Steps; 5,459
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check in
    Calories: Wayyyy over!!
    Water: under
    Exercise: not one little bit!

So, today I drove an hour both ways to see Gone With The Wind, which is a four-hour movie. So not much activity and I baggie full of trail mix was consumed in those four hours. :o But it was worth it and sometimes you just gotta go all out and take a day off from everything. Tomorrow, I will be back on the horse! B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @TeresaW1020 ! It sounds like you had fun with your movie!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Wednesday Check In
    Calories: over but only by 120
    Exercise: morning walk and some stairs at work, 10k steps
    Water: not enough unless you count coffee and Diet Coke. lol
    Tomorrow: Lots of meetings, so try to get in a longer walk before work, then look for ways to do little things during the day (wall sits, a little yoga, stairs, etc.)

@19shmoo69 and @broncobuddee would totally support and give a thumbs up to your “water” intake! 🤣🤣🤣

Coffee always counts for water intake.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Is there a link to the March chat?
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steps-2/27-9,307
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thanks for the great suggestions! I love apples so both sound delicious. Will definitely try them out
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    Calories - under
    Water - over
    Exercise - 45 mins taebo
    Tomorrow - try not to go overboard this weekend
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check in:

Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: nothing formal

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. More water
    2. More steps
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    @broncobuddee, it's good to know I'm not alone in this struggle! I'm trying to get better particularly at cutting out the snacking in front of the TV which is my biggest weakness. I'm trying to have tea instead which is working so far, but know I need to work on my addiction to processed sugar.

@Jaybo37 had suggested healthyish high fibre cereal as a snack at night if hungry and it really worked for me a couple of times. If felt like a treat and filled me up.

@dee_toronto - If you want another thing to try, my go-to snack is apple slices and walnut pieces. I make a 100 calorie snack out of 10 grams of walnut bits and about 55 grams of thinnish slices of my favorite apple. I put a walnut piece on an apple slice, and get a mouthful of sweet crisp apple and smooth rich walnut.

I am a huge fan of herbal teas, and some of those really do a great job of hitting the spot when I want something sweet. I often drink a cup of something like Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice in the evening. No calories, but the apple and cinnamon and spice flavors seem wonderfully indulgent.

Oh I love apple slices with peanut butter. Yum. And speaking of herbal teas I highly recommended licorice root tea. I hate black licorice but this tea is the bomb. Licorice root is naturally much sweeter than sugar but no calories in the tea. You do have to watch how much you consume though because it can cause high blood pressure if you drink a lot of it.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @broncobuddee I am posting for @Jactop

26th 20,201 steps
    27th 14,000 steps
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Thursday check in...
    Calories(or points in my case) were great. I even have a rollover left for tomorrow.
    Water was fantastic.
    Exercise stellar. 16,101 with a 50 min weight training session. I racked up some activity points today which I will be trading for cocktails and dinner out this weekend. 😁
    Goals for tomorrow: keep racking up those activity points, and keep doing what I’m doing well. Make at least one improvement during my weekend.

@TeresaW1020 I totally agree that sometimes you just gotta let it all go and enjoy.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: longer walk in the morning and was at the office (and out of meetings) long enough to sneak in an elliptical break. Hey, I figure if people can go out numerous times a day and smoke, then I can sneak in a 7-10 minute stint on the elliptical, right? AND, I refuse to take the elevator to it, so I get in 4 flights of stairs each way. ;-) Over 9.5K steps. Had I looked at that last night, I'd have done 400 steps around my house before bed. Also got in some wall sits.
    Water: Got in 64 oz of water (not counting coffee/Diet Coke), but didn't make it to 80. But that's an improvement.
    Tomorrow (really today since I'm late):
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. Another elliptical session.
    3. At least 64 oz water.
    4. Friday evening gym session???
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Are we starting the new conversation thread on Sunday?

Happy March everyone! So much closer to Spring now!

Also, if a spot opens up in the steps challenge (if we are still continuing it) I'm game. Do not want anyone to give up a spot for me though.
  • JenAWhite
    Options
    Steps 11322 2/28
  • JenAWhite
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Steps: -I need to be out for March!! I was so inspired by this step challenge that I copied it at work and have over 60 people in it. I’ll be logging all those, so better take a break logging steps here for the month. maybe @UTMom81 could have my spot!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Thursday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: longer walk in the morning and was at the office (and out of meetings) long enough to sneak in an elliptical break. Hey, I figure if people can go out numerous times a day and smoke, then I can sneak in a 7-10 minute stint on the elliptical, right? AND, I refuse to take the elevator to it, so I get in 4 flights of stairs each way. ;-) Over 9.5K steps. Had I looked at that last night, I'd have done 400 steps around my house before bed. Also got in some wall sits.
    Water: Got in 64 oz of water (not counting coffee/Diet Coke), but didn't make it to 80. But that's an improvement.
    Tomorrow (really today since I'm late):
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. Another elliptical session.
    3. At least 64 oz water.
    4. Friday evening gym session???

Great day Tami! And you are totally right about the smoke breaks!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Hey everyone - please star the new thread for March,. We will begin using it on Sunday.
  • Kres567
    Options
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Steps: -I need to be out for March!! I was so inspired by this step challenge that I copied it at work and have over 60 people in it. I’ll be logging all those, so better take a break logging steps here for the month. maybe @UTMom81 could have my spot!!

That’s amazing Jen! It’s great when we can influence others with our good habits.

I think (but not confirmed) that the step challenge may be paused for a while. Some of the captains are step tired from tracking and logging all of the steps.
This discussion has been closed.