Introductions

Options

Replies

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton Go Chiefs!! I am in Missouri. Hi neighbor : )

It is nice to see people joining the group : )
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had an interesting (and welcome) surprise on the scale this morning. I’ve drastically improved my diet/nutrition and logged it on LifeSum for the past month. I joined MFP two days ago. A week ago I reduced my daily cal down by 500kcal to 1630kcal. I strictly adhered to it and upped my water intake. I’ve been sedentary, and will begin my exercise program on Friday, but am getting steps in. My start weight was 237.8lbs. I’ve had surgeries, and been on bed rest the majority of the time during the past 3 years, and am completely deconditioned, severe muscle-wasting, edema It’s taken 6 months to rehab myself to be up and functioning to that of a “basic person” that is not fit.

This morning I got on the scale and weighed in at 233.2 after a long plateau. Wild 3.8lb “loss” since last night. I wonder how much water weight I will be dropping. I’m not sure if I should be proud of it but it was deeply satisfying to input my weight here this morning.

Be proud! When I had unexpected losses I realized that some of it might be fluid. BUT that new number on the scale also affirmed what was possible. That, in addition to the loss, was very motivating for me.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @strongscartlet so happy for you! It sounds like you are working hard and taking positive steps. Good job!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    We're three days away from our February Challenge. To those of you who have been a part of these challenges in the past...…...any advise? What exactly do we need to do? Just post our BITE, LICK, TASTE...…..a.k.a. all food intake for the day? Do we post it only to our diary, or here also? Thanks!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    teriseaton wrote: »
    We're three days away from our February Challenge. To those of you who have been a part of these challenges in the past...…...any advise? What exactly do we need to do? Just post our BITE, LICK, TASTE...…..a.k.a. all food intake for the day? Do we post it only to our diary, or here also? Thanks!

Details are in the FAQ thread - but feel free to ask us too. That is what the "What's On Your Mind?" Thread is for as we move into the month.

The BITE, LICK, TASTE / DID info goes into your Food and Exercise Logs (if "exercise" for the day is the kind of thing that can't really be measured, like "dancing to the radio" or "serious decluttering / cleaning" then time spent can be entered in the Notes section of your Exercise log if you wish (so that you can look back at it later)

When done logging for the day, or looking back at yesterday's closed out info, come report in.

The 3 questions here are all "Yes / No" (3 Yes's = pass not required) based on your log(s) Details on Type of 20 or more minutes exercise are optional, but can be fun and inspiring for others to read.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Thanks BMcC9!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @ faithfuleefit Thank you for posting about being embarrassed about posting a gain in weight. That is one of my biggest struggles and downfalls. I feel ashamed, so unsuccessful and then hopeless. Appreciate your honesty to help me see my problems and learn to deal with them.
  • FaithfuLEEfit
    FaithfuLEEfit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton The more that I post the easier it becomes. Everyone in the MFP community has been so kind. Posting helps me to understand my body and habits better. I've noticed that on the days that I do especially well or on the ones where I fall short, I don't see the results until another day has passed...and I always know exactly what caused me to gain or lose. Don't feel bad about posting. We understand that every day won't be amazing. If you're doing everything you set out to do during the day but don't see the results...keep going. You will see them eventually. If you slip up on any given day, don't stress about it. Just make sure that you get back on track the next day. Success isn't something that happens over night. You'll have to keep working at it. Don't worry. You can do this!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thank you!! I get disappointed in myself I appreciate your help to overcome that. I will have faith :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @mommy_hood Good luck!! Let's stay focused on this :)
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm back again. January fell apart pretty quickly with kitchen renos and other things but I am ready to get back to consistency.