What's on your mind today?

13»

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    @BMcC9 Congratulations on your NSV's. Absolutely wonderful progress and proof positive that nutrition and exercise always win!
  • yellowwhistle
    yellowwhistle Posts: 35 Member
    @BMcC9 Two beautiful dresses there! Well done on your progress :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    pizza looks yummy, @bisonpitcher
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @BMcC9 Congrats!!
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    I’m tired of my Plateau going on a 3 possibly plus day fast anyone interested in joining me? Nothing but coffee, lemon juice, water, pink Himalayan sea salt, apple cider vinegar and lastly green and black tea.... it’s going to be fun 🤪
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    djinn924 wrote: »
    I’m tired of my Plateau going on a 3 possibly plus day fast anyone interested in joining me? Nothing but coffee, lemon juice, water, pink Himalayan sea salt, apple cider vinegar and lastly green and black tea.... it’s going to be fun 🤪

Have you had a cheat day? Leptin is usually raised by an higher caloric intake for a brief period of time, not from fasting neither from the so called "superfoods".
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    @BMcC9, congratulations! You are in awesome shape for your anniversary. :)
  • djinn924
    Yes after almost 2 weeks after staying at the same weight I had a cheat day and it did not help so I am changing things up and flushing my system again. Every time I have ever hit a plateau for a long period a fast kicks things back into gear also it’s about time for Autophagy to get kicked into overdrive (it has been too long well that and my wallet can use a break haha)
  • BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Another success that actually happened today .... I can do up my wedding dress!!! (last time I tried (~ Jan 1 ?) there was still more than a 1" gap ... last summer I couldn't even get it over my hips)

Now, I still can't take a deep breath in the dress yet ... no ease to speak of at all, but no strain or difficulty doing up the zipper, and no "cheater elastic foundation garment" underneath either.

I was determined to be able to wear it by my 31st anniversary .... at the end of April ....

Here's me in the dress.

3j3m2of9gbtd.jpg

If you look carefully at the shoulder of this "tropical print sheath" dress, you will see that it still has a price tag. It didn't fit when I bought it at the thrift store for the material ... thinking I might be able do do something with the material .... could never quite figure out what, or bear to disassemble it .... now .... it fits!

4jmtag4fmu2e.jpg

Excellent!!! Congratulations!
  • djinn924
    I ended my 72 hour fast strong and did not really feel hungry throughout the whole process (yay for that) I dropped 6 lbs from the fast and finally beat my Plateau into submission. I am ready fo get my last 4 lbs out of here and reach my first goal of 160lbs💪 hope everyone is making the progress they want, just remember no one ever gets everything they want without sacrificing the short term for the long term. Good luck and hang in there.

Discipline = Freedom
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    So I got the mri results. Does anyone know battleship, the board game? Well that is an accurate representation of my spine. The list goes on to an herniated disk, a thinned disk, a benign tumor, a degenerative disease I had never heard before and arthritis, on top of all...as if it needed a cherry on the top.
    I have a few more appointments so I'll know more next, although I'll confess this is liberating. What is stopping me from racing is no more an unidentified shadow of who knows what injury, it has a name and shape now. I don't know when but I'll race again. I'll never be out of the fight.
    Happy weekend everyone, keep doing your best.

Hoping that the info will provide a pt regimen that will allow you to manage the situation and let you continue to do the things your enjoy.
  • djinn924
    Wow the month is just about over seems like just yesterday we started round 2 and now round 3 is right about here finish strong all.

Discipline = Freedom
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    So I got the mri results. Does anyone know battleship, the board game? Well that is an accurate representation of my spine.
    I know the Battleship game...and I sure wish you to be on the winning side!
  • Posted this in my 2/26 report, but thought it would be good for those that may not see it:

Went off the rails a bit yesterday! Its all good. One bad day does not ruin 115 lbs lost. Good lesson for those that are starting out. Don't freak out over a bad day. I've had lots of them over the last 2 years. Even with those bad days, I've gone from almost 300 lbs to 180lbs. and 40+% body fat to 12%. I've done that by having many more good days than bad and not stressing over bad days and getting right back on the horse the next day. Don't let 1 bad day turn into 2 or 3 or a week. Consistency is key. I was over my calorie budget by 3200 yesterday. But i will still reach my goal. Take that attitude and you will reach your goal too.

Oh my gosh!!! What timing....I just posted on my timeline about my bad day yesterday. Thank you for sharing!! I needed this ;)