March 2019 group?

Coffeeonice
Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
Hi all, I am starting the couch to 5k (again) this week. I am determined to finish it this time around and have no reason not too.
Would love some support from others who have started around the same time.
Is there a March 2019 group that I can join? I have had a look but could only fina a January group and those guys will be way too far ahead.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I will commit to joining you. Maybe this will motivate me to get moving! I will start tomorrow!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, I started in January and finished in February. You can do this! Post your progress and we'll cheer you on
  • Coffeeonice
    Thank you both. I need a bit of accountability to make sure I stick at it this time.
    Well done on completin it @stoked2b! I am hoping to be in the same position by April or May.
    Would be delighted if you started too @Just_Ceci.
    I have just completed W1D1 and plan to do W1D2 on Wednesday.
    Have you started?
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,353 Member
    My other half and I have committed to starting this tomorrow - every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday is the plan
  • Just_Ceci
    pratainua wrote: »
    Thank you both. I need a bit of accountability to make sure I stick at it this time.
    Well done on completin it @stoked2b! I am hoping to be in the same position by April or May.
    Would be delighted if you started too @Just_Ceci.
    I have just completed W1D1 and plan to do W1D2 on Wednesday.
    Have you started?

I did W1D1 on Saturday. Winter is back in full force today. I will try again tomorrow, even if on a treadmill at the gym.
  • Coffeeonice
    Fantastic. It is great to have a few starting around the same time.
    Good start @Just_Ceci. I am going to do W1D2 tomorrow. I am doing it outside. So fingers crossed it is dry!
    @VanVanDiane keep us posted on how you and your other half are doing.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Me me! I need something to help me stick to this! Not going to manage day one until Friday and will likely have to do Friday, Sunday, Tuesday as my days..... but I'm in!
  • VanVanDiane
    W1D1 is done - and man was it cold running in the dark! I'll be glad when British summertime kicks in at the end of the month and the clocks go forward an hour - it'll be much more pleasant to run in daylight! How are you doing @pratainua and @Just_Ceci ?
  • VanVanDiane
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Me me! I need something to help me stick to this! Not going to manage day one until Friday and will likely have to do Friday, Sunday, Tuesday as my days..... but I'm in!

Yay another one! The more the merrier...
  • kilobykilo

Yay another one! The more the merrier...

I did the first two days a couple of weeks ago and then lost momentum..... need something like this for accountability!
  • kilobykilo
    W1D1 is done - and man was it cold running in the dark! I'll be glad when British summertime kicks in at the end of the month and the clocks go forward an hour - it'll be much more pleasant to run in daylight! How are you doing @pratainua and @Just_Ceci ?

Well done! I'm planning mine around days off / late starts..... would never be able to persuade myself to head out in the dark after work!
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Thanks for inviting me! I will get started maybe tomorrow!
  • kilobykilo
    Which app is everyone using?
  • VanVanDiane
    Which app is everyone using?

I'm using the Zenlabs one, with Mapmyrun to measure distance as (weirdly) it doesn't do that
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I started in February using the NHS podcasts instead of an app. Completed my first run in week 4 last night.
  • Just_Ceci
    I did w1d2 yesterday.

I'm using the RunDouble C25K app. I bought the full version years ago and love it!
  • VanVanDiane
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    I need to restart the Couch to 5K is it too late to join in?

Of course not!
  • kilobykilo

I'm not doing my first run til Friday!
  • kilobykilo
    Am I the only one that loses long messages!? Typed one out twice about the different apps / podcasts and both times hit 'done at the top instead if 'post reply' because it was no l longer visible so I forget about it..... need to learn and remember not to do that
  • kilobykilo

I'm not doing my first run til Friday!

Awesome, I'll start my first on Friday :smiley:

Fab! I'm going for Friday, Sunday, Tuesday run days