My C25K diary

12346»

Replies

• BladeRun45
    BladeRun45 Posts: 23 Member
    Finished week8 day 1. 37 degrees this morning and beautiful. I went 3.15 miles and burned 311 calories. I'm so glad to finally see the calories over 300. My race is next weekend!
    Two more days of training and I'll probably do a walk/run Thursday as to not miss a day.

Awesome job! I just finished W5D3 last Friday. W6 coming up! Happy Feb. all!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    After a weekend rest today I found an old pair of Mizuno shoes in my closet that still have quite a bit of support. I wore them today for W7D2. My legs felt less sore and stiff running on the asphalt and I also improved my 2-mile timed distance. I will keep wearing them for W7D3 and all of week 8 and hope my heel improves. It's still just a very slight pain - so I'm not too worried yet.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    I’m finished!!! My 5k race is coming up on Saturday! Can’t wait.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I’m finished!!! My 5k race is coming up on Saturday! Can’t wait.

woo hoo!

enjoy the race!
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    @amgreenwell excellent job! Good luck x
  • stoked2b
    I got a crazy urge this morning as there's a 5K coming up in my town on Sat. Feb 23, which gives me 2.5 weeks to prepare. So I think I'm going to push to 30 minutes Wed & Fri and then go for a full 5K by the end of next week. Also bonus - I asked my daughter if she would run too and she said yes (her first 5K). She said she won't run with me though, because she wants to try to get a good time. B) So she will leave me in the dust, but that's ok, I want her to have fun.
  • kirstyfoy
    I've continued to do 5k since finishing the programme. I'm doing my first park run on the 23rd. Good luck x x x
  • amgreenwell
    Good luck @kirstyfoy and @stoked2b ! I pick up my packet tomorrow and the race is Saturday morning. I did a run/walk this morning just to keep my blood flowing. I'm ready to put this race behind me and sign up for more. I'll continue to train 5k for a while then move on to 10k and beyond. I'd love to complete a 1/2 marathon this year.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Done

Nice job!
  • kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell well done! Great time too! I'm trying to get mine under 42 minutes 🤣
  • stoked2b
    Good one amgreenwell!

I’m right around you kirstyfoy. On my 3+ mile runs I’m averaging 13.5 minute miles but on my 2 mile runs I’m about a 12 minute mile. So I think if we keep it up for a few months we’ll really see improvements.

I got myself a valentine’s day present. 😍 Actually two of them - a pair of Asics and a pair of Brooks. I’m going to wait until after next week’s race to try them out.

That reminds me, I was reading an article on how to improve 5K Times. And it basically said if you’re a beginning runner don’t worry about speed training (like intervals and fartleks) but just keep doing general running and increase distance for 6 months or so.
  • kirstyfoy
    @stoked2b I don't want to run further than 5k at the moment lol! I did some speed training tonight and knocked 3 minutes off the time.

I'm doing my first park run on Saturday. Hopefully running around other people might pick my pace up a little.

Yay my gym trainers are asics and running trainers are Brooks so good choice 😁

I just kitted myself out with a running jacket and leggings by karrimor from sports direct!
  • amgreenwell
    @kirstyfoy running with others will definitely make you start out a little faster unless you are super conscious of it and avoid that pitfall. I tend to do that. My first mile is fast, my second mile is average and my last mile is above average. I push a bit harder at the end b/c I can see the finish line and I want to be "sprinting" when that last photo is taken. :)
    The weather here has been so awful that my motivation to run as been nill. I'll get back out there soon.