WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote:

I'm curious for those who have lost weight what did you do with your old bigger clothes. Did you let them go or hold on to them in case the weight crept back on?

Both! I have gone from a size 14 to a 4. I have given everything except size 6 clothes to Salvation Army. I have, however, packed the size 6 clothes away so I am not tempted to just put something a bit larger on should my current clothes get snug. I am really committed to never wearing them again but I just can't quite get myself to get rid of them. If I should get to the size 6 clothes, it will really be the wake up call that it is time to get back into an active weight loss program again,
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Bear479 wrote: Β»
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    Talk It Out Tuesday Need to vent? Something puzzling you? Have a question?

Let it loose. See what the combined knowledge and varied experiences of Team WaistAways can come up with to support and strategize.

(Which translates as "respond to others' posts")

I'm curious for those who have lost weight what did you do with your old bigger clothes. Did you let them go or hold on to them in case the weight crept back on?

I have kept one shirt from when I was at my largest just to remind myself once in awhile where I have come from, pat myself on the back/ be smug/ look in the mirror and gasp!
    The rest, to charity and to my girls to cut up and make A LOT of dolls clothes/costumes with.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday Need to vent? Something puzzling you? Have a question?

Let it loose. See what the combined knowledge and varied experiences of Team WaistAways can come up with to support and strategize.

(Which translates as "respond to others' posts")

I have kept one shirt from when I was at my largest just to remind myself once in awhile where I have come from, pat myself on the back/ be smug/ look in the mirror and gasp!

I sometimes wish I had kept JUST ONE shirt from my largest, as I also don't have a photo from then .... but I am already feeling smug / looking in the mirror and gasping when comparing with clothes from last June ... I will be keeping one of those ....
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

FEBRUARY WEEK 4 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 91.8 lbs or 0.30% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - Shrinking Assets - 0.66%
    2nd - WaistAways - 0.42%
    3rd - Weight No More - 0.24%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Shrinking Assets - 26.7
    2nd - WaistAways - 20.6
    3rd - Weight No More - 12.1

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @amsandos - 4.73%
    2nd - @iamworthy14 - 3.07%
    3rd - @Coleen312 - 2.97%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @evangsimmons170 - 8.4
    2nd - @amsandos - 7
    3rd - @KelGen02 - 6.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@KelGen02 @wilsonkellies @melissafeagins
    @evangsimmons170 @JenAWhite
    @DreaRN15 @Ashleigh1178

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 716,550
    2nd - WaistAways - 707,700
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 606,877
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    ilixebsoyq4n.png

FEBRUARY GRAND FINALE WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Shrinking Assets - 2.18%
    2nd - WaistAways - 1.86%
    3rd - Weight No More - 1.04%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - WaistAways - 93.2
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 90.0
    3rd - Weight No More - 53.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @Loriab901 - 7.95%
    2nd - @Coleen312 - 7.14%
    3rd - @Aint2Proud2Meg - 6.71%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @lindamtuck2018 - 14.8
    2nd - @Coleen312 - 14.3
    3rd - @Loriab901 - 14

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@cyndiesstuff @willrunformartinis @Astrue
    @lindamtuck2018 @AustinRuadhain
    @reflectionofme @abowersgirl

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Workout Warriors - 3,142,699
    2nd - Weight No More - 3,050,329
    3rd - WaistAways - 2,701,120
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Username: tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Week 1
    Weigh In Day Monday
    PW: 280.4
    CW: 279.8
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    twujunin31yw.jpg

For those of you who are new to our group or who have not had a chance to check in, we are doing a little mini challenge called "Green March Challenge" as we have Saint Patricks day coming this month. Some of us are going a step further and donating a certain amount per pound lost this month to a charity of our choice.

I've made a column in our spreadsheet for our GREEN MARCH CHALLENGE if anyone wants to participate let me or our team captains know so we can add your pledge in. The goal is to pledge a certain amount of LBS to lose for the month and to try our best to keep our numbers in the green all month long. Lets get the least amount of red in our spreadsheet this month.

So far I have...

@Astrue - 5
    @Perla4686 - 4
    @BMcC9 - 3
    @Connie7355 - 5
    @Kittu125 - 4
    @mari_moulin - 4
    @matthewsfive - 7
    @micki48 - 4
    @treebek - 4
  • mari_moulin
    edited March 2019
    Options
    MARCH GOALS!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Week 1:

Sun - πŸ’§πŸ“–
    Mon - πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŽπŸ’§πŸ“–
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 10,419
    Mon - 25,228
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

Sorry its taken me so long to check in. I have been so busy with appointments and errands and the kids that i havent had a moment to stop and hop on my computer. I haev not been doing great with food but my water and excersise have been good so far this week. My PMS is all over the place and i find i am constantly looking for food. I am trying my best to snack on healthy stuff but at the end of the day even that can be too much.

