TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• nomorewombat
    nomorewombat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined this group so should be quite motivating to be held accountable. Aussie guy with large numbers to lose, so hoping being 'down under' will assist gravity wise and make the scales read less!!
    Good luck to everyone on the team.
  • shannp
    shannp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    So just curious as I am in Australia, if the Weigh-ins close at 11:59 pm EST on Saturdays - what time will that be for me here?
    Just dont want to miss the deadline and let the team down :-)
  • simonpiles
    simonpiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    shannp wrote: »
    Hi All
    So just curious as I am in Australia, if the Weigh-ins close at 11:59 pm EST on Saturdays - what time will that be for me here?
    Just dont want to miss the deadline and let the team down :-)

FYI:

ACT is 16hrs Ahead of EST
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So, is our first weigh in the one that we already submitted? Or do we need to do another one by Dec 1st? My weigh in days are Mondays. So, that would put me past the Dec 1 deadline.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Rejoining this group. I started this year at 275. Lost about 25 lbs in the first six months. Joined this group in June and lost another 5 lbs. But Oct and Nov were tough on life and weight loss took a back seat. I left the group around 245. Was 249 a week ago. Last weigh-in was 253 after the holiday and vacation. Hoping some of that is bloated weight. Excited to get back on track with you all. Especially with the holiday season here.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Mike and this is month 4 of doing the challenge for me. I’m 6’4” and started my journey 7/25/18 at 309. I joined the September challenge at 290 and have been steadily losing. As of today I’m 256. I have 2 more days until my final weigh in with the November challenge so hopefully I’ll be starting the December challenge even lower :smile:

My long term goal is to get down to 225 then focus more on muscle and strength gains instead of fat loss.

I have 3 goals for the December challenge:
    1) make 249 pounds (because then I’ll have lost 60 pounds and according to one of the threads on here, that means I’ve lost an elephants penis! :smiley:
    2) make 246 pounds because then I’ll officially move down to the overweight BMI category.
    3) do some sort of sweat inducing activity every day.

I love the mini challenge. It keeps me engaged and accountable. Highly recommend doing it.

I look forward to seeing all your efforts and progress throughout the month!

Happy December everyone!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Rawrbyn wrote: »
    So, is our first weigh in the one that we already submitted? Or do we need to do another one by Dec 1st? My weigh in days are Mondays. So, that would put me past the Dec 1 deadline.

Hi, there. The December Challenge does not coincide with the calendar month. The four week Challenge runs from Sunday December 2nd to Saturday December 29th. Since your weigh-in day is Monday, your first weigh-in would be on Monday December 3rd.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to December and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am your captain for December. I have been with The Big Butt Theory for over a year now. I am 52, a Canadian living in Southern Ontario, married 27 years and have two grown sons. One is done school, living at home and working at the family business. The other is still in school, but completing his business degree in Germany.

Truthfully, I am really struggling right now. I just can't seem to stay at it consistently, You know what they say....consistency is key!! But, being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EDT, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great December, everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The December challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday December the 2nd, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, December the 2nd!!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

My name is Mike and this is month 4 of doing the challenge for me. I’m 6’4” and started my journey 7/25/18 at 309. I joined the September challenge at 290 and have been steadily losing. As of today I’m 256. I have 2 more days until my final weigh in with the November challenge so hopefully I’ll be starting the December challenge even lower :smile:

My long term goal is to get down to 225 then focus more on muscle and strength gains instead of fat loss.

I have 3 goals for the December challenge:
    1) make 249 pounds (because then I’ll have lost 60 pounds and according to one of the threads on here, that means I’ve lost an elephants penis! :smiley:
    2) make 246 pounds because then I’ll officially move down to the overweight BMI category.
    3) do some sort of sweat inducing activity every day.

I love the mini challenge. It keeps me engaged and accountable. Highly recommend doing it.

I look forward to seeing all your efforts and progress throughout the month!

Happy December everyone!

Wow this is inspiring! Just the kind of story I needed to read to help my personal motivation get back to where it was the first 8 months of the year.
    I agree, the mini challenge does keep engaged and accountable. Although it isn’t for everyone, it helps those that do use it as a tool.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    @erikNJ. Thanks! Just have to make the journey a priority in your life. I think so at least. Some people can rock out their old normal lives and lose weight. If I do my old normal life I end up being sedentary, depressed, emotional eating, bingeing, eating out, making bad food decisions “just this one time”. I’ve had to change almost everything up, but so worth it. My new normal is slowly coming into focus on the journey.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Stephanie, I am from Toronto, Canada and this will be my fourth round.

I started in this group in August and weighed in at around 171 ...now I am at 146 and continuing my downhill trend. This group has been amazing with helping me with stay accountable and moving forward. In October I saw my weight loss slow considerably, with a plateau here and plateau there and November was pretty much a wash, which means besides the first week...it hasn't been good eating and exercising wise, but although my weight has slowed down, I am a persistent individual and I will perserver.

