TEAM: Flab-U-Less (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I'm so excited to start the new year with everyone. My name is Lauren and I have been working on my health for literally 10 years (since I was 11 - isn't that something?). I've always been athletic but never ate well or took much care of myself otherwise. Last January I started to get in shape again and have lost 20some pounds since then. My goal for 2019 is to end it at somewhere around 135-145 pounds and to feel good about myself! Putting on muscle is also important so I'm not as focused on the weight so much as the health aspect.

CW: 180ish (Afraid to look right now LOL...Christmas getting to me)
    Goal weight for End of January: 169
    Week 1:
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Rhonda. This may sound completely nerdy or even crazy, but ever since God started dealing with my heart a year ago, I've been on a journey to discipline, as I call it. (Truth be told, God has been dealing with me about my weight for years, I just haven't stayed consistent and seen things all the way through.) Three areas I'm working on simultaneously are my weight, my finances, and my time management. I'm doing MFP and exercising to address my weight. (I even registered for Run the Year 2019!) I'm following Dave Ramsey's baby steps to financial Peace. I must admit that this total process has been amazing and life changing for me! I'm still working on the time management piece. I know I can be way more productive with my time than I am. Just like He did with the other two areas, I'm confident God will give me a plan for this area too.

So I'm looking forward to 2019, a year of new beginnings and new victories. Thanks for joining me on my journey.

P.S. My weigh-in days are Mondays. So my first one for January will be 12/31/18.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    *diary...not dairy* :# It won't let me edit anymore.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Rhonda. This may sound completely nerdy or even crazy, but ever since God started dealing with my heart a year ago, I've been on a journey to discipline, as I call it. (Truth be told, God has been dealing with me about my weight for years, I just haven't stayed consistent and seen things all the way through.) Three areas I'm working on simultaneously are my weight, my finances, and my time management. I'm doing MFP and exercising to address my weight. (I even registered for Run the Year 2019!) I'm following Dave Ramsey's baby steps to financial Peace. I must admit that this total process has been amazing and life changing for me! I'm still working on the time management piece. I know I can be way more productive with my time than I am. Just like He did with the other two areas, I'm confident God will give me a plan for this area too.

So I'm looking forward to 2019, a year of new beginnings and new victories. Thanks for joining me on my journey.

P.S. My weigh-in days are Mondays. So my first one for January will be 12/31/18.

Welcome Rhonda! You have great goals for the upcoming year and MFP and Dave Ramsey are both excellent tools to help you along. Glad to have you with us.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Sue. I'm 58, work full-time, love to quilt, paper craft and bicycle (during warmer months). I became a grandma for the first time 3 months ago and I am excited beyond words about that!! I've used MFP on and off for about 5 years and just stumbled upon the monthly challenges in December. While I did eat my share of cookies and Hershey's kisses during December, knowing that I had to post daily and weigh-in weekly definitely helped me not over-indulge. One of my goals for several years running has been to get below 150, I come close but just can't seem to make it. I'm hoping this is the year. Happy New Year to you all and good luck with whatever your goals for 2019 may be.

CW: 153.7
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Week 1:
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So excited to be continuing this for another month. Now that the stress of the holidays and moving during Christmas is over I am back full force.
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Elena. I'm 36, live in England, work full time. I've been on MFP for couple of years now and never been constant. I was loosing and gaining again until Feb this year. I've gained 22 lbs since February and can't loose it. I've got very stressful and not active job and I know my problem is I'm eating more than burning. Also I do gym 4 times a week but still can't loose anything. I'm looking forward to that challenge, hopefully I will build a healthy lifestyle habits.

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year 😊
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi Team.
    Continuing on for another month. December was a wash but every month before was good so I am anticipating a better January! Looking forward to continuing the journey with my fellow teammates. Let's kick some Biggest Loser a**! It is time for us to be #1
  • laureneh01
    laureneh01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I’m Lauren, I am a college student looking for a fun way to lose weight. I’m super busy and a group motivating each other is a good way for me to get fit! Can’t wait for us to be #1
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hi and a warm welcome for Elena, Lauren, and Rhonda! I'm looking forward to another awesome month in Jan. ! We have the best team of veterans here too to help out with any questions anyone might have. It's gonna be Flab-U-Less! (sorry, couldn't resist) :p
  • landryferguson
    landryferguson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Landry. I'm a college student and I've been trying to lose weight on and off for a few years. I've lost 15 pounds since July and I'm really happy with that progress but I'm hoping that having some accountability will help me to not lose my motivation.
  • catgray78
    catgray78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m Catherine and had a baby this month. I’m lucky in that I lost weight during my pregnancy but still have 2 stone to go to get back to pre first child weight
    Look forward to getting back into tracking and staying motivated!!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am really keen to enter and STAY in ONEderland in 2019, so January is always a month of fresh starts and I am hoping to see that 1xx.x or to at least develop the habits I will need to have a successful 2019.

username: eminater
    WI day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 205.4 lbs (23rd Dec)

Week 1: 203.4 lbs (30th Dec)
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hi again everyone! So....tomorrow officially kicks off our January Challenge! If your weigh day is on Sunday or Monday, your 1st weigh in will be on Dec. 30 and Dec 31st...sorry for the confusion on this (it keeps thing equal). This month's challenge runs from Dec. 30th to Feb. 3rd.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • mram3582
    Options
    @laureneh01 & @landryferguson Wow! You guys have the exact same goal! Welcome! This is the place for motivation and accountability!
    @catgray78 Woot! Congrats on having a baby AND getting back in the swing of things in the same month!
    @eminater You're SO close to Onederland! It is going to happen this month...probably in the next week!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Welcome! We're live! Our first challengers of the month are:
    @eminater (got it thanks!)
    @Honey5
    @WA_Teacher
    @laureneh01
    @mindylo37
    @landryferguson

I hope everyone is off to a great start! Good day all!
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you Melinda, very excited about the next month 🤗
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Honey5 wrote: »
    Weekly Check-In

CW: 154.2
    PW: 153.4
    SW: 154.2

Oh well, at least I didn't gain. Especially since this was a rough month with all of the temptations. I am better prepared this week with healthy snacks.

Technically this is the 1st week of January, so it should go here.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    January Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 210.4
    Current Weight: 213

After spending 2 weeks in the south and enjoying all of my southern favorites plus a family fish fry and BBQ, I'm thrilled the gain is only 3 pounds!🤓
This discussion has been closed.