What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    Another very thought-provoking post from my other Just For Today thread ....
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Another good article from GEM:

It's evident when someone truly appreciates something they have, because they take great care of it.

Ever been in a home that you could tell was kept REALLY well by the owner? It was kept tidy, necessary upkeep was always done, and you could tell the person living in that home valued where they were. Maybe it wasn't even the biggest, most extravagant home- but that home was cherished.

Conversely, have you ever been in a home that you could just TELL wasn't valued? Maybe it was really dirty, unkempt, and you could just tell the owner didn't put a lot of effort into it.

Have you ever thought of you body as your home? Think about it- your body truly is the only place you will ever live in, all your life long. You can't trade it in for another one. The one you have, is the one you'll always be in.

Maybe instead of viewing your body as a loathed placed you HAVE to live in, you can shift your perspective a bit. You GET to live in the body you have! And just like a home, it will be as healthy and thriving as you make it.

Just like a little TLC can completely transform a house, your body can completely transform if you put in the effort to cherish it. Start to treat it like your dream home, and it will truly BECOME your dream home.
    wzfwc7bmgxww.png

• djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Extreme pass day, I am going to chow down on everything I should not. Sugar filled jam, pine of ben&jerrys ice cream, home made cookies, candy and whatever else I can get my hands on. Look out diabetic coma because I’m coming for you.

P.S. this is a planed day and I will enjoy every second of it including the inevitable pain associated with my stupid actions. Good day all see you tomorrow.
  • 2BtheRealMe
    2BtheRealMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi --- I joined the challenge yesterday and had a question. As a newbie, could I go back and fill in the information for the previous few days of the month, or can I only start from yesterday? :) Thank you!
  • 2BtheRealMe
    2BtheRealMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    djinn924 wrote: »
    Just as an update for everyone, I had 3700 calories yesterday and I did not gain one pound haha I think my body forgot how to use the carbs and just kinda took a break. Back at it hard today headed to the gym now to burn off anything my body did process. Pass day was well worth it 🤪

Glad you enjoyed it! :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Made my day, @BMcC9!!
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Didn't have to lose my more-than-220 day streak by ditching this profile and re-joining with a slightly different name after all!

Doh! Stupid me, I could have told you before. There is a way to reset your streak OR set it to any given number, which you could have used to not lose it...just in case.
    That's when I need a nudge to wake me up...uh oh

• AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good Friday morning! I haven't been able to exercise regularly due to falling on the ice and injuring my knee. I feel I am at a standstill, know it will be short term, but just when you think you have momentum moving forward, something hits. My challenge now is NOT to let it stop me. Coming back to MFP is being very helpful!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton, hang in there! I hope your knee recovers ASAP. Remember, you can still do upper body exercises like punches and hand weights (barring other health concerns). Getting knocked out of my routine is hard for me, too, but I know I need to stay as focussed as possible, adjust rating if necessary, and recover before moving forward.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »
    @teriseaton, hang in there! I hope your knee recovers ASAP. Remember, you can still do upper body exercises like punches and hand weights (barring other health concerns). Getting knocked out of my routine is hard for me, too, but I know I need to stay as focussed as possible, adjust rating if necessary, and recover before moving forward.

THIS!! There are plenty of no-impact seated upper body options you can do while waiting for the knees to recover. Check youtube for things you can follow along with.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »

THIS!! There are plenty of no-impact seated upper body options you can do while waiting for the knees to recover. Check youtube for things you can follow along with.

I was going to … but chose to sulk. However! @ fitphoenix I did find the punches in today. I had never done that before!! That was awesome! 10 punches and I felt my heart race.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton, that can definitely happen. We're only human! I'm glad you were able to do punches today. Jillian Michaels taught me that punches are good for "getting those frustrations out". So hopefully it can be a good workout for you and maybe help you channel your frustrations at the same time. :)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Just wondering, everyone .... when was the last time you re-set your MFP "assisted calorie goal" setup?

If it was more than 10 pounds ago and you are still eating at the old level, you may be honestly eating what you THINK you should be, but actually more than your BMR needs (what would keep you at your current weight if you were in a coma). When I hit my Normal BMI zone, I did a recalc, and my recommended intake dropped a bit. It has been steadily decreasing whenever I recalc'ed ever since I started last May (more than 20 pounds ago).

This can be an often over-looked hidden cause for "plateaus". Once a person resets, and starts eating the CORRECTED number of calories for their CURRENT BMR, the plateau breaks.

A friend on my wall read this and replied "REALLY?!?! "Cause I've been stuck in a plateau for months, and haven't reset my goal since I started 30 pounds ago!"

By the way, MFP will NEVER give women less than 1200 calories per day as a recommended level, and warn you if you have not eaten enough. I wouldn't know, but I believe the recommended lowest threshold for men is ~1500.

And remember, as your weight drops, you should be stepping down the expected "lose X per week" level as well.

There is information on sticky-posts at the top of the Getting Started message board with details about realistic expectations and how to determine the rate of loss you should choose depending on how close you are to goal.
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good information to know that’s something I never thought about. I am at a whole different kind of Plateau, I just weighed myself this morning ( first time in a while ) and noticed I am now 171..... so good news I am building muscle but bad news I am putting muscle on faster than I am burning fat! Today I plan on doing a reassessment and getting measurements again. Bonus though for the first time in 7 years I saw the tiniest outline of my Ann muscles lol yay me.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Another success that actually happened today .... I can do up my wedding dress!!! (last time I tried (~ Jan 1 ?) there was still more than a 1" gap ... last summer I couldn't even get it over my hips)

Now, I still can't take a deep breath in the dress yet ... no ease to speak of at all, but no strain or difficulty doing up the zipper, and no "cheater elastic foundation garment" underneath either.

I was determined to be able to wear it by my 31st anniversary .... at the end of April ....

Here's me in the dress.

3j3m2of9gbtd.jpg

If you look carefully at the shoulder of this "tropical print sheath" dress, you will see that it still has a price tag. It didn't fit when I bought it at the thrift store for the material ... thinking I might be able do do something with the material .... could never quite figure out what, or bear to disassemble it .... now .... it fits!

4jmtag4fmu2e.jpg
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Congrats on making these dresses fit, especially your Wedding dress!