51 minutes.... 11.81 miles
    45 minutes....10.72 miles

Walking distance..... 1.50 miles

Total for today.... 24.03 miles
    MTD.... 418.66 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    My Achilles is acting up so I'm a bit worried about Sunday's race. It started up again with some running this morning.
    Today was highlighted by me adopting a kitten. We just got home and she's under a cabinet in the bathroom. This is my first time with a cat, so it's going to be interesting.

1.1 miles.

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks for letting me vent. That is what I love about this thread.Things felt better today than they have been for a few weeks. I got 21 miles in the past two days. I rode my bike for 13 and walked 8.
    TTD: 163 miles

exercise.png

@Dean: I could write a dissertation on here about my dad’s house but I will spare everyone. It is true that most families have one family member that cares for aging parents. Those that have help from others should count it a blessing.
    @kflec80: Only runners know how great running is for clearing the brain.Listening to the rhythm of one’s feet, feeling the motion of arm swing, even measuring breaths has some healing ability. The body willing itself on when another step seems impossible. The euphoric runner’s high that one is fortunate to experience on occasion that makes you feel like you are floating instead of running. The run that comes so perfectly together. The mind over matter battle that goes on between the body and the brain. It is truly cathartic.
    @kar: How wonderful to be adding a kitty to your life. I am sure you will make wonderful memories together. Pets also are so therapeutic. They just give so unconditionally. Be careful with your Achilles.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Youngest son who lives in Arkansas & works as a consultant in the oil fields of North Dakota is home with us in Montana to go hunting for deer. He bought our oldest grandson (his nephew & god child) his first rifle for his birthday next month & for his very first year of hunting! Keenan is soooo excited about shooting his first deer that I hope he gets some sleep tonight! Its like waiting for Santa when he believed in Santa! LOL
    Guess what folks? My kitchen (except for putting the pantry doors back on) is officially DONE!! EVERYBODY says "WOW! What a TRANSFORMATION!" It is way BRIGHTER for sure! I really do love it! We used 3 different shades of gray on all the walls & white for ceilings, trim & on all cabinets & doors! Baseboards "will" be 4" white to match the window trim.
    The girl who owns the building where I am to lead classes still doesn't have her floor ripped up & new put down & its been 6 weeks!!! I felt I was taking over when I was helping her in August so I stepped back to let her do "her" thing & hardly anything is getting done! I'm worried I won't even get to start Nov 1st! I told her I'd come help when I finished the kitchen so this week I'm going to go crack the whip!! LOL She asked me in August how I can keep going all day & I said I won't stop & its MIND over MATTER! So I don't think about quitting & only think of the more I have to get done!! I've gone a few nights to about midnight & my husband says I'm nuts! Oh well, I got lots DONE that day!!
    My intervals tonight were walking & running with weights & conditioning. Got 2 miles out of the deal!

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    10/16 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/17 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/18 - 16.0 miles turbo trainer (went to see my oral surgeon, not good news)
    10/19 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 367.0 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    10/18 9.25 miles

As of 10/18 148 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 9 miles for 9 out of 250. Yeah! I'm on the board. :smile:

Adding 30 miles for 39 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 46 out of 250.

Adding 6 miles for 52 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 69 out of 250.

Adding 20 miles for 89 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 103 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 118 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 132 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally getting some miles back on the trainer after a quick bought with the cold that is going around.

@Char - You have my sympathy on the caring for the elderly. My grandparents had 11 children and 10 of them were willing to take turns caring for my grandmother (11th was out of country). It took about a year and only two were still willing. You are a saint for pushing through that.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Dave would you please change my goal to 60. I am not even going to get close to 100...I have been grounded by the doc. She gave me a boot for my foot! A boot! Ugliest thing you've ever seen! Needs glitter or Pound Puppy stickers or something. I am to "rest". I don't "rest" very well. I got a shot for my arthritis Wednesday. It has helped a lot.

Adding 4.02 miles

exercise.png

Have a good weekend everyone.

