• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good-I'm very confident that no matter how many times I tweak my eating plan I am never giving up and going back to where I used to be.

The Bad-I still need to make movement more of a priority. I'm pretty good with getting on the treadmill once a day and walking but then the rest of the day, I'm sitting. I need more movement throughout the day and need to figure out how to make that happen.

The Ugly-I still end up eating the wrong foods for me when I know that I shouldn't. Yes, I'm talking about sugar and empty crappy carbs. Really going to try to work on that.

Steps
    2/23-8712
    2/24-7152
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: Gym workout: elliptical, circuit training, arctrainer; early morning walk; got in over 10k steps which is my goal right now.

The Good: I have planned main meals for the week; tried a new recipe tonight that was really good!

The Bad: my focus--can't seem to keep doing good for a long stretch yet

The Ugly: I've eaten a lot of things the last few months that have sabotaged my prior progress. BUT, it's over! I'm done with that nonsense. Time to start fresh.
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: slightly over but no junk food!
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 30 mins boot camp. Am proud of myself for exercising after work since I was feeling too lazy in the morning and went back to bed
    Tomorrow: keep trying to be consistent
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Tracked: No
    Calories: Over
    Water: Still working on it
    Exercise - just steps
    The Good: I seem to be a natural at adding extra steps in my day. People often kid me for never being in my office.
    The Bad: When I don't track, something inside me thinks it is o.k to over indulge on carbs of any kind.
    The Ugly: "Oh I better clean up the meeting food from our guests," really means, "oh look, there are extra pieces of bread or desserts just for me."
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Week 4
    User name - bethanie0825
    I can never remember my previous weight
    Current Weight 246
    Step for the 25th - 13,766

Back on moving. Back on tracking.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Week 4
    User name - bethanie0825
    I can never remember my previous weight
    Current Weight 246
    Step for the 25th - 13,766

Back on moving. Back on tracking.

Nice steps so far this week. Moving indeed!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Monday Check In
    Exercise - just steps
    The Good: I seem to be a natural at adding extra steps in my day. People often kid me for never being in my office.
    The Bad: When I don't track, something inside me thinks it is o.k to over indulge on carbs of any kind.
    The Ugly: "Oh I better clean up the meeting food from our guests," really means, "oh look, there are extra pieces of bread or desserts just for me."

I love your "ugly"!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: slightly over but no junk food!
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 30 mins boot camp. Am proud of myself for exercising after work since I was feeling too lazy in the morning and went back to bed
    Tomorrow: keep trying to be consistent

Sounds like a win for a Monday!
  • broncobuddee
    edited February 2019
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @kres567, I will be getting back in the game, and I think this is the week's weigh in that counts as the first one for March. Am I right? I do want to change my weigh in day to Tuesday, if that's ok. I'll send you my weight tomorrow. Message me if that isn't right.

Not @Kres567 - but yes, this week's weigh in is the starting weight for March. You're down in the "Team Support" of the spreadsheet right now so we'll record your week four there this week and then move you up next week (trading places with @tess5036 on the spreadsheet - LOL). Welcome back!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Weekend check in:

Calories - OVER! :(
    Water - not so much
    Exercise - not so much
    Goal for week: behave!!

Monday check in:

Calories - under
    Water - under
    Exercise - worked from home... so not much at all.
    Goal for tomorrow: Water & Walk
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-in, Sunday Plans

Phew! I got through yesterday. My son has been prepping for months for a science competition, and yesterday was the big regional meet. I got all my food planned and packed and stuck to the plan all day, despite the huge spread of sweets that other team parents brought and had out all day (10 feet from my chair). I also got in over 16K steps -- a good day for me -- and drank all my water, which took some focus to manage. I went to bed just a bit hungry, and woke up this morning super ready for a cup of coffee (am drinking it now; yum!).
    Bottom line: calories under, water on target (and I was aiming high), steps good (16K), no formal exercise

Sunday Plans
    1. Gym trip later today
    2. Food on plan
    3. Extra water
    4. Download some fun podcasts and do an outdoor walk later
    5. If time, add a yoga or Classical Stretch video workout
    6. Bedtime on time!

