Replies

• ntezcan
    ntezcan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having Buffalo wings and a salad.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It's a snack box day: almonds, hard boiled eggs, salami, string cheese, some hummus, and a low carb tortilla

Wednesdays, in my opinion, is the worst day of the week...we typically don't get home until 8PM or so, which means I don't cook an actual dinner (I usually just make scrambled eggs or something fast) so no leftovers.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    All I've had is a small piece of extra sharp cheddar and a cup of coffee with splenda and a half ounce of salted butter. Holding out for dinner tonight which is leftover vindaloo curry that I made last night.

With all my health stuff and lack of activity my metabolism is weird and some days I'm just not hungry at all.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I work for a regional food bank. Today, one of our very generous donors decided to buy lunch for the office and warehouse staff, and they are sending pizza! The office and warehouse are all very excited...I will be good and eat my avocado tuna salad in a lettuce wrap!
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    for lunch today I'm having 3oz of ground hamburger, 2 tbs of homemade taco spices, 1.5 cup of shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa, and broccoli(only veggie I had on hand, lol). Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • leahk80
    Options
    Today I had a keto pizza..crust made from 'Keto Connect' 3 minute biscuit recipe, 1 tbs of tomato paste(didn't have anything else), pepperoni. It wasn't bad. could be better. Think I will try the 'fathead' crust next time.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    The fathead crust is really good...I haven't tried the Keto Connect biscuits yet. So far I have liked most of their recipes.

Today I am having Mock Potato Soup and a couple of hard boiled eggs. I have been sick for the last couple of days (strep sucks) and didn't have much energy to do more than that. Thank goodness for meal prepping on Sunday.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    230g of ground mince
    4 slices applewood bacon
    3tbsp of low-sugar ketchup
    2tsp mustard
    2tsp mayo
    11oz Protein Shake
    1.5L Ketorade

My lunch was basically this: Forget to eat, start oven cooking, get on bike, remote shut off oven when smell is right, end biking, eat standing, get a shower.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Today I went out for lunch and had a bacon and cheddar omlette.
  • tasha6685
    tasha6685 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today i had chicken and shrimp alfredo over broccoli.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I spread some seasoned veggies on a sheet pan last night last night -onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli -and draped strips of bacon over them...then roasted them. So.Freakin'.Good! So now I have leftovers...I am spreading hummus on a sheet of cloud bread, and then rolling the veggie/bacon mix in it for lunch today!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    It's leftovers for me again today! I made pork stew (pork browned in a bit of bacon fat, with carrots, onions, celery, crushed tomatoes, and green beans, topped with chicken stock and baked in my Dutch oven for two hours). I didn't use any thickener, because I haven't been able to get the hang of xanthum gum yet, so the "gravy" was more like broth lol, but it was still really tasty and tender!

I made some buffalo chicken dip to snack on this week, and cut up a couple of mason jars worth of celery sticks to go with it...so that's in my lunchbox, too.

I also made fresh mozzarella! My hubby tucked a bottle of rennet into my stocking and I haven't had a chance to give it a try, but the process was straight forward, and only took about 30 minutes! It was delicious, and fun to make! So there is a piece of that in my lunchbox, too...! Right now with milk so cheap, I figured even if I messed it up then at most I wasted a little less than a dollar...
  • shelbydodgeguy
    Options
    I just nibbled on a couple things; a small piece of leftover meatloaf from the other night and a small piece of sirloin steak.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today is the same as yesterday...I apparently made a lot of pork stew, lol!
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    Chunked chicken keto tacos.
  • leahk80
    Options
    today I have Buffalo Chicken(dip recipe from Keto Connect). Used rotisserie chicken and mixed it with broccoli. It turned out pretty good! I'm going to have to try their sauce for chicken wings next time. Have a great day everyone!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I spread some seasoned veggies on a sheet pan last night last night -onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli -and draped strips of bacon over them...then roasted them. So.Freakin'.Good! So now I have leftovers...I am spreading hummus on a sheet of cloud bread, and then rolling the veggie/bacon mix in it for lunch today!

That is simple and sound delicious. Thanks!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    This is pretty typical of dinner at our house lol...my daughter is a vegetarian, my husband is not on keto, but obviously I am...

The hubby wanted chicken n dumplins for dinner last night. I started off with a pot of seasoned (black pepper, thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic), sautéed (in garlic olive oil) veggies (celery, carrots, onions, peas, and mushrooms), then sectioned off about a fourth of them for my daughter's dinner.

To her pot, I added veggie stock.
    To our pot, I added chicken stock. Then I diced up some chicken, and added them to our pot, too.

I let both pots come to a simmer for about 30 minutes.

Then I sectioned off about half of "our" pot into two pots -one for me and one for hubby.

I made a roux in a separate skillet and added that to my daughter's and hubby's pot. Into mine, I added a little xanthum gum.

Next, I made a small batch of regular biscuit dough, and a tiny batch of keto biscuit dough. I dropped that into their respective pots by rounded spoonfuls, brought the pots up to a boil and covered them for about 8 minutes.

Dish up and serve!
    Once dinner was over, I put the leftovers into pint sized mason jars for lunches this week.

I don't mind cooking this way, even though it makes a LOT of dishes, because the hubby and daughter are responsible for dishes, lol...
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    Spinach and White Cheddar Omelette with a piece of Salmon. Quite a good way to start the day.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    Options
    Nibbled on a few pieces of celery and peanut butter.