Options

Replies

• Birda46
    Birda46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday/11-2-18)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes I was under budget.
    Exercise: Yes (40 minutes brisk walking around my neighborhood)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (My goal for the day was to excede my step count goal. my day was good. Instead of NOT going for a walk when I did I put my shoes on and scarf and gloves and trekked around the blocks for 2.5 miles!! I took advantage of the fact that we don't have to babysit our grandson this weekend until Sunday.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Friday Nov 2)
    Track: yes
    Calories: slightly under
    Exercise: lots of walking and barn chores. I work at a horse farm on Fridays
    Goals/Day/Comments: I stayed within my budget even with going out to eat for dinner!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Friday November 2

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. Calisthenics, 20 minutes
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily post: Nov. 2nd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, sort of (shopping at Costco and the grocery store - I counted it as 45 min of slow walking)
    Goals/Day/Comments: On Friday I love getting a sub at Publix so did get my sub today. I plan for it so I'm still under my calories and carbs for the day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday )

Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 45 mins weight training, 25 mins treadmill, 5 mins rower, 5 mins stair climber

Comments: Had this whole thing typed out and then managed to hit he wrong button on my phone. And this is why I never do it on my phone.
    Decided early into my weight training today to scrap it and do it tomorrow, figured out I am still pretty sore from yesterday and I would rather take a day of rest and get in a better quality training session. So that's what I will be doing tomorrow.
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post-Friday 2nd November
    Track- yes, under goal
    Exercise- rest day
    Comments- last night was my first night back at work and I probably didn’t eat enough calories for the training I’m doing, I did however eat enough protein, felling fantastic xx
  • AB0215
    Options
    liannexx wrote: »
    Comments- last night was my first night back at work and I probably didn’t eat enough calories for the training I’m doing, I did however eat enough protein, felling fantastic xx
    @lianexx There's a lot of conflicting information out there as to whether you can or cannot eat too little. I tend to subscribe to the theory that you can't eat too little and I'll tell you why. I train super hard 4-6 days a week. For 6 months I didn't lose anything while doing this and prior to that I lost 40 lbs super easy. I adjusted my calories during that 6 month period where I was intentionally building muscle to an amount that was a bit higher than I thought it should have been because my trainer suggested it since I was training so hard and while I did achieve the muscle development I wanted to, I didn't lose any weight. I am training now just as hard and I've adjusted my calories down, and I'm losing very steadily again. I also practice intermittent fasting and half the week I only eat one meal a day, and the rest, 2 meals max. My current trainer tells me that there are a lot of benefits to fasting and working out fasted and I would have to agree after trying her methods because I get more quality workouts, tend to lose more weight and overall, I feel better.
    I do however think that everyone needs to try these things out for themselves. I don't necessarily think that either of these is a one size fits all solution and everyone needs to experiment. And also experiment again when things aren't working. Just because something is working now, doesn't mean it will always work. Our bodies adapt and we need to modify so that we can continue to change.
  • AB0215
    Options
    kazunomiya wrote: »
    My goal was to moderate my eating habits when we had pizza (we got this crust for us girls who are watching ourselves) and snacks for our holiday set up on Thursday. I was able to eat within my calorie limits and still indulge. I was not overly hungry at all that day. I set the limit to eat 2 slices. I had a fun pack of M and M's, a mini Swiss roll, and a half cup of sparkling cider. I felt that this was a true victory for myself.
    @kazunomiya Moderation is a good thing. Sadly, it's not one I'm good at. I'm sort of an all or nothing type and I just decided to go with it. Glad you succeeded though, that's really great! Awesome job!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Hello Slimsons!! :)

My name is Nancy---this will be my 3rd round of the BLC... and I am loving it! I've lost 17.7lbs since I started the BLC in August and a total of 77.7lbs since 2015 (I'm 2.3lbs from my originally lost 80lb goal that I reached in 2016--yay!). I'm an Intermittent Faster 5/2 mostly and stick with 16/8 on the 5 days each week, and also practice fasted cardio most mornings, which I think has really helped me along these months here.

This group has really helped me stick with my plan, get new ideas, feedback, shares and hugs along the way--a really nice group of supportive people here! And we have a MOST awesome group leader--Ashley--she is fabulous!! Thanks Ashley @AB0215 :) !!

Please feel free to add me as an MFP friend! <3

@SLIMn2016 Awe, thanks Nancy! I really appreciate the nice thoughts! I think you've done an amazing job since you've been with us and I love all your comments and tips and such! Glad to see you back for November!!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sat, Nov 3
    Track: yes, over today :(
    Exercise: 30 min stationary bike, 5 min rowing machine, 60min walking on trail pushing a stroller
    Comments: I didn’t plan well today and ended up going over at dinner + my hubby and I are drinking champagne by the fire tonight, an annual tradition to commemorate buying our house 3 years ago. I requested no dessert though, so that’s a win for me. I’ll have to try hard not to splurge the rest of the week.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Nov. 3rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walked around the block
    Goals/Day/Comments: Pretty good day overall. I wasn't hungry but ended up eating a turkey burger for dinner. At that point I had only had about 600 calories so I needed more nutrition. I need to work on increasing my daily fiber.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: Gjaholy33
    Sat. NOVEMBER 3RD
    Track: YES
    Calories: YES AND UNDER
    Exercise: NO DOCTOR'S ORDERS
    Goals/Comments:
    So today haven't been a perfect day for me I cheated at Dinner time even though I managed to stay under my calories but determined tomorrow will be a better day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:yes, 90 mins weight training.
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday/11-3)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: no, study day
    Goals/Day/Comments: So I love Qdoba. I only eat one thing from them and that is the veggie 3 cheese nachos. Usually, me and my mom will split one of the entrees. I decided to try to do make it more healthy and filling without being so high in calories. I got the chips on the side. Had them put my guac, salsa, beans, rice and other stuff in the bowl. When I got home I added some tofu and mixed all the ingredients all together. I have some cilantro so I added a bunch of it too. I cut up a lot of lettuce and then split the nacho mixture up in 3 portions and then put that on top of the lettuce. I crushed a few tortilla chips and sprinkled them on top. So I kinda made a taco bowl. I calculated the calories to being 600 calories! I was able to enjoy my favorite dish in a way that it wasn't so calorie dense. Now I will have the third portion for dinner tomorrow!
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post- Saturday 3rd November
    Track- yes, within calories
    Exercise- walking
    Comments- tired.com- not had 5 mins at work to post my daily comments and now just home from my night shift and ready for some zzzzzzzz
  • sjtudor89
    sjtudor89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm SJ and this is my first time joining the group! Super excited to be able to chat to people who understand that it's difficult to lose weight (my husband is naturally slim) and get some advice. I'm hoping to lose 6lbs this month and definitely get moving more!
    Good luck to everyone here! 💗
  • nurse_1
    nurse_1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all!

5’1
    HW 166
    SW 151.6

I sprained my ankle in Feb. 2018 and gained some weight due to having to wear a cast and walking boot for what seemed like forever. I did physical therapy and have been able to get back to exercising again since Sept. I’ve been walking, hiking, kettlebells and on week 2 of C25K. I do CICO which seems to work for me. My goal is to lose 5 lb the month of Nov.
This discussion has been closed.