Good lord you amaze me. I find your will power, focus and determination very inspiring! I feel the same about @tess5036. You two women have had quite the journey. (Not to take away from all the other amazing people in this group.)

You must be so close to your goal. Would you feel comfortable to share how close?
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Saturday and Sunday check in
    Calories; both days over (but near maintiance)
    Water; Over
    Exercise; loads of spin
    Monday; Cardio and weights

Steps;
    23rd ; 6898
    24th; 8681

For March I need to move to the cheer squad, I need a month away from weighing in as I will be upping training, and then come back to in in April :) I'll still be here,m and supprt and check in and keep up with our lovely Fitbit group, just need to stay away from the scales for a few weeks :D

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to respond to your message you sent me! So happy you will still be here supporting and cheering us on!!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Monday check in..

Had a fabulous day. Calories excellent, water could have been a bit more, 14.5k steps with some weights. Happy with this.

@kres567 I am honoured to have inspired this week’s challenge. Lol. I have plenty good, bad and ugly! On a serious note, excellent idea for a challenge.

The good: Monday to Thursday I have it all together. I do all the things I should be doing.

The bad: I am not consistent with my workouts and I don’t weight train near enough. My core is in serious need of training.

The ugly....and it is ugly. My weekends. I eat too much junk, I don’t track and I don’t exercise. I need to work on this.

Lots of room for improvement.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Water: over
    Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good-I'm very confident that no matter how many times I tweak my eating plan I am never giving up and going back to where I used to be.

The Bad-I still need to make movement more of a priority. I'm pretty good with getting on the treadmill once a day and walking but then the rest of the day, I'm sitting. I need more movement throughout the day and need to figure out how to make that happen.

The Ugly-I still end up eating the wrong foods for me when I know that I shouldn't. Yes, I'm talking about sugar and empty crappy carbs. Really going to try to work on that.

Steps
    2/23-8712
    2/24-7152

Wow! It’s like our journey is a mirror of each other! I could have the same Good, Bad and Ugly as you!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Saturday Check-in, Sunday Plans

Phew! I got through yesterday. My son has been prepping for months for a science competition, and yesterday was the big regional meet. I got all my food planned and packed and stuck to the plan all day, despite the huge spread of sweets that other team parents brought and had out all day (10 feet from my chair). I also got in over 16K steps -- a good day for me -- and drank all my water, which took some focus to manage. I went to bed just a bit hungry, and woke up this morning super ready for a cup of coffee (am drinking it now; yum!).
    Bottom line: calories under, water on target (and I was aiming high), steps good (16K), no formal exercise

Sunday Plans
    1. Gym trip later today
    2. Food on plan
    3. Extra water
    4. Download some fun podcasts and do an outdoor walk later
    5. If time, add a yoga or Classical Stretch video workout
    6. Bedtime on time!

Good lord you amaze me. I find your will power, focus and determination very inspiring! I feel the same about @tess5036. You two women have had quite the journey. (Not to take away from all the other amazing people in this group.)

You must be so close to your goal. Would you feel comfortable to share how close?

I’ve been curious of how close you are too - do you have a number in mind yet that you want to share?
  • Kres567
    Options
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Monday Check In
    Exercise - just steps

I love your "ugly"!

That ugly is hilarious!! Totally me too!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Monday Check In
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: Gym workout: elliptical, circuit training, arctrainer; early morning walk; got in over 10k steps which is my goal right now.

The Good: I have planned main meals for the week; tried a new recipe tonight that was really good!

The Bad: my focus--can't seem to keep doing good for a long stretch yet

The Ugly: I've eaten a lot of things the last few months that have sabotaged my prior progress. BUT, it's over! I'm done with that nonsense. Time to start fresh.

Do share your recipe when you get a moment!
This discussion has been closed.