The Big Count Up

Options
FunUsername
FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
I am excited as I have decided to embrace this new phase of life. Freeing me from periods is wonderful ... for me at least, as I have completed the family. It is a strange feeling. Both nervous at how i will feel once confirmed and how people will view me ... as weirdly I thinking of planning myself a party !

I don't plan birthdays party even. So am confused by why I want to celebrate ...

So am on the Big Count Up ... previous record was 60 days .(last year) .. now at day 48 no period ...

Anyone else counting?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I counted up. The *one* thing I'd caution you about is assuming all the symptoms will magically end when you hit the date. Mine changed a bit once estrogen got low enough, but they didn't end.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I never thought of counting....so far I can estimate that the longest i've gone is about 3 months then I magically get a period...so if I go another month without this time it will be my longest time without so far
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies...
    What symptoms stayed with you sabine?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks ladies...
    What symptoms stayed with you sabine?
    Insomnia and intermittent crankiness. :-)
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of this! I'm down to about 4 periods per year (they are light and only last about 3 days at most) so I'm almost there!! Woot Woot! :grin: I find many times a period will hit during a stressful time; ie, my last one was near Christmas because I was the one putting on the family visit & celebrations this year. Sitting at Day 28 now though from that one and very curious as to how long this one will go. I truly cannot wait to be passed all of that yucky mess, even with the other symptoms that go along with menopause. :smile:
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What a good idea, will start counting if this current one ever stops lol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I have an app that counts for me.

I was having periods every 18 to 24 days for a long time, so I started using the app to track that so I could show my Dr, and now it tracks "the count" for me.

Last year, I made it to 105 days ... so exciting.

Then I had 2 periods in quick succession - about 18 days apart.

Then I made it to 140 days ... I thought I was on my way at last!

And then I had a period. I'm now at 18 days. :neutral:
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi. New to this group and at 9 months now. I hope this is it. I have to say I feel completely different and much better than I did for the two years before. Ages 48 and 49 were a mess emotionally, and my boobs were bigger and hurt all the time. Periods stopped abruptly as soon as I turned 50, which is a nice consolation for a rather difficult milestone!
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    mtnstar wrote: »
    Hi. New to this group and at 9 months now. I hope this is it. I have to say I feel completely different and much better than I did for the two years before. Ages 48 and 49 were a mess emotionally, and my boobs were bigger and hurt all the time. Periods stopped abruptly as soon as I turned 50, which is a nice consolation for a rather difficult milestone!
    . Welcome! I’m full fledged menopause at 55. I stopped hrt about 2 months ago and started exercising instead. The weird random periods stopped and I hVe lost 12 pounds. Glad you’re feeling better!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    mtnstar wrote: »
    . Welcome! I’m full fledged menopause at 55. I stopped hrt about 2 months ago and started exercising instead. The weird random periods stopped and I hVe lost 12 pounds. Glad you’re feeling better!
    Fabulous. What were you using for HRT?
  • 927caryo
    Options
    Rx Progesterone and estrogen daily.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Rx Progesterone and estrogen daily.

Transdermal estrogen?
  • 927caryo
    Options
    It was oral. I tried the patch Which seem to cause heart palpitations and my breakthrough bleeding to get worse so one night I just ripped it off and never looked back. My only remaining symptoms are a little bit of night sweats… Not bad... And urine leakage. Which I absolutely hate obviously. Any thoughts on that?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    It was oral. I tried the patch Which seem to cause heart palpitations and my breakthrough bleeding to get worse so one night I just ripped it off and never looked back. My only remaining symptoms are a little bit of night sweats… Not bad... And urine leakage. Which I absolutely hate obviously. Any thoughts on that?

I had a friend who had a patch. Her just kept falling off. I use a daily gel, and prometrium. I went off for a bit, but after 2 months the hot flashes returned. I'll try again later. 😂
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I was having periods every 18 to 24 days for a long time, so I started using the app to track that so I could show my Dr, and now it tracks "the count" for me.

What's the app? I can never seem to have enough apps. :wink: :smile:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I've been using Clue.
  • 927caryo
    Options
    I’m a couple months off HRT and hello full blown period for the first time in a couple years. I’m 55. 🤔
  • anthocyanina
    anthocyanina Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 84. Not really counting, I have a tracking app so I can look it up. Because if I didn't, when I go to the doctor and he asks when my last period was, I'd have to say "Honestly, I have no idea." and then he'd think I'm a total ditz (which I'm not :p )
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I’m a couple months off HRT and hello full blown period for the first time in a couple years. I’m 55. 🤔

That makes sense. It's not "a period" as much as a withdrawal bleed", right?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options

I've been using Clue.

I was using Clue, but now I'm using Period Tracker (GP International LLC)

And ... 37 days!