Jp's omad journey

Replies

• futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    I echo Steph. My body always fights me to lose on the scale when I exercise a lot. Maybe you need to lower the intensity a bit?
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I third that on the exercise.....when i start to spin it gives me &(&(* and the scale goes up....I bet I could fast for week and spin and still gain weight!!!

Stay with your plan it will come off!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am planning on getting more active with the exercise. I hope it doesn't cause too much gain. In either case it is good for me and will eventually balance out.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    My latest chart :(

32hbw1i9obcl.png

@mistymeadows2005 - Yes, plateau is just nasty and depressing :( However, I will not give up. I am also trying NOT to exercise a lot. That's why I have started playing ping pong (table tennis) with my son. So, instead of 45 mins of hardcore aerobics, I am playing table tennis. We will see how it will go with light exercising :)

That sounds fun and I'd imagine would do the trick if the exercise was what's killin' ya :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @futuredrbri - Yes, I have just change my exercise routine and now have begun playing ping pong with my son. Its pretty low intensity. Hopefully it will help :)

@volgirl1322 - I did spin classes before too but I didn't enjoyed it as much as aerobic classes. My instructor loved touching our butts and its a huge no-no for me....my friends call me "old-fashion". Yes, I will not give up till I break this plateau. :)

@LadyBlanks - I was always told that less food, more exercise and wham! bam! the weight will be gone. However, it ain't true for me. Good luck with your exercises. Am sure you will do awesome with MS March :)

@mistymeadows2005 - I surely hope so :) I am also enjoying my family bonding time with my kids while we play ping pong. <3

Week: 32
    CW: 61.5kg (135.5lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers :)

OMG, its the last day of Feb 2019. So excited to participate in the MS March with the girls :) Thanks so much Tracy for doing this for us all <3

We are going to experience some really HOT weather for the next 2 days :( Its going to be 40°C (104°F) for 2 days. Today, its slightly better, 36°C (96.8°F). My kids were asking if there's school and I told them that the temperature will have to get over 45°C before it closes... :lol:

A happier day today :) Loss 0.3lb (0.66lbs) :) Even though its just a tiny bit...I will take it :)

Looking forward to MS March :)<3

Have a wonderful Thursday :)

• volgirl1322
    Congrats on your loss, I am happy for you.
    Dang.....that is hot.....wouldn't like it that hot at all......stay cool!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Congratulations on your loss...Slow and Steady wins the race. The small losses add up to big losses - stay encouraged and keep cool
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE LOSS babe! That weather sounds worse than ours...and I'd chew off my own arm to escape the cold right now LMAO
  • futuredrbri
    Congrats on the loss, girl!
  • jadepearl
    edited March 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thanks <3 Its going to hotter today :(

@LadyBlanks - Thanks <3 Yup, slow and steady and never give up :)

@mistymeadows2005 - Thanks <3 I will have your cold weather any time, gf :)

@futuredrbri - Thanks <3

Week: 33
    CW:
    March 1 - 61.7kg
    March 2 - 61.3kg

Its a hot hot hot Saturday here. A total fire ban for the whole country! Its going to be another dreadful day today :(

Weight-wise, my weight went up by 0.2kg on 1st March and went down 0.4kg on 2nd March. So, the "1 step forward, 2 steps back" dance has begun again. :weary: Hopefully, March 2019 is the last time I dance this dance. *fingers cross*

On the exercise front, it was just too hot to exercise yesterday and I guess today will be just the same. So, no exercises for today either.

I OMAD at 12pm today with a bowl of Homemade Ramen Fish Cake Soup (482 calories), a small turkish delight fudge (100 calories) and cold milo drink (270 calories). The total calories for today is 852 calories.

I will just write down my MS March post here and copy & paste it on the other thread.

