@Grebber1
    @sabrina32576
    @Stimpy56

Post your weights in this format:
    Username:
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight:
    Current weight:

Don't forget to respond to the question of the week if you haven't already: what are three things that make your weight loss journey better/easier? A lot of Gutbusters have already responded, with a mix of process-oriented behaviors (like tracking on MFP) and gear (Fitbit, etc). What works for you?

And a couple weighers I want to be sure I haven't missed from earlier this week:

@24blfn
    @Edising
    @hooversgurl
    @charmainekotze
    @eevang

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    kkmark wrote: »
    Username:kkmark
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight: 165 lbs (this needs to be changed as gave what it was at dr's office 1 week before but once i checked at my home when i found my scale lo-behold gained weight by then :s )
    Current weight:164 lbs

@kkmark -- Coach @craigo3154 was able to change your starting weight on the spreadsheet (thanks!). Now that you've found the home scale, use it for all your weigh-ins if you can -- not so much because of this challenge, but just so you can better monitor your own progress.

There's a saying around here: same prize for last place as for first! :smile: Doesn't matter where we start, we're all trying to lose!

Thank you
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Anyway, my weight loss will tell over time whether I'm hitting the right deficit or not.

Don’t guess! Weigh everything!! Do you have a scale? It’s been a game changer in my life.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    December 6
    Exercised. No
    Calories. No
    Tracked Yes.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Name: grebber1
    Week: 1
    Previous weight: 306.6
    This week: 307.2
    Well. I guess I know my limits now. I got lucky last few weeks but this week got me.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight: 249.6
    Current weight: 246.0
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    dommylifts wrote: »

Anyway, my weight loss will tell over time whether I'm hitting the right deficit or not.

Don’t guess! Weigh everything!! Do you have a scale? It’s been a game changer in my life.

I do have a scale, and I weigh food at home as often as possible. For the enchiladas from scratch the other night, I weighed all the meat before adding it, for example, but I didn't measure out by the tablespoon how much oil I used to saute the onions and garlic, though. Then there are some times over the week where I eat at a salad bar, and I eyeball how much tuna I'm adding to my salad, or how much cream or milk I add to my coffee when I get coffee out. Those little bits add up, for sure, and at this point where I'm homing in on the last 20 pounds, I definitely need to get better about more precisely measuring those little bits.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I thought I was on gutbusters this month but I guess not. Please advise...
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling slightly discouraged with myself. I’ve been over calorie count nearly everyday. Today I’m using as my cheat day instead of Sunday. I ate out twice. I was fairly disciplined in the foods I chose and kept it as simple as possible but I still ate out. I am hoping this doesn’t affect my weight too badly for weigh in. Very disappointing.

I am still loving the journey and enjoying all that TBL challenge has to offer and I hope everyone else’s week has been head and tails above mine (eating wise).
  • Stimpy56
    Options
    @dommylifts - Just remember tomorrow is a New Day! Try again tomorrow and the next, and so on. Some days and weeks are harder than others. Stay positive and motivated! Good luck.
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    December 6th
    Exercise:- No...just tired...a rest day then! Back at it tomorrow.
    Calories:- 40 over
    Track:- Yes
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Really trying to stick with 3 meals per day. No more snacking. I find that derails me pretty fast, snacks add up way to quick.
  • Stimpy56
    Options
    December 6
    Exercised?: Yes (Elliptical and Treadmill)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to respond to the question of the week if you haven't already: what are three things that make your weight loss journey better/easier? A lot of Gutbusters have already responded, with a mix of process-oriented behaviors (like tracking on MFP) and gear (Fitbit, etc). What works for you?

1. Fitbit/MFP. I'm very numbers oriented and seeing a numerical representation of the effort I'm putting in really helps me feel like I'm actually doing something even if the scale isn't moving
    2. 9round. I have finally found an exercise I'm willing to get out of bed at 4:45 am for! Enjoying the workouts make it much more likely that I actually go to the workouts
    3. Co-workers. My job has this "health group" where we all meet Friday mornings and share tips - it's great! Our boss even bought us a scale. One member in it always runs after work and I feel like if she's doing it, I need to as well and I've been much more accountable with my running - got down to a 9 min/mile for my last 5k!
  • aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Username: aknroberts
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight: 235
    Current weight: 233.2
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    December 6
    Exercised?: No (Rest)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    December 7
    Exercised Yes
    Calories. No
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Gutbusters! Our Friday weighers are up for their Dec Week 1 weigh-ins:

@cjscoey
    @Daloverlyme
    @etusk16
    @fe452436
    @Rocknut53
    @TomatoeLady

Please use this format when you post:
    Username:
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight:
    Current weight:
This discussion has been closed.