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    10/20

Exercise bike
    47 minutes.... 11.88 miles
    48 minutes.... 11.49 miles

Walking distance... 1 mile

Total... 24.37 miles
    MTD miles 443.03
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congrats on making GOAL to @2essie ! :star:

Free <<HUGS>> to anyone who needs one
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @vhuber: Congrats on your kitchen. Share some photos. Would love to see your handy work.

@Dean: That is really sad about your grandmother. My neighbor across the street, my husband and I and the neighbor above my 84 year old neighbor take care of her. She has like five kids, tons of grandchildren and great grand children. One son comes to put out her garbage and on daughter takes her grocery shopping.I cut her front, side lawn and trim all her shrubs. The other neighbor rcuts her back on his rider. My husband and I plow her out with our tractor, snow blower or shovels.My neighbor below often drops off meals. Where is the family?

@cpanus: A boot! Yikes. So is it other things besides the Plantar Fascitis? I had some arthritis in my foot but it seems to have gone away. A little in my right ankle. But manageable. My knee does not hurt. It just trips me when I list expect it. Read the Facebook reviews on the Protalus inserts. People are walking pain free after surgeries, boots, custom orthotics. Back and hip pain gone because of realignments. It is worth a look.

Oct.20: brrrrr...managed 5 miles walking and 10 on the x bike. Snow flurries tonight. Too cold for October. Bring back fall. Adding 15 miles. I may reach 200. Not my usual 300 but I will be happy to hit goal this month.
    TTD: 178 miles.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    10/16 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/17 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/18 - 16.0 miles turbo trainer (went to see my oral surgeon, not good news)
    10/19 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/20 - 26.0 miles cycling

Total: 393.0 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    19th Oct 6.11 miles walked
    20th Oct 5.65 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 115.39
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    October 1 - 10 km
    October 2 - 10 km
    October 3 - 10 km
    October 4 - Holidays
    October 5 - Holidays
    October 6 - Holidays
    October 7 - Holidays
    October 8 - 5 km run Destin, Florida
    October 9 - Traveling home
    October 10 - Traveling home
    October 15 - 14 km run
    October 16 - 14 km run
    October 17 - 14 km run
    October 18 - 10 km run
    October 19 - 10 km run
    October 20 - 10 km run
    October 21 - 5 km club run

Total distance 115 km - goal 140 km.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Adding 9 miles for 9 out of 250. Yeah! I'm on the board. :smile:

Adding 30 miles for 39 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 46 out of 250.

Adding 6 miles for 52 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 69 out of 250.

Adding 20 miles for 89 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 103 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 118 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 132 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 147 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @Dean: That is really sad about your grandmother. My neighbor across the street, my husband and I and the neighbor above my 84 year old neighbor take care of her. She has like five kids, tons of grandchildren and great grand children. One son comes to put out her garbage and on daughter takes her grocery shopping.I cut her front, side lawn and trim all her shrubs. The other neighbor rcuts her back on his rider. My husband and I plow her out with our tractor, snow blower or shovels.My neighbor below often drops off meals. Where is the family?

We have family from Southern California to Seattle to Pennsylvania. It's not as easy as walking over to her place. None of the family lived in their home town. She had to pack up and move to the new home each month. That had to be hard on her. Never a place that was truly hers. Towns are either growing or dying. The kids all moved away to find work. People didn't want industry to move into their quaint little down. That's something parents don't think of sometimes when they vote to not allow new businesses into the area. My grandmother was just plain bitter about my grandfather passing first. That made it hard for people to keep listening to her. I'm glad you guys live close enough to help out on a regular basis.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Adding 5 miles. I did a race this morning and ran the whole thing. I did this race two years ago, started with my trainer and another client and couldn't keep up, so I ended up walking a lot and that's bothered me since then. This was iffy as my Achilles was acting up this week. I went with my trainer, we met another employee at the gym, I started well behind both of them and ran the whole thing. And that feels good. Well, mentally it does. My legs are sore. And I didn't get much sleep - new kitty decide to hide under my bed and stay awake all night. But we got to the point of my petting her and she came out from under there.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.