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 1 Mar 2019
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 59kg (130lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 61.7kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 10 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): None
    Hours slept: 7 hours but only really slept for 5 hours. Too hot to sleep :(
    Description/Photo of Meals: Homemade Nasi Biryani With Chicken Thigh with peas, long beans, cabbage & carrots (877 calories)
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: The weather is just too hot these past few days. Have been drinking lots of liquid to cool down. Made sure that I don't use salt in my cooking as I am afraid of water retention. Still gained 0.2kg...really need to see what's going on.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend, girls! <3
  • volgirl1322
    Awesome on the MM start. Hoping it cools down some for you, that sounds brutal.
  • futuredrbri
    Here's to you finishing the dance this month!
  • jadepearl
    edited March 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thanks <3 According to the forecast, we will have better weather by next week since its now Autumn here. Fingers cross :smile:

@futuredrbri - Thank you <3

Good evening OMADers :)

It has been a hot hot weekend for us here! :weary: Hopefully, the weather will be better the following week :)

CW: 60.8kg (134lbs)

Woke-up this morning and weighed myself. I was thinking that I would be doing the dance again and I guess Mr. Scale is just being kind. I am 0.5kg down. Hopefully, its REAL and not some trickery. We shall see tomorrow. Fingers cross!

We tend to eat out on Mondays too as we need to do our weekly shopping. Today, I shared a HSP (Halal Snack Pack) with my hubby. I am not sure if you guys have HSP in the US. A HSP is, at one level, simply chips, halal kebab chicken & lamb meat, cheese, and a trio of sauces in a styrofoam box. Its around 1200 calories per box. As I am sharing it with my hubby and I only ate 70% of the chicken with 1 roti and didn't touch the chips or lamb, I will just say I ate around 500 calories. I also ate some Arnott's Shapes Crackers (246 calories) and drank a frozen coke (98 calories). The total - 844 calories.

As for exercises, I played ping pong with my son today.

Sure hope that I won't see 61 anymore....please.

Going to post my MS March now:

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 2 Mar 2019
    Weight Goal for the Month:
    59kg (130lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 61.3kg (135.1lbs)
    Height: 160cm (5 foot 2)
    Today’s Water Consumed: 8 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): None
    Hours slept: 9 hours but only really slept for 6 hours. Too hot to sleep again :(
    Description/Photo of Meals: Homemade Ramen Fish Cake Soup (482 calories), a small turkish delight fudge (100 calories) and cold milo drink (270 calories). The total calories for today is 852 calories.
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Yeah...I did loose 0.4kg :)

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 3 Mar 2019
    Weight Goal for the Month
    : 59kg (130lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 61.3kg (135.1lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: 9 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Walking (around 9100 steps)
    Hours slept: 10 hours but only really slept for 7 hours. Too hot to sleep again :(
    Description/Photo of Meals: Mc Chicken & Cheese (432 calories), fries (206 calories), no sugar Coke (0 calories) and a Mars Bar (260 calories). The total - 898 calories
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Must be strong! Must not fall off the wagon!

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Monday :)

• volgirl1322
    You are doing great! Hoping the scale continues to play nice for you and that it cools down! It was 19 here this morning, but may be 70 by the end of the week....Weather in TN is crazy!!! Stay cool!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Praying that scale stay cooperative for ya lady! You got this!

Random thought... Do you drink at all? Sometimes a random few glasses of wine helps shake things up for me...i had some cocktails on Friday and when I weigh in tomorrow I'm pretty much expecting that to help me a bit this week lol
  • futuredrbri
    Same thing happens to me, @mistymeadows2005 but only with wine or low carb cocktails. I did NOT have a low carb cocktail at lunch today so I'm sure that isn't doing me any favors. But yes, maybe a glass or two will help release some of that water, Jp!
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Wow, the weather sure sounds crazy there too. TN is Tennessee , right?

