The Big Count Up

Options
2»

Replies

• 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I’m a couple months off HRT and hello full blown period for the first time in a couple years. I’m 55. 🤔

That makes sense. It's not "a period" as much as a withdrawal bleed", right?
    . I’m not sure what it was. It acted liked a period and felt like one. 7 days ... we shall see. Feeling pretty good though.

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Last one I had was the end of December ... I've gone almost 3 months in the past before getting a period that lasted almost 2 weeks (nothing heavy, just sort of "there") ... anyway, I am 47. I was hoping that genetics would play a role since my mom hit menopause when she was 42. She realized one day that it had been over a year since a period and she had NO symptoms whatsoever whereas I have hot flashes, night sweats and unexplained body pain and inflammation.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I got to 10 months and bleh - small period. For the next few months I felt light symptoms of a period coming but so far nothing. Four months now.....we'll see.
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 86!! /fingers crossed :smiley:
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well- you guys will appreciate this...I was literally at day 330, and got my period this morning. The day before we are supposed to leave on a beach vacation. Not sure whether to laugh or cry...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mtnstar wrote: »
    Well- you guys will appreciate this...I was literally at day 330, and got my period this morning. The day before we are supposed to leave on a beach vacation. Not sure whether to laugh or cry...
    Oh that sucks!!
  • KyKyPS
    KyKyPS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    10 months and hopefully no surprises for the next couple of months. Can not wait!
  • Corr_Paisley
    Options
    Dropping by to see how you are all doing. I checked in on my cycle count, and it turns out I'm in the triple digits now! Woot, day 108! :smiley:
  • 51andSassy
    51andSassy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use an app (mostly in case my doctor wants to know) and I'm at 363 days period-free now. I think that means I'm officially in menopause. I have not had hot flashes, only some insomnia that I really attribute to those days I'm not doing regular exercise.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    After four months, I had to hit the reset button yesterday! *sigh*
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    For those of you whose periods got closer together before they started getting further apart, how long did that last? I seem to be down to a 21ish (sometimes less) day cycle.
  • Corr_Paisley
    Options
    :disappointed: It has arrived. :disappointed: Ugh!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    :disappointed: It has arrived. :disappointed: Ugh!

DAMN!
  • beckyplotnick555
    beckyplotnick555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! I'm 53 years young. I 'hit' menopause 3 years ago. Made myself a red velvet cake when I hit the year marker of going without a period.....LOL! I joked about using tampons instead of candles, but my Husband said that was too crass! I gained about 7 lbs - lost most of that. I still get hot flashes - but they've diminished in quantity, intensity and duration (thank god)! It's been so nice not having to ALWAYS carry tampons/pads in my purse, or wondering if you're finally 'done' with it all.