February 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Dave: I am sorry for your news. Work to make that knee bionic. Nothing on bends of 90 degrees but strengthening it will help. I talked to my hubby’s PT and he told what I could and could not do. You can leg press, but using both legs or your good one but not your bad. You can do the inner and outer leg resistance. No leg lifts on that leg. You know the one where you place the roll bar on top of your leg while sitting and raise it straight.
    Together we could make one good knee. 🤣 Yeah, I had the surgery on my left knee and in four years my surgerical knee is supposedly bone on bone. Most likely from running. No more for me either. My cysts bother my knee almost worse than the severe tear of my meniscus. So I bike now...a lot. No more running here....it breaks my heart.
    @Dean: Not getting sick but thinking stress. Too trips to the ER and blood work, doctor appointments, all for my dad. It has been a bit tough 10 days. My dad bled out from a shot he got in the ER.
    Good news is that my Finn shows no increase sizein his anal sac or nodules in his stomach...and his blood work was good. Wish I could say the same for my dad.

Hope everyone starts feeling better. I am starting to build a big boat in preparation for when we start floating away from all this rain.
    Adding 30 for two days
    Feb. 11: Adding 10 miles of walking 2 mile and cycling 8 miles
    Feb. 12: Adding 20 miles of walking 1 mile and cycling 19 miles
    TTD: 196.25 miles
    s0vjgvhacdrt.jpeg
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/12
    37.59 miles
    258.67 miles MTD
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @Dave - We can be biking buddies! You could get a tandem bike and you could pedal with the left leg and @Clepant could pedal with the right leg. 😜
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    02/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here)
    02/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here & departed)
    02/11 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    02/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 252.0 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,971 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/11 5 miles
    2/12 6 miles

As of 2/12 55.25 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    85.79 to date.

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
    Hello All!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Felt a bit better last 2 days, still keeping walks short new TTD 16 miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@CLEPANT - Thank you! Yeah, I forgot to ask about what lifting exercises I can still do, but what you said sounds right. I guess I can let pain & stiffness afterward be my guide. It does feel better after doing the elliptical though. It makes walking down the stairs to the locker room tolerable. But yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot more biking and elliptical it seems. Bummed about the running, but maybe if I lose enough weight and then have the resurfacing done, maybe it would be a possibility again...who knows. If not, I will be okay though. I do like biking a lot, but as you know, it's not the same feeling as running. I like @DEAN's idea of us getting a tandem bike... :lol:

Overall, I guess it could be a LOT worse. Some activity modifications and even more incentive to lose weight. Great. LOL As if I don't have enough incentive already...sure, just pile on one more reason! :smiley:

Thanks everyone!
    Dave

623uafdtqpls.gif

du4iigbuskn3.jpeg
  • clepant
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Dean and Dave@: When I ran my last half marathon, I came upon a guy who had his right knee all tapped and braced. We ran together for about a half mile and talked about knee issues. We said that together we connect like a three legged race and be one whole body.

@Dave: I just keep saying that God has some other plans for me now. I am going to stay as healthy as possible and maybe in time they will improve the stem cell stuff and grow me a repaired meniscus. My stair descents have improved and if I step on the center of the stair going up, my right knee does not hurt. I feel like I have three super balls in my knee area. These are all cysts. One on top, one on the inside and outside of my knee. I can feel the ligaments roll over them. It is the creepiest feeling in the world. So different from the Baker’s cyst in the back. Anyway, we can support each other in our healing and weight loss.

FB. 13: Adding 18.75 miles of walking 2 miles and cycling 16.75 miles
    TTD: 215 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Well, our weather hurled 55 mph and higher winds at us last night and today. Trees down every where and the wind chill was ridiculous. Now we climb back to 50 tomorrow. As I said.....crazy weather!
    Feb. 13: Adding 4 more miles biking today.
    TTD: 219 miles

exercise.png

@Lovemyalex: I was running some stats and you have officially made two trips around the world.You have made just about 10 round trips from Maine to Hawaii and back.
    You are just shy of 18 trips across the United States from coast to coast. (9 round trips) And if you move 175,475 more miles, you will have made it to the moon. Can you say “Amazing!”.
    flvqhh7kztl7.gif

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @dave Love the memes, esp the running one.

Adding 2.4 treadmill miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/13
    23.94 miles
    282.61 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    02/08 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/09 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here)
    02/10 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer (SnowPocalypse 2019 is here & departed)
    02/11 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    02/12 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/13 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 277.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    9 miles moving my feet. Have I told you lately how I HATE winter!! LOL We've been below zero for so long & have LOTS of snow!! Also shoveling snow has become a ritual.

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10th: 12.32 miles, 9.32 m stationary bike, 3 m purposeful walking - MTD 55.88
    11th: 3 miles, Pilates, Yoga - MTD 58.88
    12th: 6 miles, swimming, 3.33 m running, 2.77 m purposeful walking - MTD 64.88
    13th: 6 miles, 2.11 m running, 3.89 m purposeful walking - MTD 70.88

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @sussexbythesea - it’s a wicked virus that is going round that knocks you sideways for weeks. Take heart and take time to recover well.

@Dave - @clepant is wise and I love the idea that you can make the knee bionic. The vision of the two of you cooperating on a tandem will keep me smiling all day (thanks @Dean)

@clepant - big hugs for you and your family. You have a lot on your plate. It’s a good thing that you are a very special and strong woman.

@amazingmummy - a big hello back

@Lovemyalex - now the numbers have been crunched, I’m even more bowled over.
  • clepant
    Options
    6fwhr63gyj3l.gif
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 3 miles for purposeful walking and 2 miles on my new bike. (Stupid winter weather!)

exercise.png

Hoping to get out today for a ride, but the flags are standing straight out from the stiff south wind. :|
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

CONGRATS to @CLEPANT for crossing the GOAL line!! :drinker:

Glad you're enjoying the memes! When I come across them, I laugh, and then I can't wait to post them because I know you guys will get them better than anyone else I know! :blush:

@CLEPANT - Oh, today I got the first of what I'm sure will be several braces I'll be ordering. Starting at the low end, the one I got today and only costing around $39 is a pretty comfortable one. But my immediate reaction and impression is that it won't really have much stabilizing effect. It'll offer some compression and keep the joint warm, but that's about it. The two bar hinges on either side are somewhat flexible so I don’t think that’s going to do any good whatsoever at keeping my leg straight and the bulk of the pressure "on the good side" of the joint. But I'll keep you updated after I've worn it a couple of days. I’m just fairly certain this is not the final answer. I got it from the website, braceability.com. They have a pretty good selection, but it's tough finding a brace that is big enough for my NFL Lineman sized thighs and calves. :smiley:

Dave

axb1focs47yr.jpeg

r6o9vbe1i5r3.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.