March 2019 group?

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Week 1, run 2, done! Enjoyed it this morning.... hoping it's as fun early before work on Tuesday!
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Well done everyone. We are getting there. It feels lovely to have ticked off another session doesn't it.
    Was hoping to start week 2 today but it doesn't look like I will fit it in, so it will be Monday. I find it hard to fit in as I have to have someone to mind my children. But I am determined so I will make it happen.
    Good tip on the running a bit slower. I need to take that on board.
    W2D1 for me is 1.5 mins running + 2 mins walk x 4 times and 1 min running + 1 min walk x 2 times. So 8 mins running again. Is yours the same ?
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,359 Member
    I think mine is just 90 sec run and 2 m walk on repeat - 20m not including warm up
  • christeenah89
    christeenah89 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone, I’ve been meaning to start this for a while. I’m hoping that joining a group and posting will give me the motivation and the commitment to actually do it!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I think mine is just 90 sec run and 2 m walk on repeat - 20m not including warm up

That is what mine was on week 2

• emmamcgarity
    Week 5 run 1 complete - 5 minute warmup walk. Followed by three 5 minute runs with 3 minute recovery walks, then 5 minute cool down walk. Felt good. Kept an easy pace. I ran at a public park on a jogging trail and took time to notice others were also running slowly. Very few were really running fast.
  • kilobykilo
    Week 5 run 1 complete - 5 minute warmup walk. Followed by three 5 minute runs with 3 minute recovery walks, then 5 minute cool down walk. Felt good. Kept an easy pace. I ran at a public park on a jogging trail and took time to notice others were also running slowly. Very few were really running fast.

Congratulations! Sounds like you're doing fantastically!
  • Coffeeonice
    Well I have completed W2 D1. I found it ok. Not sure when I will get next one in but hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. I want to keep going now that I have the momentum!
  • Coffeeonice
    Hello everyone, I’ve been meaning to start this for a while. I’m hoping that joining a group and posting will give me the motivation and the commitment to actually do it!

Go for it. It is really helpful to come and log your run. Keeps you motivated!

• Coffeeonice

Well done. You are doing really well!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I had a very busy weekend volunteering for a local charity gala, so no running. Will try to get back at it today!
  • kilobykilo
    Run three for me tomorrow..... although just walked home from work faster than I 'Run' at present 🤣
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    I'll join!
    I completed the c25k last year in July and did my 5k in 38 minutes. I really wish i'd kept up with it. I haven't run since so i'm going to start again on 19th March (9 weeks until my cousins wedding as i'd like to complete it before then) My running days will be Tuesday, Thurday, Friday. I'll let you know how I get on!
    Kepp up the good work for everyone whos started :)
  • kilobykilo
    Run three is going to be tomorrow, my calf muscles are really tight and soles of my feet sore..... hoped they'd fix overnight so I could still go out and run but don't want to set myself up for a fail so moved it on a day!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I did w2d1 yesterday, slow and steady. Ended up with 1.78 miles total including the warm-up and cool down.
  • christeenah89
    christeenah89 Posts: 7 Member
    W1D1 completed!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited March 2019
    @kilobykilo I've had very tight calf muscles as well- and slightly tender behind/above my left heel... have upped my stretching and incorporated some eccentric heel stretches in as recommended by a runner mfp pal.

@Just_Ceci slow and steady wins the race! I made a concerted effort to slow down again tonight to give my joints and ligaments a fighting chance - don't want to burn out before I'm fairly started and have had a few niggles and aches already. It's hard to know what's normal and what to push through isn't it?

@christeenah89 well done for starting!

W2D1 complete! o:)
  • kilobykilo
    Full on blister on my sole, hoping it'll be okay for a run tomorrow, but am hobbling at the moment!

Well done everyone getting the runs in!
  • emmamcgarity
    Week 5 run 2 complete
  • kilobykilo
    edited March 2019
    Ok skipping week one day three.... have a less walk heavy day today which should help with the blisters but not gonna run again until Friday and go straight in with week 2 day 1 to keep on plan, won't be skipping runs in later weeks though!