February 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @ Dave, LOVED your wall! Made me laugh!
    Moved my butt for 3 miles & shoveled snow!!!
    Prediction say we "might" get to 20 ABOVE on Saturday! Worries me cuz usually when there is a warm trend it bring more snow. growl!!!!!!

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    clepant wrote: »

This is probably it for me for February unless some miracle occurs. My meniscus hung up tonight and I cannot get it to unlock and cannot straighten my knee. I tried to get it drained today and the girl decided that I could not get it drained but needed to see th doctor which is 1:15 tomorrow. My hubby wants to take me to the ER. I don’t think I could even walk there right now.

Oh my word ... I feel for you. @vhuber is right you are a valiant warrior, but please be gentle with that poor knee.
    @Dave - loved the wall <3

ETA

exercise.png

17th: 9 miles, 4.63m running, 4.37m purposeful walking - MTD 94.51
    18th: 1.5 miles - MTD 96.01

Missed Pilates and Yoga yesterday as I had a sports massage. My ITB is playing up on my left thigh :( , then I had to collect my youngest grandson from pre-school. A poor day movement wise. On Sunday I set off to do a 5m run, but my heart wasn’t in it and I called by OH to come and pick me up - by the time he met me I was within half a mile of home. :D I didn’t dare say Nope, it’s ok, I’ll run the last bit :D
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    16th Feb walked 6.64 miles
    17th Feb walked 7.23 miles
    18th Feb walked 8.12 miles

Total miles walked to date 130.48
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Update: I finally got my meniscus to release after 2 painful hours and I can bend my knee this morning although still containing fluid. Yesterday there was no been.
    Thanks vhuber for your good wishes. Will keep you posted today after I check in this afternoon. If they just trimmed the meniscus, and removed the cysts without anything else, I think I would be okay.aBut summer will be here and I do not want to be laid up in rehab all summer. It took a year for me to rehab my last surgery.

Thought I would share this.If Dave already did, forgive me repeating it. I could use this right now.
    qc7mzky9wq2v.jpeg
  • pdfrazier08
    pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    2/4 through 2/18 = 48.72

MTD = 56.17
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/19
    23.32 miles
    422.79 miles MTD
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/18 8 miles

As of 2/18 103.50 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

That's GOAL for @2ESSIE and I!! :drinker:

@KAR328 - Glad you had such an enjoyable learning day instead of work for a nice change! :+1:

@CLEPANT - OUCH! I feel your pain! :cry: I hope the doctor was able to help you today! and nope, I hadn't posted that walking meme before and I love it. :smile:

Did my 2.0 miles on the elliptical to make goal. I hope to start extending that a little longer soon.

Dave
    rI85m5.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    No miles to report, but dang, @clepant - now I'm clenching a bunch of my body parts, including my knees. Ouch!!
  • clepant
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Feb. 19: Adding 3 miserable walking miles at one mile intervals.
    TTD: 275 miles

exercise.png

My meniscus released after several hours last night and the swelling went down. Saw the ortho doctor and pleaded for more time to let the injections work. He took off 40cc of fluid. But he twisted and rotated the life out of it and it swelled some on the way home. He says I have five weeks and if no improvement, he wants to go in and clean the tear. We looked at my xrays and he said again that my left knee should hurt worse than my right because the lateral area where he did surgery is bone on bone. I swore to him that it doesn’t yet. So I am being good and icing it and resting. It.
    @kara: I am seriously considering going back to body sculpting since cardio seems to be beating the life out of my body. First it was gymnastics, next volleyball and finally running.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    02/15 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/16 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/17 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/18 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    02/19 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 403.0 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,295 Member
    Options
    Adding 17.14 miles

exercise.png

Saw the Snow Moon this morning!! Yay!

Chris
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Wishing you well Char!!!
    Walked 3 in class & yay I did NOT touch a snow shovel today!!!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 8 miles for 140 out of 250. 8 days and 110 miles. Being sick for a week didn't help at all.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 16 miles for 156 out of 250.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/20
    24.52 miles
    447.31 miles MTD
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Ran 2.4 treadmill miles.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

We got another 8" of snow here in the Twin Cities and have now set the record for "Snowiest February EVER" with a total somewhere around 30" The month isn't even over yet. We have another week left. :lol:

I worked from home but did not venture out to the gym.

Dave

Here is the view out of my kitchen window where we can usually see the row of garages and the parking lot full of cars. We jokingly call it our “privacy wall” and can leave the blinds open and run around the apartment in our drawers (or less) if we want. :lol:

qwpr5ebzm12x.jpeg

My car peeking around the snow pile. Later you couldn’t see any part of my car.

h880brgr3whp.jpeg

5m450g0kwn4y.jpeg
  • clepant
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Dave....wow! I thought we had it as when we got dumbed with 4inxhes at rush hour this morning. But I will keep ours and you can keep yours.
    @vhuber: Thank you for the well wishes. I will rise from the ashes..lol.
    Feb. 20: My doc torqued the life out of my knee and he squeeze the heck out of it so I was swollen most of the day but I got on the bike and rode 12 easy miles . I will take 10mph. It beats no miles.
    Adding 13 miles of walking 1 miles and cycling for 12 miles
    TTD: 288 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.