2019 Reboot

Options
124»

Replies

• silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know I need to reboot, but I've lost my motivation. I start out each day well, then I lose my way. Any suggestions?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Join the FB group. Seeing so many people doing P1 at any time might be motivating. It's called: South Beach Diet Support Group (based on Dr. Agatston's original plan).

PS Sorry for the delay. Was traveling.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Thanks, Sabine. I joined but haven't checked FB recently.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Sabine, for turning me on to ETL group! I am totally into WFPB eating...changed up my whole kitchen, making food from scratch, following recipes...drinking plant/nut milks...OMG...I am totally sold on this way of life/eating.

I am still dealing with pain in my knees, but not as much...have really reduced the inflammation. I am now below 140. Got a great report on my blood work from a week ago...doc says to keep doing what I am going.

So, she is happy with my plant based, whole food way of eating.

Any, wishing you and sweet Silvergirl a wonderful Springtime! Eat your veggies! needair.gif
  • magic71755
    Options
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019
    black coffee

oatmeal with flaxseed, strawberries and banana...and first time using soy milk...bought the Westsoy that is NON GMO and Organic. (plus 9 grams protein in a serving)

Green Smoothie...left over from yesterday: organic berries frozen from Costco Triple Berry Blend, spinach, bit of almond milk that was left...and 16 ounces maybe more of water. I really liked it. I do not think I like smoothies with banana...too thick. Nor do I like cherries in smoothies. Actually, jury is still out...cuz I love love love fresh cherries! Lots has gone down the sink...I like this one cuz it was thin and not too sweet.

Going across town today for a hair cut...will be near a Whole Foods...think I will splurge and go in ...(YIKES $$$$)....but it is like Disneyland to those of us who follow WFPB eating...so I want to check it out.

Will check out the Engine 2 products -exclusive at Whole Foods - that might work for me on my long work days (FOR CONVENIENCE--I think they are NOT GF...so might not work.)

Lunch: massaged kale salad.

Dinner: grilled veggie salad. California Pizza Kitchen used to make this. I hope I can remember...the lettuce is romaine grilled...with an assortment of veggies. Will add some beans of some sort to pump up the protein for the day.

Dessert: banana chocolate icecream made in the blender... banana, unsweetened cocoa, almond milk , one medjool date
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, Sabine, for turning me on to ETL group! I am totally into WFPB eating...changed up my whole kitchen, making food from scratch, following recipes...drinking plant/nut milks...OMG...I am totally sold on this way of life/eating.

I am still dealing with pain in my knees, but not as much...have really reduced the inflammation. I am now below 140. Got a great report on my blood work from a week ago...doc says to keep doing what I am going.

So, she is happy with my plant based, whole food way of eating.

Any, wishing you and sweet Silvergirl a wonderful Springtime! Eat your veggies! needair.gif

Glad you're enjoying ETL. I read the books, and have incorporated much into my eating over the years. And I love the group. Such great folks.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Sunday, March 31, 2019

black coffee
    GF oatmeal
    GF rice tortilla with Daiya cheese quesadilla
    massaged kale salad
    cuties
    veggie soup
    hash browns

Today's Menu is completely GF + Vegan

And I hit all my GBombs:
    G reens kale sala
    B eans in the soup
    O onions in the soup
    M ushrooms in the soup
    B erries in the oatmeal
    S eeds ground flax seed in the oatmeal

TA DA!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    I've been AWOL for a while, and the scale proves it! I'm going back to what has worked for me in the past--SB and posting here.

By the way, what is ETL?

Anyway, today:

Br: V8 low sodium tomato juice, Bran Flakes, banana, skim milk
    Lu: spinach salad, Ak Mak crackers
    Sn: pear & low-fat mozzarella stick
    Di: tilapia sauteed in olive oil and garlic, mixed vegetables, Dave's Thin Killer bread, kiwi
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I've been AWOL for a while, and the scale proves it! I'm going back to what has worked for me in the past--SB and posting here.

By the way, what is ETL?

Anyway, today:

Di: tilapia sauteed in olive oil and garlic, mixed vegetables, Dave's Thin Killer bread, kiwi
    Eat to Live. A plant based diet.
    Welcome back! I have been MIA from here and lurking on facebook.
    It DOES work!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Sunday, March 31, 2019

black coffee
    GF oatmeal
    GF rice tortilla with Daiya cheese quesadilla
    massaged kale salad
    cuties
    veggie soup
    hash browns

Today's Menu is completely GF + Vegan

And I hit all my GBombs:
    G reens kale sala
    B eans in the soup
    O onions in the soup
    M ushrooms in the soup
    B erries in the oatmeal
    S eeds ground flax seed in the oatmeal

TA DA!

I incorporate the GBombs!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today:

Di: tilapia sauteed in olive oil and garlic, mixed vegetables, Dave's Thin Killer bread, Clementine
  • magic71755
    Options
    Yay!

Morning Ladies...the program I am following is by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Silver...EAT TO LIVE. Books on amazon.

Whole Foods, Plant Based Program.

Today my menu is:

GF oatmeal (Nature's Path) uncooked with a banana, frozen berries, Almond milk
    massaged kale salad
    cuties
    veggie soup with GF ramen
    frozen banana, unsweetened cocoa, one date, almond milk...turned into ice cream

Have a great April 1st, ladies!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today:

Lu: brown rice sushi, Clementine
    Di: spinach salad, Ak Mak crackers, kiwi
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    So far, I've been doing pretty well on this recent reboot, except for yesterday, when I went overboard with pistachios. I'd had 2 hours sleep the night before, and my resolution was weak. I suppose it could have been worse--at least the pistachios, which are no salt variety, are healthy ;) .

Anyway, today:

Di: green salad, baked chicken, green beans with almonds, Dave's Thin Killer bread, Clementine
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I haven't been in a posting mood, but am following along and still on the beach!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    That's great, Sabine.

My menu today is exactly the same as yesterday's. I can obviously tolerate a certain amount of boredom if it allows me to be lazy ;) .
  • alsarve
    alsarve Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1st time soon to be follower of South Beach. I am a little confused because I thought phase 1 was no dairy. Am I wrong? Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    alsarve wrote: »
    1st time soon to be follower of South Beach. I am a little confused because I thought phase 1 was no dairy. Am I wrong? Thanks!

The original south beach diet allowed for dairy. Not sure about the online version, which is basically a low carb diet. Where are you gathering your information? Good luck to you, regardless!
  • alsarve
    alsarve Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sabine! I was getting confused by the 2 versions. Did more research and found the FB group you had mentioned to someone else. I started officially w P1 May 14th, but stopped my 40 oz/day Mt Dew habit the day before that. I am down 14 lbs (I could easily lose 100lbs to be at a truly healthy weight).
    The hardest part for me is getting enough vegetables. A lot of my favorites are not in P1 and I am really not a fan of green veggies. Get tired of salads sometimes. Also kills me to limit my dairy. But trying to really stick w it. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • kenya50
    kenya50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options