@mistymeadows2005 - Nope, I don't drink. When I was in college, I did tried once but didn't like it at all. So, never touch another glass from then on. I love drinking tea and sometimes no sugar coke or pepsi though :)

@futuredrbri - It would be a bit hard as I don't drink.. :lol:

CW: 60.8kg (134lbs)

Weighed myself today and was preparing to see 61 but Mr Scale is still kind to me...maintain at 60.8kg :) Had to break my fast early today as my daughter's school has a Big Breakfast fundraising event. I had 1 pancake with maple syrup (299 calories), 2 toasts (200 calories), 2 fried eggs (180 calories) and OJ (262 calories). Total calories - 941.

As for exercise, might be playing ping pong with my son this evening. :)

Will now post my MS March:

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 4 Mar 2019
    Today’s Weight: 60.8kg (134lbs)
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Walking (around 8154 steps)
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Shared a HSP Chicken & Lamb (500 calories), Arnott's Shapes Crackers (246 calories) and drank a frozen coke (98 calories). The total - 844 calories.
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Must stay focus and on track!

Have a wonderful Tuesday :)
  • volgirl1322
    Yes TN is Tennessee country music, cowboy hats and crazy weather :)…..18 this morning, and should be 72 by Saturday.....LOL.....

What is a frozen coke? Is it like an icee? It sounds yummy!

You are doing great on your plan - just adjust when necessary......omg pancakes sound sooooo good!!!!
  • futuredrbri
    Great job maintaining! I hope you never see 61 again!
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - We can be considered a cowboy/girl town too as we are 205km from Melbourne and a huge number of our folks are farmers. You will surely see cowboy boots, hats and country music here too. I think frozen coke is the same as icee.
    6idkzujmbuq1.jpg

@futuredrbri - Thank you <3 Yes, I am crossing my fingers and toes...no more 61 :)

W:33
    CW: 60kg (132.2lbs)

I wasn't going to weigh myself today as we have been having such a crazy weather. My kiddos have fallen sick due to this weather. Have been busy taking care of them and cooking for them. Kids can be very choosy when they are sick. However, hubby insisted that I weigh myself. He loves to carry me each morning ( he often thinks that he is Mr Scale...lol) and he said that I have loss weight. So, I did and OMG, Mr Scale shouted 60kg. Couldn't believe my eyes, so I have to weigh myself again...2x more. Mr Scale has been really kind :)

No one will believe me but its true. We had snow yesterday. Not us here in our little country town, but up in the mountains. Told several friends of mine but they said I was bullshitting. Well, when they saw the news, they texted me and said I was not joking at all. Seriously, this year's weather is totally crazy.

qtecpmhpn9c3.jpg

OMAD-wise, I broke my fast at around 11am this morning. Had kimchi noodles with fishcakes, crabstick & lots of veggies (639 calories). I also managed to baked some cinnamon rolls as hubby and I have been longing for it. I had 1 cinnamon roll (240 calories) and some grapes (61 calories). The total calories - 940 calories.

I don't think there will be any ping pong this evening as my kids are still under the weather. I really hope and pray that the weather will start to settle a little as its really hard for the kids. So many kids and elderly had asthma attack yesterday due to dust storms and our crazy weathers. :(

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 5 Mar 2019
    Today’s Weight: 60.8kg (134lbs)
    Today’s Water Consumed: 7 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Nil
    Hours slept: 6 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: 1 pancake with maple syrup (299 calories), 2 toasts (200 calories), 2 fried eggs (180 calories) and OJ (262 calories). Total calories - 941
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Must stay focus and on track! Crazy weather ain't helping much either.

MS March 2019
    Today’s Date: 6Mar 2019
    Today’s Weight: 60.3kg (132.9lbs)
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): Nil
    Hours slept: 5 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Singapore Mee Bandung (517 calories), hedgehog slice (200 calories) & grapes (61 calories). Total - 778 calories
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Must stay focus and on track! Crazy weather and kids fell sick :(

Got to run now....have to pick the kids up from school!

Take care! <3