TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    I started this year at 228.8 and wanted to get down to 150 by the end of the year. Although I didn’t reach my goal I’m proud of myself for losing 59.8.

@IanMoone30 You did great, and you SHOULD be proud of yourself, that's quite an accomplishment.
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    @AB0215 is it possible for me to get on the January challenge? My start weight is 183.0 and want to weigh in on Friday. Do I have to post this elsewhere?

@ssssanaaaa I added you back.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    And Happy Birthday @CindyJNC1963

Weigh ins for today:
    @acabine
    @Catvlmack (got yours)
    @kearyandjessy
    @losing_it_2013

Weigh ins missing from Monday and Sunday:
    @clairetomkinson84
    @gjaholy33
    @Laraburkhalter
    @liannexx
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year All!

Daily post: Dec 31st
    Tracking: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: I got out shopping with my boys.

I’ve been experiencing vertigo symptoms over the last week and haven’t done much of anything so getting out shopping was an accomplishment for me. I found after going out I wasn’t worse off for doing it so hoping that’s the same on the bike and treadmill.

Question of the week: I don’t usually make resolutions. But I suppose I should. I’ve let my best friend down over the last year. I was supposed to join him in his weight loss journey and I didn’t. He succeeded and I watched. He failed and I watched. I feel really bad for it. After a 40 lb weight gain he’s back on it and succeeding!! I have a lot of ground to cover to catch up but I want to be there with him celebrating success!! So there’s nothing more to it than I just have to do it!!! Here’s to a good year for everyone!!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins weight training.

Comments: Today is day one of my restart. I am challenging myself to stick to my goals, no matter how hard and not make excuses, so I went to the gym, even though I didn't want to.

And on a side note, I am quite upset right now. I work pretty hard at keeping this challenge running each month, and someone just said something reaaaaally upsetting to me, and I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is. Basically this person said that it's too complicated to register (and if she had even tried, I would have helped her) and secondly she said that we're offensive, basically making fun of fat people....something I would NEVER do! I mean I'm a fat person myself! I completely understand what it's like to be overweight and have health issues... I just don't understand any of it and I'm trying to shake it off but I can't. I know you can't make everyone happy, but this one is cutting deep because I just don't see it, maybe if I come back to it later, I can see her side, but right now, I just can't. I'm not that person, I help everyone, I go out of my way to help everyone, even if I lose sleep to do it, and I would never ever make fun of anyone who's trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, it's what I strive for and what I want for each and every one of you, and believe we can get there if we try! So to have someone say that really upset me and she didn't technically say it directed at me, but I'm the primary moderator of this group and I took offense and maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. Sorry, just a rant. I'm going to get past it, and right now I'm going to try and take a nice hot shower to see if that helps!

That’s sad that someone would ever say that !! I may be new but I can definitely see all the hardwork you put into this group! I appreciate all the stuff you do for this group. For the longest time I’ve looked for a group like this cuz challenges in the past worked amazing with me cuz it makes me feel like I’m not alone. But every time someone does a challenge group they would do it for a month and disappear. I like that this one continues on !! Motivates you to keep on going! I’m excited to be a returning member this year (: don’t let negative people ruin this for you. Cuz from what I can tell you are an amazing person who really cares about people !
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, eliptical and cleaning before the new year!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Question of the week was what are our goals.
    Well, every New Years I make a resolution to lose weight. Last year lost 12 pounds. Not too happy with that as I think I could of done much better. I also made a conscience effort to really learn to love me. Which proud to say, I am accomplishing. With all that being said, my goals are to continue to love me, keep up my exercise routine, eat healthier and then hopefully I’ll lose some weight along with all these. Trying to focus on being healthier (not just physically but mentally) and not just focus on the amount of weight I want to lose (although it’s always right there in the back of my mind).

So I started off this New Year’s Day with a run. Was tough only did 3 Miles BUT I was out there.
    Anyway, long enough post. Wishing everyone had a happy healthy wealthy New Years
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Well, every New Years I make a resolution to lose weight. Last year lost 12 pounds. Not too happy with that as I think I could of done much better. I also made a conscience effort to really learn to love me. Which proud to say, I am accomplishing. With all that being said, my goals are to continue to love me, keep up my exercise routine, eat healthier and then hopefully I’ll lose some weight along with all these. Trying to focus on being healthier (not just physically but mentally) and not just focus on the amount of weight I want to lose (although it’s always right there in the back of my mind).

So I started off this New Year’s Day with a run. Was tough only did 3 Miles BUT I was out there.
    Anyway, long enough post. Wishing everyone had a happy healthy wealthy New Years

@vicky2767 Maybe you could have done better, but maybe instead of looking at it that way, you think of it as that's 12 less pounds to carry around!
    Great start to the new year, I'll be heading out to the gym soon myself.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week: What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I don't make New Year's resolutions exactly, but I do make some individual or family goals for the year.

