WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well Feb was not a great weightloss month for me but if I can just kick this cold I will be ready to kick march butt
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GM AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS...GREG HERE ONE OF THE MODERATORS...
    I AM HER TO REMIND YOU THAT THE MODERATORS HAS BEEN POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD PLEASE CHECK AND SNAP A PHOTO OR TOO AND SHARE IT WITH US AT.....https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest

HAVE FUN WITH THIS CHALLENGE AND HAVE A GREAT MARCH
    GREG
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Sunday - Week 1
    Previous Weight: 168.3
    Current Weight: 167.8

I am still eating well, need to have a few more dr visits, but hopefully will get the "all clear" this week to start back at higher calorie deficit and exercising more. I would still like to hit my personal year-end goal of 150, but I will just have to be patient.

Sometimes life gives you lemons, and you just have to make unsweetened lemonade!

Have a great week everyone.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Steps
    3/2 9,771
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    We have a March thread ... do I need to start posting there please tag me admins if you can in other thread

Update steps for today Saturday 03/02- 13053

updated!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Update on closing out February ....

Only weigh-ins missing are:
    @Healthy67Chick (Wed)
    @kkmark (Wed) - kkmark DID ask to be inactive for March / return in April, so she might have started that sooner ....

@sue_01 (Friday)

Only steps missing are @sue-01 Friday and Saturday.

Thank you one and all for getting your reports in. I will make a final sweep of both the Feb thread and this one to double check that I haven't overlooked these.

• BMcC9
    Options
    Our topic themes for the day, on this Day 1 / Week 1 of a new F2F challenge include:

Success Sunday - how did things go for you last week / last month?
    Strategize Sunday - looking at your upcoming week, do you foresee any threats / challenging situations that you will need to work around? Ask us for brainstorming suggestions that might help get you through it.
    Self-Care / Positive Self-Talk Sunday - this ties back to the Moderator Challenge to start being kinder to ourselves. Succeeding long-term and in a sustainable way includes adjustments to internal attitudes and habits, as well as the more obvious eating / activity habits. What have you done JUST for yourself lately? How are you going to demonstrate kindness to YOURSELF this coming week?
    Set-Up-For-Success Sunday - positive actions you will take / took over the weekend to get yourself ready for the new week. (grocery shopping / advanced meal planning and/or bulk cooking&freezing for example)
    Silly Sunday (since we missed Silly Saturday yesterday - a joke, a funny meme, anything light and cheerful
    S - [anything else you can think of] Sunday.

• BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    For our new members ... I mentioned previously but will say again that your degree of participation in these themed-posts is entirely optional and only to your personal level of comfort.

But this IS a support group as well as a team-vs-team challenge. We are here to cheer each other / hug each other / brainstorm & strategize with each other about anything that you are finding difficult as an existing habit to change.

Even if you don't what to say much about yourself, please respond and contribute to posts from others.

And you don't have to stick to "That Day's Theme" ....
    If you need to vent, VENT!
    If you hit a NSV (Non-scale Victory) tell us right away so that we can all Happy-Dance with you!

This is YOUR chat-room. Every post helps shape the ongoing conversation.
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Strategize Sunday: While turning out drawers to discover what lighter clothes still fit / finally fit / no longer fit .... I unearthed an old mechanical pedometer (imagine that ... no batteries!) So I finally have a way to count steps outside the context of my exergame. I will be using March to get a sense of how many (non-gaming) steps I actually DO on average ... and see if they need concious topping up to get me into the vicinity of ~10,000 per day.

Success Sunday: And since MOST of my lighter clothes don't fit at all (including the ones I bought new last June for an overseas trip) I splurged on some BRAND NEW ones (not thrift-store finds like most of my ever-transitioning wardrobe) the tops are size SMALL and the pants are size EIGHT (8)!!!!!!

(yes it is a "relaxed fit" line, but still ...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Set-Up-For-Success Sunday:

I have been trying to find this in chart form for some time now ... "cause I can never remember the specifics.
    wd08cd6r2pi4.png

Please look it over, and as we move into a new month we should each determine what progress we have made so far - how far we each still have to go .... and whether our MFP profile expectations are still appropriately set to our new, current reality.

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Can I join the step challenge? I will start posting more.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Feb was crap, I did not make weight loss happen. March will be different. I intend to see a lower # at the beginning of April. No more mental resignation.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS
    IT WITH A SADDENED HEART THAT I AM PASSING ALONG TO YOU THAT STEVE'S @STEPLAJ MOTHER DIED THIS AFTERNOON. PLEASE KEEP STEVE AND HIS FAMILY IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS WE GO THROUGH OUR WEEK.
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    AFTERNOON TEAM

HEY WHEN YOU POST YOUR PICS ON HERE FOR YOUR BREAKFAST PLEASE ALSO POST THEM ON THE MOD CHALLENGE AS WELL
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest
    THANKS.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    For March, the Step Challenge will only be within this team. More than enough of you find it motivating on an ongoing basis.

I am posting a list of 1 - 10 ... please put your name beside a number if you want to participate. I am not auto-rolling names over, in case you want to pause for a month and concentrate on something else. @jugar is out of town, and I won't be adding my name this time.

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME The first thee people have already specifically asked about it.
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48

If all 10 slots are taken, you can STILL add your name below. There is no cap on the time size anymore.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    How fit are you? Use this tool to assess your fitness level and create a plan.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/fitness/art-20046433
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Success Sunday - February went well. I was down over 6 pounds. I was super excited today to try on some of my summer dresses that did not fit last year and they fit now. I was pretty excited and might have even felt a little cute. Success!!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    3/3 - 10,266
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Greetings team!
    I know some of you, especially new members, must be wondering what kind of an invisible co-captain I am. I promise that I will be back to spreadsheet duties and sharing the load with @BMcC9 soon! In fact I can start some tomorrow and will be sure to click the "insightful" button if I log your weigh-ins and that way we know it's done. I won't be back home until next Monday evening the 11th, so as of the 12th I promise to pull my weight (which will need some lowering after all this time away, with no cooking facilities until Wednesday...).

It sounds like things are going well - keep on posting and tracking, and becoming the awesome losers we know you can be 😁
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    For March, the Step Challenge will only be within this team. More than enough of you find it motivating on an ongoing basis.

I am posting a list of 1 - 10 ... please put your name beside a number if you want to participate. I am not auto-rolling names over, in case you want to pause for a month and concentrate on something else. @jugar is out of town, and I won't be adding my name this time.

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME The first thee people have already specifically asked about it.
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48
    4. @Astrue

If all 10 slots are taken, you can STILL add your name below. There is no cap on the time size anymore.

This discussion has been closed.