TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Holidays are over, folks. Let's earn our showers and eat with our minds fully engaged - and check in! It's always great to hear from ALL the team members.

Weigh-ins due today:

@AmyHammons1
    @karenesg
    @kkmark
    @nicole3921
    @offitgoes
    @Raven9145

Unless I missed them (always possible - I do have too much air in my head sometimes) I also need:

@evangsimmons170
    @MoStacy
    @iluvnufoods
    @orngnerdz

So just post your username, previous weight, and current weight. If you don't remember the previous, don't worry - it is already in the spreadsheet from sign up or last month (thanks, moderators!). Put it here in the discussion thread, and I'll answer with POSTED as soon as I add it to the spreadsheet.

Ma'am I've posted my weight twice now. Please scroll back through the posts. I posted the first time on December 31 since Mondays are my weigh-in days. I posted again yesterday at your request. Thanks.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ma'am I've posted my weight twice now. Please scroll back through the posts. I posted the first time on December 31 since Mondays are my weigh-in days. I posted again yesterday at your request. Thanks.

SO SORRY!!!! I'll find it, I will. Yikes. Extra hugs flying your way...

OK - got it, and put it in. Up to date!

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Good Morning Team WaistAways...

I have added a new team member to your team roster, please take a minute to welcome @Inspire2019 to the team and be sure to introduce yourselves...

@Inspire2019, You can post your introduction to the team on this team thread and are good to go, welcome to the challenge!

Steve

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    @Inspire2019 What a perfect name for this new year! Welcome to Team WaistAways. Tell us a bit about yourself, and ask any questions you might have. We're getting going!!
  • steplaj
    @Claucescu
    @jennykriz
    @theressa7

Good Morning

Can we please get your weigh-in day to update the spreadsheet...

Thank You!

Steve

cc: @jugar

• gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    GettingFitTash
    Week 1 weigh in
    SW: 198.4
    Monday will be my weigh day 😁

Greetings @GettingFitTash ! I do not see you on our spreadsheet, so I'll get after our awesome moderators to see if we can fix that. Then you'll be rolling with the Monday crowd. They are a great bunch.

Wooooo Monday crowd!!!!
  • gabi_texanmom
    ltfitz89 wrote: »
    Happy New Year All! I am so glad to be part of this group. This is going to be a struggle for me but I am ready to see progress and feel better about myself. Today I am on taking advantage of our 70+ degree weather and walking for at least 30 minutes.

6 months until my 5 year wedding anniversary & 10 months until I turn 30. I want to see some change before those 2 events and I am ready to kick butt!

Living in the south means running the A/C during the winter! :D We had almost 80 degree weather around Christmas, then it got down to the 50s over New Years... we were wearing flip flops and knit-caps/scarves in the same week!

Any special plans for your anniversary?
  • gabi_texanmom
    edited January 2019
    cccallahan wrote: »
    Username: cccallahan
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 291 lbs.
    Todays Weight: 286.6 lbs
    73r37dnoy5tp.jpg

Way to go - that's amazing!!

• gabi_texanmom
    Just digesting what to do for posting my weight. I weigh in and posts on Sunday. Is week 1 Sunday this Sunday coming up Jan 6? Thanks very much.

Good Morning! Week 1 was Sun 12/30 - Sat 1/5. Week 2 begins Sun 1/6.

I believe the captains/moderators prefer a format similar to this - makes our weights easier to find:

Username: ____FabYou_________
    Weigh in week: ___Jan Week __1__
    Weigh in day: ____Mon____
    Previous Weight: ______lbs___ (last wk's weight or starting weight)
    Todays Weight: ____lbs____
  • steplaj
    ltfitz89 wrote: »
    Happy New Year All! I am so glad to be part of this group. This is going to be a struggle for me but I am ready to see progress and feel better about myself. Today I am on taking advantage of our 70+ degree weather and walking for at least 30 minutes.

6 months until my 5 year wedding anniversary & 10 months until I turn 30. I want to see some change before those 2 events and I am ready to kick butt!

Living in the south means running the A/C during the winter! :D We had almost 80 degree weather around Christmas, then it got down to the 50s over New Years... we were wearing flip flops and knit-caps/scarves in the same week!

Any special plans for your anniversary?

I want to move there, 50's, that's shorts and T-Shirt weather.

• gabi_texanmom
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: No
    Water: 67.6 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 10024 steps - I was 200 steps short of my daily goal, so I just walked around my bedroom until I hit 10000 and hit the hay!

Yesterday was my only day off from working in the last 4 weeks (weekends included), and I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I stopped moving. Then I almost COULDN'T move...I splurged and binged Netflix and ordered take out. Even my family let me relax - probably not the best way to kick off a New Year, but I really needed a break. I feel FANTASTIC today - my batteries are recharged and I am so ready to get back to it!!!

Today will be gym after work and working my way back to 100oz of water.
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Nicole3921
    Week 1
    Wednesday
    Previous weight: 170
    Current weight: 171

😭 getting back at it!
  • gabi_texanmom
    iq8wtpjy3197.jpg
  • gabi_texanmom
    2w2arztscm0c.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited January 2019
    I am just gonna put this out here.

