January 2 sign in

Options
124»

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @bisonpitcher Some on this forum have alluded to the fact luck has nothing to do with our daily outcome, but rather a conscious awareness and diligence/perseverance is what determines our success or lack thereof. Your approach for exercise at the hotel is commendable. Like you, though, travel seems to always interrupt my tracking and better food choices. I always miss the mark when traveling...and sometimes several months in a row, but I also always have UAC to "come home" to. So glad you are with us on this journey. Instead of luck, I will add my best wishes for your work travel days.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Sue2bthin wrote: »
    Exercised - for sure, a ton!
    Tracked everything - yes, I have learned that what gets measured gets accomplished & desired changes can happen
    Stayed within/below my calorie goal? Yes!
    Was a good day.

Excellent point! I prelog my food for the day each morning for just this reason. Occasionally, I have to go back and make modifications, but not often.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @bisonpitcher Good luck on your trip. I have one coming iup in 10 days a ND it will be a challenge ... although, fortunately, I think I will have a bit more control than you. Consider making good choices a victory, even if a day doesn't fall within your plan!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Exercise : 30 mins on tread mill
    Tracking : yes
    calories : yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    grlradiant wrote: »
    Excercise - no
    Tracking -no
    Calories -no

Not a good start to the year but tomorrow is a new day. I Just have to be focused and determined. Everything in moderation!

I can see from your "Posts: 5" number that you are very new to MFP in general. Be sure to read the helpful detailed information that @RangerRickL will be posting at the top of each daily thread. You are still in the "learning to log / report" phase, so don't be concerned ... just keep at it.

And (just a thought), maybe include a self-encouraging rider about "no - but missed it closer today" to help yourself feel you ARE making progress in these early habit-forming days.

Hint: "20 minutes of exercise" can include NEAT activities like "dancing around to the radio" or "made extra trips to and from the car bringing in one bag of groceries at a time" . The 20 minutes doesn't HAVE to be all together. Doesn't HAVE to be "20 minutes formal exercise".
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 50 minutes on my mini-trampoline
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

As mentioned in the "What's on your mind?" thread, I took a base-line Body Fat % reading today .... watch for more variation in my "type of exercise" reporting starting Jan 3 ....

• allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    grlradiant wrote: »
    Excercise - no
    Tracking -no
    Calories -no

Not a good start to the year but tomorrow is a new day. I Just have to be focused and determined. Everything in moderation!

I can see from your "Posts: 5" number that you are very new to MFP in general. Be sure to read the helpful detailed information that @RangerRickL will be posting at the top of each daily thread. You are still in the "learning to log / report" phase, so don't be concerned ... just keep at it.

And (just a thought), maybe include a self-encouraging rider about "no - but missed it closer today" to help yourself feel you ARE making progress in these early habit-forming days.

Hint: "20 minutes of exercise" can include NEAT activities like "dancing around to the radio" or "made extra trips to and from the car bringing in one bag of groceries at a time" . The 20 minutes doesn't HAVE to be all together. Doesn't HAVE to be "20 minutes formal exercise".

There needs to be a reaction option for helpful - this advice is very helpful for new people and restarters - Thanks
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    20 minute walk
    Under daily calorie goal
    Logged everything
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Jan 2
    Exercise yes Performance PIT 60 min
    Calories yes with in budget.