Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Jan110144
    Weigh In Day - Monday
    PW - 140.9
    CW- 139

Way to go!!! You did awesome!! You are in the elusive under-140-club! I haven't seen those numbers since high school ....

Me neither!! :smile:
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    @sue_01 - Your journey has been incredible and your strength is truly inspirational.
    I'm so glad your treatments have been successful. :):):)
  • jan110144
    sue_01 wrote: »
    sue_01
    Weigh In Day- Friday
    PW-
    CW-

Last year was a very tough year for me and my family. I battled with a spur of the moment brain tumour. I went on a Monday in March down to the hospital and by Thursday I had surgery. The surgeon removed a 5 cm tumour. I had plans to go to California but had to cancel and spent the summer with Radiation Treatments (the tumour was called hemangiopericytoma).
    For several months, It affected me that I could not bend down, cough and my taste for foods. The hard part was the steroids. My sleep and eating patterns were very much affected, yet I continued to log my food. At my appointment in November I was told to indulge over the holidays and go for a vacation as there is only a 5 -10% chance the tumour will ever come back.
    I have to go every six months for an MRI for 3X and then once a year. I was lucky I was eating healthy, and down to my goal weight prior to this happening.. My goal is to get back to healthy eating and exercise. ( to fit back into my old clothes) I was very fortunate and thankful to my husband. Ready to start 2019...

Wonderful news! Wishing you the best for 2018. With all you have been through, I full confidence you will be back to healthy eating, exercise and fitting into your old clothes before you know it!
  • gabi_texanmom
    Alright guys and gals, when I first joined, we did daily check-ins where we summarized our previous day and talked about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let's bring it back!
    Share what contributed to your weight loss journey.

Daily check in for: Sunday
    Logged: No - but I didn't indulge. I am so bad at logging. I've promised myself that if I log everyday for 14 days, I will treat myself to a new pair of boots.
    Water: Only 50oz
    Exercise & Steps: 11318 steps. And I helped my mom make tamales all day! My shoulders and arms are weak from kneading 50lbs of dough. What a workout.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Calling today the beginning of 2019 and going for my first high-intensity interval training class.. I’m a bit of a little old lady in it, but I can still burn about 450 to 500 cal per hour in one of those. Happy New Year everyone!
  • gabi_texanmom
    Calling today the beginning of 2019 and going for my first high-intensity interval training class.. I’m a bit of a little old lady in it, but I can still burn about 450 to 500 cal per hour in one of those. Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year to you! That sounds so exciting - let us know how the class went.

I can't wait to start my HIT class next week! I really wanted to start this week, but my coworker is on vacation again - realistically there is no way I can make the AM class or lunch class, and I'll never be available for the after-work class now that I have no babysitter.

That's ok - it gives me another week to 'prep' for it. I'm always nervous that I will be the biggest or slowest one. I will use that nervous energy as fuel to keep going!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Not sure what format is required for this group's thread, so I'll just use what I use on another thread...

Username: evangsimmons170
    Week: January Week 1 Monday
    PW = 347.2 (Dec 29)
    CW = 347.4 (Dec 31)

January's goal weight is 337.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member

Happy New Year to you! That sounds so exciting - let us know how the class went.

I can't wait to start my HIT class next week! I really wanted to start this week, but my coworker is on vacation again - realistically there is no way I can make the AM class or lunch class, and I'll never be available for the after-work class now that I have no babysitter.

That's ok - it gives me another week to 'prep' for it. I'm always nervous that I will be the biggest or slowest one. I will use that nervous energy as fuel to keep going!

HIT is a lot of fun I find.. I’m pretty much at the lowest end.. what I realized is that people there really are pretty focused in their own thing, so my relative inability no longer bugs me.. I feel great for 2 days after I do it. Wish the same for you..
  • jan110144
    @gabi_texanmom I really like daily check-ins. A "one day at a time" is always more effective for me than one week at a time.

Last night was the last holiday celebration for me (staying home with a good book for New Year's Eve). Came through unscathed, so the next 12 days should be smooth sailing for me.

Started today off with 20 minutes on the rowing machine and an hour doing pool exercises. Will ride my horse this afternoon. Meals planned for the day, so expect a good day.

Happy New Year team. I hope you are embarking on a great 2019!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member

Checking in on you, Greg. How are you doing?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Greg aka @Navydaddjtc here ....
    YOU HAD BEST
    m6appy9jptoz.png

Not fearing the goat here. ... I married a Navy Drill Instructor ....

I am sooooooo close to being a Normal BMI for my height - only 2 pounds to go, so aiming for "Normal before (Chinese) New Year". (Feb 5th - Year of the Pig ... warming up those wing muscles and preparing to SOAR through 2019! )

After that, it will be a question of fine tuning where I want my Maintenance Zone to be (absolute top potential range would be135-139 lbs, but may end up with 135 lbs as either the middle or the top end ... being 60 yrs old, I doubt I will aim as low as the charted dead-centre of Normal Zone for my height (BMI = 22), which would be 124 lbs.

Once I find my zone, I will be working though the mind-set conversion and learning curve to deal with HAVING to eat more daily calories than I have been for the last 19 months it took to get this far. But smart calories .... by letting MFP continue to divvy up the macro distribution and keeping to the greens.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Welcome to WaistAways Teri...

Team, Teri has been a captain with us here in the challenge since the very beginning. When I first joined this group, Teri was my very first captain... You guys are very lucky to have her with you, she is an awesome teammate, friend and motivator. I am sure you guys are going to have a great month this month...

Steve
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Hey guys! I’m glad to be back on the team. Normally im pretty active on here but the the holidays it definitely has made it a challenge.

Looking forward to the New year! My goals are small as I do not like to fail! I like manageable goals.

1) be positive. I tend to put myself down a lot. Almost daily! So this will be #1

2) make myself a priority! Workouts and eating healthy are important to me and I need to learn to fit this in a lot better and not to let little things get in the way!

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Alright guys and gals, when I first joined, we did daily check-ins where we summarized our previous day and talked about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let's bring it back!
    Share what contributed to your weight loss journey.

Daily check in for: Sunday
    Logged: Yes
    Water: 72 oz (complete goal)
    Exercise & Steps: 4881steps by jogging on my mini-trampoline while playing my Wii exergame. Steps logged on January Step Challenge Thread.

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 286.2
    CW: 286.4
  • asheetagupte7272
    asheetagupte7272 Posts: 14 Member
    I WAS JUST NOTIFIED MINUTES BY MY MOM THAT MY OLDER HAS TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORST. THE SPREAD SHEET TALLIES MAY NOT GET DONE TILL MID WEEK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL COME FIRST. I WILL GET TO THEM ASAP.
    GREG

Praying for you and your family to have strength in this difficult time. I hope the new Year renews the strength to fight in all of you!
This discussion has been closed.