UTMom81
    Tuesday Weigh In (beginning for March)
    Current: 156

Great starting weight!!!!!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @sunshineplace I have the same challenge! I'm really good during the week, but the weekends are a train wreck and I think I eat more then than I do the entire week. Then I start the week despondent and frustrated with myself and even less likely to check in since I keep gaining weight. Am trying to get off this hamster wheel since its ineffective, but am not having much luck.

Have you tried tracking calories over a week, rather than daily. I have days where I eat under, and days where I eat over, but if I know I have a day I will find difficult (e.g, baking day, rest day, or family meal out) I'll front load and have a greater deficit for a few days giving me some wriggle room on the bad days.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily check in: Feb 25
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    water -over
    Exercise: aqua size 120 mins
    steps- 6105
    todays plan- swimming ,stay under 20 carbs,drink coffee and stay warm -30 here today

@digger61 - Boom! What a great exercise day!

"drink coffee" -- @19shmoo69 - This reminded me of you, and then I wondered if you were feeling any better today. I hope your coffee intake is increasing! ;-)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Tuesday check in and weigh in

Calories; under
    Water; over
    Exercise,; 30 mins B: Strong class, double spin class, Zumba, treadmill and weights. Knee is a little swollen, so easing on the running.
    Tomorrow; BodyCombat

Steps for 26th February; 12,265

Name; tess5036
    Weigh in day; Tuesday
    Week; 4
    Last week; 150
    This week; 150
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: right on target
    Exercise: not much. Only a short walk this morning and 7k steps
    Water: better but still not there yet
    Tomorrow: back to work (we’ve been closed due to terrible flooding), so do some stairs or run down to the elliptical for a few minutes. Lunch is already planned and packed.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @sunshineplace I have the same challenge! I'm really good during the week, but the weekends are a train wreck and I think I eat more then than I do the entire week. Then I start the week despondent and frustrated with myself and even less likely to check in since I keep gaining weight. Am trying to get off this hamster wheel since its ineffective, but am not having much luck.

@broncobuddee and Dee.....I know there are so many more out there that have this problem. The challenge is figuring out how to manage it. This is a work in progress for me. If I remember back to the fall when I was doing very well with weight loss I was allowing myself weekend indulgences and not beating myself up about them but I feel like I was in better control. Lately not so much. I need to find the happy medium.

@AustinRuadhain thank you very much for sharing. I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself. I have learned so much from your posts. I have book marked that article you posted about motivation by James Clear. I would like to explore more by him. That and the 13 hour fast that I have yet to discover more on. Keep posting!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »

Have you tried tracking calories over a week, rather than daily. I have days where I eat under, and days where I eat over, but if I know I have a day I will find difficult (e.g, baking day, rest day, or family meal out) I'll front load and have a greater deficit for a few days giving me some wriggle room on the bad days.

Thank you. Great idea. I am currently following Weight Watchers and I have extra points to use when I want them plus my activity points. Works well for me when I keep myself in check and don’t overspend my points. Plus I have changed my weigh in day one day earlier in the week so I can build up more activity points to spend on the weekend. Here’s hoping.

Thank you for sharing your journey. I had to look up how many pounds were in a stone. Lol. I am so inspired by the changes you made in your life and I aspire to be half the “work out” Queen that you are! And now marathons!!!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »

This sounds interesting!! I think I could cut back during the week to save a little extra for the weekend.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

Calories - under
    Water - under - but very good for me
    Exercise - Some walking. Would have been more if not for insanely cold windchill. Spring? Soon?? Please???
    Goal for tomorrow: Water & Walk
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 218.4
    Todays Weight: 217.0

Super happy to see the scale go down this week! Especially considering the birthday party that I went to on Saturday. :)

Steps:
    2/25-6204

Congrats! Do you think it was the intermittent fasting? I gave it a try but the scales didn’t move much. I didn’t find I was eating less just skipped breakfast.
  • Kres567
    Options
    @broncobuddee I am posting for @Jactop because she is unable to connect to MFP while on vacation.

@Jactop
    Monday

Steps
    Sunday the 24th 14,227
    Monday the 25th 17,101

So diligent of @jactop! I hope she is having a great vacation - very well deserved!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Steps for today - 11895
  • Kres567
    Options
    Thanks for the amazing posts today team! All of the great information shared is really motivating me as we close out another month. Looking forward to reading those articles on the train tomorrow.

Tuesday Check In
    Calories: under
    Water: under but not horrible. It’s so cold here I don’t feel like drinking much
    Exercise: nothing formal but close to 10K steps. @broncobuddee I will post in the spreadsheet

Goal for tomorrow:
    1. Treadmill workout at some point in the day.
    2. Going to try for a walk at lunch - going to be almost 0 degrees here tomorrow!!
    3. Stick to my meal plan - this has been a great success for me this week. Really kept me on target.
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/25 - 11,273
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Apologies, playing catch-up, but had a good week!

username wishusdonna
    weight-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 170
    current weight: 169

My logging hasn't been great because I've been on the move, but the moving has been awesome!

Thursday 21 15738 steps
    Friday 22 11551 steps
    Saturday 23 17408 steps
    Sunday 24 18127 steps
    Monday 25 9167 steps
    Tuesday 26 8749 steps

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Apologies, playing catch-up, but had a good week!

username wishusdonna
    weight-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 170
    current weight: 169

My logging hasn't been great because I've been on the move, but the moving has been awesome!

Thursday 21 15738 steps
    Friday 22 11551 steps
    Saturday 23 17408 steps
    Sunday 24 18127 steps
    Monday 25 9167 steps
    Tuesday 26 8749 steps
    Wow! You HAVE had a good week! Look at you go, girl!!!
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/26 - 12,458
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Daily Post tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise aquasize weights
    Water 104oz