One thing I have learned from being in this group is life will happen. You will have your ups and downs, your washs and whooooshs but as long as you take it one day at a time and find your way back to being on track you will not fail! It also doesn't hurt to have such an amazing, motivating moderator like @HASWLRS, she is absolutley fantastic and her encouraging feed back will always leave you feeling more confident.

With all that being said, let's go into December strong and mindful and kick it into high gear for the holidays!!

Here we gooooooooo! 🕺✊
  • erikNJ
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @erikNJ. Thanks! Just have to make the journey a priority in your life. I think so at least. Some people can rock out their old normal lives and lose weight. If I do my old normal life I end up being sedentary, depressed, emotional eating, bingeing, eating out, making bad food decisions “just this one time”. I’ve had to change almost everything up, but so worth it. My new normal is slowly coming into focus on the journey.

I couldn’t agree any more. When I was losing weight I told myself that eating healthy/working out was now a job. Just like I have a job to pay bills that I can’t give up on.
    That is the mentality I am reapplying today. I still have three days of vacation left. My wife wanted to go out to lunch. I went to the gym for an hour and a half instead.
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 23 year old grad student trying to distract myself from classes by focusing on weight loss.

Just kidding! Kind of....

Anyways, I'm about two months in and 17lbs down. I'm hoping to get down another 10lbs by New Years, but we'll see how that goes. I started around 195 and my goal is currently 135, but we'll see how it goes. I have no idea how I'll look and feel as I approach that weight, so I figure it may change. I've always done better with charts and challenges. I'm basically a child. Give me that star sticker and tell me I did good.

Hopefully everything goes well and we can all keep moving towards our goals!
  • AlainaS0721
    AlainaS0721 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’m Alaina and I am 19. I am from West Virginia and I am currently a college freshman. I started losing weight in January 2018 with a starting weight of 206 lbs. I got down to 193 lbs and then gained a few pounds back over the summer. I joined MFP with a starting weight of 201.0 lbs and now I currently weigh 198.0 (as of yesterday). My goal is to get around the 130-145 lb range. I am 5’4 and that’s about how much I am supposed to weigh according to BMI. I have a larger build so I’m leaning towards 140-145, but I will see when I get there. I might lose more afterwards. Anyways, I am always up for a good challenge :)
  • mikea2g
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 23 year old grad student trying to distract myself from classes by focusing on weight loss.

Just kidding! Kind of....

Anyways, I'm about two months in and 17lbs down. I'm hoping to get down another 10lbs by New Years, but we'll see how that goes. I started around 195 and my goal is currently 135, but we'll see how it goes. I have no idea how I'll look and feel as I approach that weight, so I figure it may change. I've always done better with charts and challenges. I'm basically a child. Give me that star sticker and tell me I did good.

Hopefully everything goes well and we can all keep moving towards our goals!

Gold star for showing up :)
    I feel the same way regarding goal weight. I’m basing my number on how I looked and felt when I was 21 at that weight. I’m pretty sure my body will look different than when I was 21 when I get there. But just imagining being that light, ooh la la!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Tami aka Murdog3t. 53 years young. I live in Napa California , I work full time as a supervisor registered nurse. I Was assaulted in July at my job so I am still recovering from that, moving better today than I have in months . I can finally move my neck without pain . I have been in the group for awhile now , not sure how many months....
    Started IF life style beginning of July before I was assaulted. Have lost about 16-18 lbs depending on the time of month.
    I want to loose another 7-10lbs depending on how I feel when I get down that low.
    Happy December
    Will post again soon 🏋️‍♀️🧘‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️🏊🏼‍♀️🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’m Alaina and I am 19. I am from West Virginia and I am currently a college freshman.

Hey, I'm in WV too!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Hi all. Rejoining this group. I started this year at 275. Lost about 25 lbs in the first six months. Joined this group in June and lost another 5 lbs. But Oct and Nov were tough on life and weight loss took a back seat. I left the group around 245. Was 249 a week ago. Last weigh-in was 253 after the holiday and vacation. Hoping some of that is bloated weight. Excited to get back on track with you all. Especially with the holiday season here.

Hey, Erik. What would you like to use as your starting weight for December? If you submit one today or tomorrow, then that can be your starting point. If not, it will be the transferred weight, which is 246.6. (I think from what you have said, that that might be a little low.)
  • ImjustBev2019
    ImjustBev2019 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Beverly and I’m from North Carolina. I am a mother of three amazing children. This will be my second month joining the challenge and I’ve lost 10lbs.

Goals:
    1. To make better food choices
    2. Exercise at least five days a week
    3. To be consistent in my weight loss Journey
    4. To lose between 15 and 20 pounds this month
This discussion has been closed.