Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    2/14
    25.27 miles
    307.88 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @Dave: Thanks for the brace info.I have thunder thighs and big calves...lol. Sounds like we could be twins.
    Feb. 14: Adding 21.25 miles for 2 miles walking and 19.25 miles cycling.
    TTD: 240.25

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    02/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here)
    02/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here & departed)
    02/11 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    02/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/13 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/14 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 302.0 miles

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    105.08 so far

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Short ride on the new bike yesterday. By the end my back was hurting. I have a bike fit scheduled for Tuesday. (The weather isn't cooperating anyway.)

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    managed to get out last 2 days as more energy and milder. New ttd 22 miles
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/15
    24.47 miles
    332.35 miles MTD
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

YAY, that's GOAL for @ANACONDA469!! :star:

Dave
    rI85m5.png

in78pxlm6ntf.jpeg

psbr1g5i7acd.jpeg

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

14th: 7 miles, Pilates, 3.8 m running, 3.2 m purposeful walking - MTD 77.88
    15th: 2 miles, Pilates, Body Pump - MTD 79.88
  • clepant
    Options
    Just_Ceci: A new bike! How exciting!
    Feb.15: Adding 20 miles of walking 4.5 miles and cycling 15.5 miles
    TTD: 260.25 miles

exercise.png

I know many of you live in areas where this a common sighting, but we now have our five pair of bald eagles nesting in our area and the county park where I work as a master gardener and walk, run, cycle and kayak is the newest pair. I saw a few fly over my neighborhood about 10 years ago but last fall a pair was in the area. They built a nest and have been adding fluff or leaf material. Did not have my long lens and the lighting was not good but I did capture the pair in the nest today. We have some osprey on a lake a little further north of me but I a, so excited to see this pair in my backyard so to speak.

kzt9bie1c37g.jpeg
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    02/15 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 327.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    @Dave - I was laughing and the tiger dog. :smile: Had to show that to the people in the office.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@DEAN - LOL! You got me back! :wink: Too funny...

Good appointment with the doctor. Not great news, but I no longer have a bunch of questions and know exactly what is going on. I have arthritis in the knee, a "complex tear" in the meniscus on the left side of my right knee and the cartilage is also worn bare in one spot. I also have bone bruising in two spots. Several bone spurs that don't require attention. The right side of the same knee looks great. Treatment? Wear a hinged knee brace that takes some of the pressure off of the bad side. OTC NSAIDS. Knee injections. Ice and compression as needed. Repeat until that no longer works and then I can get a partial knee "resurfacing" as he called it, but really it's a partial knee replacement. New metal to replace the cartilage and a new meniscus pad. They can't really repair the meniscus I have because that would just remove more cushioning and speed up the cartilage-wearing process. Also no more running....probably ever...at least until after a knee surgery. :-/ Lose weight. Continue non-impact exercise like elliptical, bike, swimming and fitness walking is okay. It's nothing serious. Mostly still just a nuisance at this point.

Thanks for all of your support!
    Dave

I have more or less the same thing. Consultant wanted to do steroid injections into knee. I refused that. Got myself some turmeric with black pepper and that has taken the inflamation out of my knees. Some people have had great success with that when they have arthritis. Not to be taken with prescription meds without consulting doctor but otherwise a natural product. I am gettjng to the stage where I will have to have something done with mine. In the meantime I keep walking and do strengthening exercises for my knees
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    12 Feb walked 7.34 miles
    13 Feb walked 6.86 miles
    14 Feb walked 3.25 miles
    15th Feb walked 7.41 miles

Total miles walked to date 108.49
  • clepant
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sorry I posted all this, but after seeing others have some similar issues, I thought that I would share. Please feel free to skip over it.
    @ Dave: definitely avoid surgery. My doctor did the cleanup 2014 on my lateral meniscus tear and it is bone on bone now. Although my right knee is the one hurting, his xrays showed my left knee was worse. Most definitely from running, so I do not necessarily agree with him saying possibly after surgery. Both of my tears are bad. As long as I do not twist, my tear does not seem to catch and when I feel it, I am able to slowly manipulate it and unlock it so it does not hurt. My right knee tear is also lateral meniscus. I bear more of my weight on the outside of the knee. No doubt my weight gain, from being depressed and not running did not hurt. But I am rising from the ashes and my self pity party has ended.
    Last night, they had this experimental procedure on my local news. It is for medial knee issues so not sure I would be a candidate but you might. I may contact them or my ortho doc. It is experimental but makes sense, and I wondered how long it would be until they did something like this to preserve the knee. Kinda like wearing the knee brace under the skin.
    Here is the article and I attached the video.
    https://news.osu.edu/ohio-state-wexner-medical-center-first-in-us-to-implant-device-for-knee-osteoarthritis
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dhfQ6A0zFs

I do not do their pain relief. While treating my left knee, they put me on Meloxicam and while on vacation at the Outer Banks,, my feet swelled and calves started enlarging. It felt like they were going to ripe out of my skin. I looked it up and found I was having an allergic reaction to the drug. Not my friend. I did do one cortisone with resistance. It lasted exactly 30 days. I did the viscous injections of three weeks in a row and I must say, it has reduced the inflammation in that knee and I can feel some now in my left. As 2essie stated, I take turmeric in raw form every day. You can buy the capsule form but this is cheaper. I also have been takingTart Cherry Concentrate. I order it from a farm in Michigan in bulk. It is used for gout but there are studies on the use in helping runners recover quicker from long races. It has helped too. I also take Wellesse Strength Joint Supplement https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-273750-wellesse-joint-movement-glucosamine-liquid-natural-berry-flavor-16-fl-oz?scid=scbplp118221&sc_intid=118221&utm_campaign=Shopping_Campaign_USA_Top_Brands&msclkid=b95d155bdfc914b4262f4933ee56ef22&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=4581390077355240&utm_content=SC - Shopping Campaign - USA - LTV High

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/bone-joint/cherry-juice-to-relieve-joint-pain/

https://eat2run.com/2016/12/15/5-reasons-need-tart-cherries/

https://www.shorelinefruit.com/
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    @clepant - gorgeous picture. I love bald eagles, they're stunning creatures. I got to see some in Yellowstone. A few years back there was a live cam of a nest, I forget where, and I spent hours watching the parents feed the baby that hatched, one egg did not, and the eventual flight off the nest.

2.2 treadmill miles, it's cold and rainy today. I'm about to go for a hair appt, then some quality studying time at the library. My health coach exam is in 13 days. A good day to be indoors and be productive. Maybe I'll clean something. Maybe not. :wink:

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    Weigh in:
    weight.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Did a 7 mile run this morning. Did not encounter any tigers ;)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/13 7.50 miles
    2/14 5 miles
    2/15 7.25 miles

As of 2/15 75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.