As a personal growth challenge to myself, I would like to offer an MFP PM "pen-pal" 5 week mentorship contract opportunity to anyone who:
    • is new to MFP and would like to receive some specific pointers on aspects of the site you find confusing (like maybe .... the finer points of how to log a home-made stew / what macro numbers MEAN / how to search the message boards etc. or
    • would like some direct accountability check-in on some personal specific S.M.A.R.T. 5 wk target goal. Some marker you WANT to reach by (Chinese) New Year's on Feb 5.

This won't be a "Daily Friend Notice on your board" , both because I am just not good at that kind of thing (generational issue, most likely. I am 60 and don't own a personal cell) and because I want to be able to offer you MORE than that. And receive more than that from you, as well.

The S.M.A.R.T goal mentoring would be about learning / practicing a process that can then be applied to any kind of quantifiable future goals you may have. This first goal we will work through together doesn't HAVE to be related to either calories in or exercise target.

It could even be something like "declutter my desk" or "see the bottom of my mending pile". If whatever-it-is takes you less than 5 weeks, we'll develop a new quanifiable-target goal statement so that you can get rolling on something else.

It COULD be MFP-related, like working on identifying your specific roadblock in food choices, situational (food) strategies, or exercise scheduling .... and articulating / practicing alternatives that fit your reality.

Your choice.

You would also get to bug me BACK about meeting my own S.M.A.R.T personal goal statement (not yet composed - but one of my not-yet-quantified personal goals for 2019 is to push myself to take steps to build a wider circle of active personal interactions. Hence this offer)

This off-thread mentorship would be in addition to all the wonderful group support and interaction that this team provides. The vast and varied knowledge gained by all this collective personal experience can't be duplicated by one person. Depending on your goal, I may even be suggesting that you post a request for suggestions here, and then I'll help you sort through which one you want to try first.

PM me if you are interested, and then leave a note on this thread that you have sent it .... just to make sure that it was received.

I am also trying to get a profile glitch solved that prevents me from opening the Friend Requests tab. So if anyone has recently sent me a Friend Request, I am not ignoring you. I just can't find out who you are.
  • steplaj
    Just digesting what to do for posting my weight. I weigh in and posts on Sunday. Is week 1 Sunday this Sunday coming up Jan 6? Thanks very much.

Good Morning! Week 1 was Sun 12/30 - Sat 1/5. Week 2 begins Sun 1/6.

I believe the captains/moderators prefer a format similar to this - makes our weights easier to find:

Username: ____FabYou_________
    Weigh in week: ___Jan Week __1__
    Weigh in day: ____Mon____
    Previous Weight: ______lbs___ (last wk's weight or starting weight)
    Todays Weight: ____lbs____

Thanks Gabi

This is correct, Sunday was week-1 (12/30) and this upcoming Sunday is week-2 (to reiterate what Gabi already said). When posting, simply post in this chat room (your team thread) and the team captains will post to the spreadsheet.

To help make this process less complicated for the captains and to help prevent missed weigh-ins, we ask that you post using the format above, for example

User = Steplaj
    Week = one
    Weigh-in Day = Friday
    Previous Weight = 304
    Current Weight = 303

We also ask that people do not post their weights and comments in the same post, please keep any comments when posting weights, to a minimum...

Any questions - please feel free to post in the chat... You can tag someone by adding @ in front of their user id...

Thanks for joining!

Thanks again Gabi!

Steve (Moderator)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member

SO SORRY!!!! I'll find it, I will. Yikes. Extra hugs flying your way...

OK - got it, and put it in. Up to date!

No worries. Thank you 😊😀 😁
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 178.6 lbs.
    Todays Weight: 179.6 lbs
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Well hello team and happy new year!

It was a ROUGH end to 2018 for me but I am ready to start 2019 off strong.

Here's a quickie update: husband is home and doing well, he actually went back to work this morning and claims he is feeling fine (I have a feeling he will be SUPER tired tonight). (For those of you that don't know, he had gastric sleeve surgery on 12/17 and it has been an adjustment for both of us.)

After getting him home, the stress from life caught up with me and I ended up in the ER and had a three day hospital stay. Boo diabetes is about all I can say. BUT, I think I am out of the weeds now and I will be taking some time to catch up and see how you all have been doing! I also think I have a group challenge up my sleeve that people can chose to participate in (or modify or...) that I will post later today (along with my updated weight).

I'm excited to be back and ready to crush goals with all of you wonderful people!
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    @tdrjustus3 Welcome to the group, we are glad to have you! I am a type 1 diabetic (since I was 9) and would gladly do anything to rid myself of the disease so I can understand why you are working to get away from it. How do you like being on Keto? My husband tried it a few years back and liked it at first but felt super sick after a few weeks so ultimately gave it up.

@asheetagupte7272 Welcome! That seems like a BIG move, can I ask why you relocated? Let us know how we can support you as you move forward this month :)

@ltfitz89 We have a bunch in common! I am also a teacher (what grade do you teach, I'm a high school sped case manager) and am a total dog lover! Chloe is my three year old lab/golden mix and I love her to pieces! We also have three cats: Norah, Etta and Potato!

@Andreabroadley Welcome! Your goal seems totally manageable! Do you track your food on MFP? If you do, it would be easier for the team to help you with any pointers they might have.

@sue_01 Ugh, that sounds like a tough year. I'm so glad to hear you are doing better health wise, we are here to support you as you move forward!
This discussion has been closed.