November 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 - Sorry to hear about the surgery. Praying that this is the last one!!

Goal for November - 150
    11/2 - 9 miles
    11/3 - 4 miles
    11/4 - 10 miles

23/150
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 - I hope this will be the last surgery and you recover well. You have accomplished so much. Life is a process of learning from our mistakes. You go girl.

@darkrider42 - Dave, thanks for covering for me yesterday.

Well I finished the marathon, but not without some adventure. I tripped and fell on my way to the start line. Somehow there immediately appeared on one side a nurse practitioner checking to see if I had done damage to my head or neck, and on the other side a doctor who specialized in brain trauma. What are the odds of that? The police were also there immediately and called an ambulance. The EMTs wanted to take me to the hospital but by then I was pretty sure I had done no real damage beyond a small cut on my head and scraped knees. So I refused further treatment and went on to run. Maybe I should have been more cautious and sat it out, but I think marathoners are too determined to overcome. Just another story of the amazing kindness of my fellow runners and the professionalism of our police and EMTs. So inspiring. In the end I had an awesome time running the greatest marathon in the world!

@k80flec - I met a lot of Brits during the day yesterday, as wells as French, Italians, Germans, Mexicans and on and on. It's a wonderful international experience. I hope your friends loved it as much as I did.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my mileage. I'm at 32/75
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 1.82 miles
    11/2 - 1.93 miles
    11/3 - 8.7 miles
    11/4 - 1.4 miles

13.85 / 75 miles

On Saturday, a friend and I walked a 10K which turned out to be more than a 10K! I don't know who did their measuring but it was about 1/2 mile longer than it should have been. We finished, close to last but we finished! Our time was 1 hour and 44 minutes so not to bad for a couple of walkers. We were proud of ourselves and had a great time. It was the first for both of us.

exercise.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    11/1-11/4 = 9.62

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    11/05
    31.51 miles
    125.88 miles MTD
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nov 4 2.56 miles

exercise.png

MTD 17.10

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @JTH11706 - it sound like a memorable experience and the bling looks outstanding. How on earth did you manage to trip :D
    @clp212 - 11k in 104 minutes is a pretty good pace, well done.

Is anyone else struggling with the app tonight??
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    2 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    clp212 wrote: »
    11/1 - 1.82 miles
    11/2 - 1.93 miles
    11/3 - 8.7 miles
    11/4 - 1.4 miles

13.85 / 75 miles

On Saturday, a friend and I walked a 10K which turned out to be more than a 10K! I don't know who did their measuring but it was about 1/2 mile longer than it should have been. We finished, close to last but we finished! Our time was 1 hour and 44 minutes so not to bad for a couple of walkers. We were proud of ourselves and had a great time. It was the first for both of us.

exercise.png
    That is awesome!! Way to go!!!

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Janet, so glad you are ok!! Must be a hard headed woman like a few of us on here! LOL

I got in 2 miles of slow walking. I'm back to having flu symptoms & feel like a truck ran me over!

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    Adding 4.51 miles

exercise.png

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Starting the month out with 23 miles out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 40 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 55 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 - Wow. That has to be discouraging. I can relate to the idea that some mistakes we make, we pay for the rest of our lives. You have my sympathies and my email if you need to vent. Healing can be as frustrating as the injury sometimes.

@Janet - I'm very glad you're OK. Those pre-race mishaps don't always go so well. I count myself lucky when it's only my pride that is wounded.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nov 5 4.05 miles

exercise.png

MTD 21.12
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Tough day today, grandchildren from 7:00 today, both of them from 9:30 to 3:30, then the youngest until 19:30 (one is 4 at the end of this month, the other in Feb). We’re exhausted. So my run tonight was somewhat carthartic.

My thoughts are with you all on the other side of the pond ... I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

exercise.png

4th: 0 miles - MTD
    5th: 0 miles - MTD
    6th: 3.14 miles - MTD12.61

Edited for a typo
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Sorry for the delay in updating for yesterday. Had a lot going on. Also got a call from my son last night that he's being medically discharged from Navy boot camp. :disappointed: He's crushed. He wanted it so much and was doing so well. I don't have any details because he could only talk for a couple of minutes.

Dave
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    11/06
    23.70 miles
    149.58 miles MTD
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... adding a few more miles!

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @vhuber: Yes...amen to know breast cancer.
    @Janet: oh my girl. I am so happy that you were okay. I am often more embarrassed than hurt when I have a fall. I probably would have run it too.I trained, I paid the money, I am here and by golly I am running it blood or no blood...lol.

You know what I like about this thread. No political commercials, phone calls, posts or messages. Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!

Nov.6: Adding 22 miles of walking , cycling and yes, a bit of running although at a turtle pace to test the knee. It is not giving out like it was before....miracles do happen. But the toe still smarts. I would never have been able to run my 10 miler on Sunday. It still is swollen.

TTD: 58 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.