• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,307 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Adding 7.93 miles. Doc has released me to start walking again. She said 30 mins or 1/2 miles...she's not a walker... :o ...DH and I did 2.24 miles yesterday in 45 mins...not walking fast at all. We'll build it back up to our 5+ miles slowly so my foot stays happy.

exercise.png

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chris
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    12/08 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 170.0 miles

exercise.png

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... off to a good start ..

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,362 Member
    Options
    @cpanus: Glad to hear you are starting back at it. Your doctor’s comment is sooooo funny. How did you keep from laughing. Is it possible to go that slow?
    @Dean: My Noxgear is fabulous. And yes, people have told me that I am seen far off. I have drivers who stop and thank me for wearing it. It was worth the money. In all my running, I have yet to see another person in my area wearing one. I have lit wrist bands, ankle bands and of course two fabulous Black Diamond headlamps of which runners have literally caught up to me and asked about where I purchased them, but not my Noxgear.
    @Dave: My husband is having sinus issues and his jaw has swelling as well as his ear. He could not get his hearing aid in. I told him that he needs to go see the doc or urgent care because of his health issues. He has been putting heat packs on, trying to get it to drain. I thought I was getting a sore throat but I upped my airborne and hot green tea, honey, lemon and ginger, along with some Coldeeze and it went away over night.

My hubby and I had shared ortho appointments yesterday. He has 8 more weeks of PT as his shoulder capsule is building scar tissue and limiting his range of motion. My MRI confirmed a lateral meniscus tear but the injection has stopped the catching for now. The arthritis is causing the problem. He and I agreed to no surgery for now. I could do the Visco supplements but I am going to go full blown homeopathic, strict diet and strength training. I think the lack of running has made my knee worse. I am going to rehab my knee on my own with swimming, cycling, and weights again. It can’t hurt. I will be heading for knee replacement if all else fails so I say go for it. Thinking positive.
    Dec. 7 and 8: Adding 21 miles. I walked 5 yesterday and 6 today. Also did lots of stairs which was 3 over my Garmin goal. I did 10 on my x bike.
    TTD: 82 miles

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

1st: 4 miles purposeful walking - MTD 4
    2nd: 10.13 miles running- MTD 14.13
    3rd: 2 miles - MTD 16.13
    4th: 0 miles - MTD
    5th: 4 miles - MTD 20.13
    6th: 5 miles, 2.89 m running, 2.11 m purposeful walking - MTD 25.13
    7th: 3.5 miles - MTD 28.63
    8th: 8.23 miles, 2.23 m running, 6 m purposeful walking - MTD 36.8

@cpanus - 1/2 miles in 30 mins :D:D
    @clepant - sounds like a good plan for restrengthening your knee. I remember you mentioning Noxgear before and looking it up - it looked awesome.
    @anaconda469 - excellent news about your jaw .... yes to the cookies

I travelled to Sheffield on Wednesday midday to do the Christmas present run. The drive there was weird - it was as though the sun hadn’t quite risen - like driving at dusk. It’s a 2 hour drive, 100 miles. The journey home on Friday took over 4 hours ... the first 2 of the 4 motorways were carparks due to cars setting on fire!! Pleased that I managed to get purposeful miles in - I’ve found a two level shopping centre, each level is half a mile long, a 2 mile circuit B)B)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    @k80flec - Cars on fire? I thought you were in England, not France. Why were cars on fire? That's scary.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @clepant - Sorry to hear about the knee. I think the swimming and cycling are a good plan to strengthen the knee support. If it does come to surgery, we have a client that just had both knees replaced. She has been on walkers and canes for several years. Now she is getting around unassisted. Her daughter is having a hard time keeping up with her. She is a real spitfire now. She used to get exhausted just coming to the vet. Last time she was here, she went home and repainted one of the rooms and took the dog for a walk. When done correctly, the knee surgery can be a beautiful thing. I'm with you though. If I could avoid surgery, I would.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @cpanus - 30 minutes for 1/2 mile???? You could do it faster with a walker. Glad you're able to get back to walking. Hopefully that continues to go well.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @dave - How's the cold coming along? Hope it's finally subsiding.

@Janet - I agree. I passed a cyclist with no lights on Thursday. I almost stopped and handed them a couple of mine. They were really hard to see.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    12/08
    16.36 miles
    ————
    12/09
    16.25 miles
    188.62 miles MTD
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Too busy having fun on my vacation to comment! Be well.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 , Congratulations on the (((7))) years of sober living!! That is soooo awesome!! and glad to hear you get the wires removed from your jaw. When my brother broke his jaw in a logging accident he was wired for much longer than you so that is going to be a great relief for ya!! Enjoy those cookies!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Here is my update. From walking outside, on the treadmill & a few from the ex bike!

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @k80flec - Cars on fire? I thought you were in England, not France. Why were cars on fire? That's scary.

Electrical faults, petrol leaking onto a hot engine .... two, fifty miles apart is very unusual.
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    December 1 - 12 km trail run
    December 2 - 5 km club run
    December 3 - rest day
    December 4 - 23 km run
    December 5 - 14 km run
    December 8 - 12 km run
    December 10 - 12 km run

Total distance 78 km to be completed 300 km.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ anaconda Seven years is fantastic! Keep it up. ☺
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    No miles to report since we're in the middle of snow and I've been snowbound the past two days (with a new kitten, eek!) but wanted to say Congrats to @anaconda469 . That's so incredible and we're all proud of you. :heart:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 35 miles dark so early now have to be careful when out
This discussion has been closed.