What's for Lunch?

Options

Replies

• ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I made Cheesy Ham Chowder and have been eating that for the last couple of days, along with leftover pork medallions with Monterey Jack cheese. The entire meal is under 450 calories. - 5 carbs/32g fat/29g protein. Very filling.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I made Cheesy Ham Chowder and have been eating that for the last couple of days, along with leftover pork medallions with Monterey Jack cheese. The entire meal is under 450 calories. - 5 carbs/32g fat/29g protein. Very filling.

Oh. My. Word. I looked at the recipe and am now drooling, lol! It looks amazing! (I'm not much of a ham person, so I will likely make it with leftover chicken, but I can tell it will work just fine!)
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    My husband put himself through college working at a sandwich shop that had unique sandwiches. That is where he came up with pork and olive sandwiches. You take equal amounts of chopped up pork and chopped green olives; add a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise. Serve on grilled bread (like a grilled cheese sandwich).

I'm altering that by replacing the bread with a lettuce wrap. That will be today's lunch.

300 calories - 3 carbs/27g fat/21g protein
  • nomasexcuses
    nomasexcuses Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today is leftover stuffed buffalo chicken breast! One of my favorite go to Keto meals. Quick. easy, and doesn't resemble diet food of any kind!
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    Today is leftover stuffed buffalo chicken breast! One of my favorite go to Keto meals. Quick. easy, and doesn't resemble diet food of any kind!

Sounds good. Do you have a recipe you could share?
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    That does sound yummy!

Today, I have stuffed meatballs, tossed in pesto, and then baked in fathead dough...om nom nom!
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    That does sound yummy!

Today, I have stuffed meatballs, tossed in pesto, and then baked in fathead dough...om nom nom!

Teresa, that sounds really good. What are your meatballs stuffed with?
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    @ClaudiaDawn2 -I usually beat some Italian seasoning into cream cheese, and then stuff the meatball...sometimes, it's cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon...other times it's cream cheese, chives, and red chili flakes. It really just depends on how I am feeling that day and what side dishes are going with it. I try to keep a batch in my fridge for fast lunches, or as a savoury fat bomb.

Today's lunch is a petite sirloin steak, sautéed spinach, onions, and mushrooms, and 6 jumbo shrimp pan fried in butter and garlic.

I also brought in a pitcher of cold chai tea, so I can make ice chai lattes as my mid afternoon snack for the rest of the week.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    @ClaudiaDawn2 -I usually beat some Italian seasoning into cream cheese, and then stuff the meatball...sometimes, it's cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon...other times it's cream cheese, chives, and red chili flakes. It really just depends on how I am feeling that day and what side dishes are going with it. I try to keep a batch in my fridge for fast lunches, or as a savoury fat bomb.

Today's lunch is a petite sirloin steak, sautéed spinach, onions, and mushrooms, and 6 jumbo shrimp pan fried in butter and garlic.

I also brought in a pitcher of cold chai tea, so I can make ice chai lattes as my mid afternoon snack for the rest of the week.

That sounds wonderful!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today's lunch is cream of cauliflower soup! I made a batch last night for dinner, and then set out little bowls of things the family could add in, to customize it. Our daughter added a spoonful of roasted veggies. My hubby tossed in some diced ham, diced roasted potatoes, and cheddar cheese. They added some copycat cheddar bay biscuits to their dinner. I went somewhere in between with veggies, ham, and cheese, and a keto-friendly cheddar bay biscuit.

So today's lunch is leftovers! It's especially good since it is really cold and rainy here in the Bluegrass State!
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    Nothing is better than homemade soup on a cold day!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made keto friendly chicken cordon bleu last night for dinner -so the leftover went to work with me today. I rolled the chicken with ham and cheddar cheese (I was out of swiss), and baked them til they were done. I served it over cauliflower rice, and made a cream cheese sauce to go over the top (1 ounce cream cheese melted with a splash of cream, and seasoned with thyme, ground mustard, garlic powder, and a little black pepper).
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today, I've got a brat burger with cheese, spinach, tomato, pickles, and avocado on cloud bread! On the side, a serving of cheese crisps, and crispy pepperoni chips.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    It's a scrambled egg kind of day...eggs scrambled with cheese, bacon, spinach, and mushrooms. This weekend I am bulk cooking and getting things in the canner, so hopefully, on days like today, I can just grab a jar of something off the shelf, and have that lunch! Before I started keto, I would've just grabbed a can of soup, a piece of fruit, and a sleeve of crackers. I miss the convenience of those days.

Some things going in the canner:
    • meatballs -packed in HM marinara, and some packed in broth
    • chili
    • minestrone soup
    • chicken vegetable soup
    • beef stew
    • venison stew
    • chicken marsala
    • pork scallopine
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I have to work through lunch -I hate eating at my desk. I did it for many years, and I really don't like it. But I need to leave early, so...salami, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and almonds it is!

Grr...
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    It's a scrambled egg kind of day...eggs scrambled with cheese, bacon, spinach, and mushrooms. This weekend I am bulk cooking and getting things in the canner, so hopefully, on days like today, I can just grab a jar of something off the shelf, and have that lunch! Before I started keto, I would've just grabbed a can of soup, a piece of fruit, and a sleeve of crackers. I miss the convenience of those days.

Some things going in the canner:
    • meatballs -packed in HM marinara, and some packed in broth
    • chili
    • minestrone soup
    • chicken vegetable soup
    • beef stew
    • venison stew
    • chicken marsala
    • pork scallopine

Wow - that's alot for one weekend! Good for you!
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    Options
    I can just grab a jar of something off the shelf, and have that lunch! Before I started keto, I would've just grabbed a can of soup, a piece of fruit, and a sleeve of crackers. I miss the convenience of those days.

I told my husband that it's a good thing I'm retired. I spend HOURS calculating menus, meals, and macros (and logging). I love trying new recipes so researching and preparing takes a lot of time as well.

• teresamwhite
    Options

I told my husband that it's a good thing I'm retired. I spend HOURS calculating menus, meals, and macros (and logging). I love trying new recipes so researching and preparing takes a lot of time as well.

I've enjoyed cooking from scratch, but you're right, the R&D takes quite a bit of time...I am finally starting to get into a groove. I've started making a big batch of soup or chili on Sundays, and we eat that throughout the week as needed. I do a LOT of veggie prep on Sundays, too, so my fridge is packed with containers of ingredients I can add on the fly (the prepped veggies also make it easy for my daughter to toss over rice or pasta, too, for a quick meal).

Canning all those recipes was instense this weekend, but it feels so good to see my pantry lined with jars that I can grab n go!

Today I am having Mock Potato Soup (my soup of the week lol)...cooked a whole head of cauliflower in some salted water, and then added butter and HWC, and seasoned it to taste. Then I thinned it down with some veggie stock, and it's ready to go. I am adding some bacon crumbles, steamed broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese to my bowl at lunchtime.

• CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Spiced chicken thigh and broccoli & spinach casserole.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I slept horribly last night, and then forgot to grab my lunch from the fridge...it will likely be a cheeseburger sans bun today...

Broccoli and spinach casserole sounds good...how do you make it?