 2012 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and I currently sit at 160 pounds for the past 2 years. Def not 137 but I am happy with it and do not look sick :) I wear a size 9/10 pant and large top and I am so glad I took this leap so many years ago!