Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shamrock Half in March!!!

JennRubi0
JennRubi0 Posts: 9 Member
Training for my first half marathon...YIKES! I'm in my 4th week of training and its starting to get a lil difficult. Any tips on improving endurance? Or WHEN DOES IT GET easier lol.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2019
    JennRubi0 wrote: »
    Training for my first half marathon...YIKES! I'm in my 4th week of training and its starting to get a lil difficult. Any tips on improving endurance? Or WHEN DOES IT GET easier lol.

What's your mileage like currently?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners

You might want to try this group, it's a lot more active
  • TavistockToad
    Also, if your training runs are feeling hard, you need to slow down.
  • JennRubi0
    JennRubi0 Posts: 9 Member
    My current mileage for long runs is about 5/6 miles and regular runs are about 3miles which is my comfortable run length. I have a 7 mile coming up in a about 10 days. I’m using the Nikepro running program trainer.
  • TavistockToad
    JennRubi0 wrote: »
    My current mileage for long runs is about 5/6 miles and regular runs are about 3miles which is my comfortable run length. I have a 7 mile coming up in a about 10 days. I’m using the Nikepro running program trainer.

Run slower for the longer runs