One main goal is to continue to eat in/cook more to help encourage a healthier lifestyle.

Happy New Year MFP Fam!🎉🎊🎇

at7sq5udbm1s.jpg
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Username: Losing_it_2013
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 189.0
    CW= 189.8
    Difference: +0.8
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    This weeks Question of the Week is What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I'm not a resolutions person--- probably because I spent a good part of my life breaking promises to myself hopeful that I would achieve unrealistic resolutions each year.

My goals are from month to month--so January's health goals:

~ Lose 3 lbs.
    ~ Tone up my core more
    ~ Keep current workout schedule
    ~ Food diary flexibility and less processed protein bars
    ~ Rest days and stretching

Daily post: Tuesday, January 1st

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, walking

Comments: Super sore from tabata spin yesterday and Sunday's body pump class (I increased my chest & back weights and feel like I broke my ribs! :s:D )--- so just walked today since it's unseasonably warm in the 50's!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! <3
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    A new years baby! My sister is one too. I was almost a Valentines baby (Feb 15) and my bother almost a Christmas baby (Dec 28), guess my parents had a theme lol.

I think it's great that you've enlisted the help of professionals, I, personally, am not a fan of doctors and dietitians because they aren't required in any way to keep up with medical research and changes in recommendations. **One note here, not all of them are bad, there are a lot of them who really want to help their clients and keep up with research and new ideas and ways of thinking, but my experience to date hasn't been positive** Trainers though, they are most invested in your success because it's directly linked to their success....and I am 100% crediting most of my success to my trainers...my first one taught me about keto and how what I eat directly affects my performance, how I feel and ultimately how I look...which really totally changed everything for me, I started losing weight so much easier and started performing so much better in the gym. The saying "You are what you eat" is 100% accurate, if you eat crap, you will feel like crap, if you eat healthy, you will feel and look better.

My best advice on achieving your fitness goals is track them too. Get (or make) a journal (or spreadsheet--that's what I use) and make sure you're increasing your time or distance weekly or bi-weekly and you'll be surprised at how quickly your body adapts and you reach those goals. Increase time incrementally, small additions, 1-5 minutes at a time and distance in the same way. Great job so far, you'll be running around with your neighbors in no time!

Ha ha....my Dad's birthday is on Thanksgiving every 7 years and my cousin was born Christmas week. We are a holiday family too.

The clinic I go to is great. They definitely keep up with all of the research. This is their specialty. My doctor actually was overweight in the past and still tracks her food here daily. She's the one who got me here. I haven't had much luck with trainers in the past.

Yes, I plan to make a list of resistance exercises to do 3 times a week. I love data and spreadsheets so I will probably set one up.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but I like to "bet" on myself and win while I'm losing, helps with added incentive and it's individual based (or you can do team challenges if you want).
    I've already won twice and it's pretty motivating! You can use a smart phone and a friend (or mirror) to create a video to verify your weight, or you can use a healthcare professional (personal trainer, doctor, etc) and a form if you prefer, and I've done it both ways at this point.

If you're interested, you can get an additional $40 added to your winnings if you use my referral link by January 5.
    https://hwage.co/60204/

I just joined.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Question of the Week: What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I usually make vague resolutions like lose weight or be healthier. This year I want to get my mental and physical health in check. I made steps already towards working on my mental health, and I’m trying with my physical health.

More specific goals for the year - Lose a minimum of 25lbs to be able to run a 10 mile race at the end of April (Just over a pound a week) and lose 50lbs total for the year.

In January, I want to be able to run 3 miles by the end of the month. And have my 1 mile time be fast enough to have MFP consider it running rather quickly walking.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    liannexx wrote: »
    Username liannexx
    PW 224.6
    CW 237.8!!!!

Massive gain over the last few weeks, sorry I’ve not been around!
    Not a great Christmas or New Year as my grandma passed just before Christmas and I turned to food as I always do!
    Need to stop feeling sorry for myself and be the best me xx
    Onwards and downwards xx
    Condolences for your loss
    vicky2767 wrote: »

@vicky2767 Maybe you could have done better, but maybe instead of looking at it that way, you think of it as that's 12 less pounds to carry around!
    Great start to the new year, I'll be heading out to the gym soon myself.

Thanks
  • vicky2767
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!! We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

I’m having such a bad day... thanks for listening.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. One thing my sister had told me once when I was being particularly hard on myself was this:
    Talk to myself as if I was talking to my friend. I would never be so hard or judgmental towards someone else so stop being so hard on myself.
    And that really struck with me. Learn to be kind to yourself. We all slip.
This discussion has been closed.