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @Bear479

"Might be time to purge the closet!"

Yep!! Well done!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I found the following step info of @sue_01

Please make sure it gets into the March TWA stepping record ...
    Step Challenge March

March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options

I got rid of them, except for a couple of warm coats I couldn't part with, and I altered a few things that I loved too much to get rid of. That did not work all the way to goal weight, but at least I got a bit more use out of them. For some, I gave them to relatives and friends, but mostly I just got them out of the house as fast as possible and vowed NEVER to go back. After spending for a new smaller wardrobe I was too broke to have to go out and buy bigger things again! I wish I had kept one big pair of pants or something, just to be able to pull them on over everything I have on with room to spare. I still get a kick out of the clothes I stole from my daughter that still fit!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Another cold snap started here today ....

bethos37wuo5.jpg

they saw the FB posting where he ADMITTED he lied ....
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Way to BEEEEEEEEE when closing out February, Team!

Can we keep our podium-mounting streak going this week / for the month?

Every ounce helps, no matter what your current pace of decline is ....

and if you were / are having issues with keeping your macros in the green, or getting your exercise time in for WHATEVER reason, we are here to help with advice and support.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS STEP TEAM
    This is what it looks like:

@micki48
    @astrue
    @kittu125
    @evangsimmons170
    @reflectionofme
    @sue_01
    @blackbeautysue
    @len1us
    @martinesther88
    @BMcC9

Unsure - @mari_moulin ? Are you tracking steps? Am I missing anyone? Is anyone on there who doesn't want to be?

The February team tracked 2,701,120 steps! We can beat that! The weather is getting better. I think.

Please go check on the spreadsheet and tell me if everything looks ok. I may have missed some steps postings. The are only from SUNDAY 3 March. Please post your numbers here so you can keep up and enjoy outdoing one another. The link to the spreadsheet is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uj1qTpBTlPo5T5Weqy47sOjWzXA4OPME_Fyytorsa_o/edit#gid=0 Go to all the tabs at the bottom of the screen, click on Waistaways, then scroll down until you get to the stepping team. It doesn't hurt to scroll back up and check that your weigh-ins are right, and to bask in the green glow of your success when you have a good week. Enjoy!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I won't be on the Step Team this month ... trying out something brand new (if I can just get up my nerve and ORDER the Digital content and dvd back-ups! Not even that expensive ... and I know I will love it ... )
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: Β»

The weather is getting better. I think.

see peeved cats above ... another cold snap started here today .... and they saw the FB post where the groundhog ADMITTED he had lied .....

• BMcC9
    Options
    Speaking of stepping ....

I had heard of Leslie Sansone's Walking Workouts, and maybe even seen a dvd or two in a store from time to time. Is anyone familiar with her style and material?

On the weekend, I bought what I THOUGHT was a second-hand digital pedometer at the thrift store (with her branding on it) But on closer inspection, I discovered that this seems to be more like the vehicle for her Digital Downloadable products.

This appears to have come pre-loaded with:
    β€’energy boosting walk.amv
    β€’five-hundred step walk.amv
    β€’health booster walk.amv

With warmer weather possibly showing up by the end of NEXT month .... something that gets me burning my calories OUTSIDE for a change would expand my (anticipated) maintenance activity options. And I KNOW I would respond better to audio-guided walking and music at a suitably brisk pace better in terms of frequency and actually getting out and DOING it than "just ... briskly(?) ... walking" much the same routes around my house over and over.

I am not very into personal device type digital-anything content or apps (don't even own a "dumbphone" personal cell) and I have no current experience with any of Leslie Sansone's programs.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I won't be on the Step Team this month ... trying out something brand new (if I can just get up my nerve and ORDER the Digital content and dvd back-ups! Not even that expensive ... and I know I will love it ... )

well .... I did it. I ordered and started viewing - trying out the dynamic dance-based core workout .... the muscle memory is still with me, but yes this IS gonna make me work!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Please make sure it gets into the March TWA stepping record ...
    Step Challenge March

March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300

Sorry I am not sure where to put these steps
This discussion has been closed.