TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy November.

I am Murdog3t aka Tami. I live in Napa California with my retired husband and my 16 yr old son. My eating style has changed beginning of July I started IF & Keto ( love it) . On July 30th I was assaulted by a patient at work ( I am a supervisor Registered Nurse in the local state mental hospital be there 30 yrs)
    Long story story I am on the road to recovery and hope to get back to work soon.
    Hoping to drop that last stubborn 8 lbs
    I love every form of exercise.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    scarapet wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Sara. I’m 32 and I’m from Alberta, Canada. I’m a registered nurse. This is my first challenge. I joined MFP a long time ago but am just getting back into it after a few years. I have a lot of weight I would like to lose overall.My goals for this challenge are to lose 8-10lbs, drink enough water and to do more meal prep rather than buying food out.

Welcome, Sara! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Let's do this!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Melissa. I am 34 years old and I want to lose 60-70 lbs. A few years back, I lost 40-50 lbs then I slowly gained it back as I went to school. I am now a Registered Nurse and it has been killing me being overweight as my job is very demanding up on my feet all day. So I have decided to get back on the wagon and lose weight nice again. I need all support I can get.
    My goal is lose at least 10 lbs this month as I am starting. I want to drink more water and add exercise to my life again.
    I'm also glad to see fellow nurses on this group. :)
  • laurencoleman_807
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Lauren. I'm 32 and live in Wisconsin. I'm a single mom of 2 and have a desk job that keeps me busy. I'm working on losing 40 lbs total (about 35 more to go). I lost 20 last year and have stayed stagnant for awhile. I'm looking forward to getting this goal accomplished! My challenge is staying consistent and keeping things simple and effective. I'm looking forward to having accountability and making some new friends. :smile:
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,

I'm Laura. I'm 34. I've lost 87lbs so far with 42 to go to goal weight. I exercise a lot - taekwondo, weightlifting and now running too. The bit I've slipped on is getting a decent protein intake and drinking enough water so will focus on this during this challenge and get back to logging regularly (havebeen lazy for two weeks and surprise, surprise have maintained). Nice to see lots of other medical people in our group - keeps me busy but not fit and skinny unfortunately!
  • xr8_kiwi
    xr8_kiwi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    November challenge will be my second month part of this challenge and part of this awesome Big Butt Theory Team.
    I live in Taranaki, New Zealand with my husband and have 3 children aged 20, 16 and 13. We are dairyfarmng our small herd of 230 Jersey cows.
    I am turning 40 in March and that is my driving force, I want to hit my 40's healthier and more active
    I started at the end of September at 277 lbs, and today sitting at 255.2 lbs. I have made my first goal to get down to 220 lbs. While my longer term goal is to reach around 187.
    Cheers
    Lisa.
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello Big Butts, My name is Mikayla and this will be my 3rd month in this challenge. I had great success my first month, but my October slowed me down. My original starting weight was 165.4, and I am currently weighing in at 160.2. I am glad to have kept off the original 5 lbs that I lost, but my next goal is to get to 155 lbs (overall goal is 135lbs). I know I can do this, but often times I tend to return to those sweets...Im rededicating myself to losing weight this month along with the rest of you!

Outside of my weight-loss journey, I am 21 years old and live in upstate NY. I work at a college and have a welsh terrier named Chase. I am also a big fan of tea and learning how to better myself through YouTube videos.

Lets kick our own butts this month! ~Mikayla
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, My name is Melissa. I am 34 years old and I want to lose 60-70 lbs. A few years back, I lost 40-50 lbs then I slowly gained it back as I went to school. I am now a Registered Nurse and it has been killing me being overweight as my job is very demanding up on my feet all day. So I have decided to get back on the wagon and lose weight nice again. I need all support I can get.
    My goal is lose at least 10 lbs this month as I am starting. I want to drink more water and add exercise to my life again.
    I'm also glad to see fellow nurses on this group. :)

Welcome, Melissa! Congratulations on becoming a registered nurse! Yes, I can only imagine how demanding that job might be! A lot of people gain weight while in school, so don't beat yourself up. The good news is that you have lost weight in the past, so you know how to do it!! You got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Lauren. I'm 32 and live in Wisconsin. I'm a single mom of 2 and have a desk job that keeps me busy. I'm working on losing 40 lbs total (about 35 more to go). I lost 20 last year and have stayed stagnant for awhile. I'm looking forward to getting this goal accomplished! My challenge is staying consistent and keeping things simple and effective. I'm looking forward to having accountability and making some new friends. :smile:

Welcome, Lauren!! Well done on losing twenty pounds last year and keeping it off!! Yes, keep things simple and effective, and the next thirty five will join last year's twenty!! You got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi Team,

I'm Laura. I'm 34. I've lost 87lbs so far with 42 to go to goal weight. I exercise a lot - taekwondo, weightlifting and now running too. The bit I've slipped on is getting a decent protein intake and drinking enough water so will focus on this during this challenge and get back to logging regularly (havebeen lazy for two weeks and surprise, surprise have maintained). Nice to see lots of other medical people in our group - keeps me busy but not fit and skinny unfortunately!

Wow! Congratulations on losing 87 pounds so far!! You must feel so much better!! Great list of exercises that you do as well...that'll keep things from becoming boring!!
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week:5
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 145.6
    Today’s weight:144.2

November 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    35 min Bettyrocker video
    63 min (2.79 miles)walk
    Steps: 10062
    Water: 96 oz
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Username :bizgirl26
    Friday weigh in
    last week 161
    Today 160.6

Not bad for the Halloween binge :(
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Username :bizgirl26
    Friday weigh in
    last week 161
    Today 160.6

Not bad for the Halloween binge :(

Agreed, not bad at all this week!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 1
    Mini challenge
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)

November 2
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- no
  • LinnyKitten
    LinnyKitten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    November 1
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes (30 minute jog/walk)
    Started the day off well, then had a binge that night on leftover Halloween candy. woops.

November 2nd
    Calories: yes (1,314 out of allotted 1,326)
    Exercise: yes (30 minute walk)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Friday mini challenge
    Y to exercise
    N to logging and calories
    I am going to do better today !
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 1
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes (30 minute jog/walk)
    Started the day off well, then had a binge that night on leftover Halloween candy. woops.

November 2nd
    Calories: yes (1,314 out of allotted 1,326)
    Exercise: yes (30 minute walk)

That dreaded Halloween candy......hope it's all gone now!!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Username: reanna143
    Weigh in week: Nov, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 167
    Todays Weight: 163.5
  • murdog3t
    Options
    November 2

Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    35 min bettyrocker video posterior chain
    65min (2.79 miles)walk
    Steps: 11725
    Water: 96 oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Reanna143 wrote: »
    Username: reanna143
    Weigh in week: Nov, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 167
    Todays Weight: 163.5

Wow, Steffy!! You are doing so well!! What is your secret?!!
This discussion has been closed.