WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Andrea, I feel for you. I'm also a little 'stuck in a rut' trying to switch myself back on, since I slipped up on the weekend. I've got too many temptations around me and struggling to stay away (pizza and chips for the kids tonight 😒)
    I'm weighing in tomorrow and hoping that will give me the push i need.
    So happy you're feeling better, that's the most important thing!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Talk it out Tuesday.

As you know I’ve had a few health challenges of late.. as a result I was stressed the last few weeks and wasn’t eating as well as I was earlier in the year.

Although I’ve now been told that I am “in the clear” I am finding it tough to get my motivation back.

I’m not beating myself up about it, but it isn’t really very rational. I’m sticking to my food logging, so if I eat four cookies it goes in. But I need to figure out a way to flip the switch back to the mindset I had earlier this year..

Just needed to vent, thanks for your support.

Do you have a friend who you would be willing to open your food diary to ... who might be able to suggest one minor tweak to start with? If you don't want to open your diary to just anybody, or not even to ALL your friends, you can put a "lock" on it and only give the "combination" to the one person you wish to grant access to. (I can send you a screen-shot of where that setting-decision is if you need it)

This week's Moderator Challenge is all about the mental reset(s) that support never "quitting" again. Here is the link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again/p1?new=1

Read what is already there, and consider chiming in. Especially read the first two days about
    • re-framing what has already happened as "lessons learned / valuable data on what has or hasn't been successful for you"
    • how to focus more on a higher percentage of doing what you DO want to do as your "strategy of choice". eg. if the treadmill is just not your thing, get off it and do something else instead .... what did you LIKE to do as a child?"

Today is about layering .... or making only ONE incremental change at a time rather than all-or-nothing thinking.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ugh, super stressful week. Sick child. Weight bounce in spite of working my rear off. Bounce caused me to temporarily lose my mind and make bad food choices for a few days. I'm trying to pull it back together. My first gain over the course of a week since joining this group. And honestly, this is lower than where I was on Saturday. I know it doesn't matter in the long run, but still difficult.

Astrue
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 143.5
    CW 144.9
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks @BMcC9.. Not quitting, no way! I think the whole being in a tough situation just got me a bit down. I’m still having some anxiety at night. So I am eating again later in day which calms me. Since no alcohol allowed ever again!

Stopping evening eating really the one key to it because that’s generally the less healthy food..
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    I know we said we're doing something different with the step challenge this month, but I didn't see a spreadsheet for it, neither did I see a response to my post early yesterday morning with my steps for last week.

Sorry I have been just checking them off (look for an "insightful"), and not writing messages. All the steps are in - they are just on our normal spreadsheet for the month. Keep on scrolling down and you'll see them in all their glory! I am back home at last as of late last night, and should be able to communicate more.
  • jugar
    Options
    It is good to be back! I only really missed one day, but it feels like a lot is happening. I came home to HUGE snow, and had a good time out on the snowshoes today to get the kinks out after yesterday's car - airplane - bus - metro - bus - car marathon. Felt good.

I am also with all of you who are in a bit of a slump and trying to get back on track. I had a fantastic almost 3 weeks with my daughter, from the 5 day road trip to, the moving in to her new home, to getting to know a new town and all its little ways. We got along SO well, and had a blast, but we ATE as if we were both her age. We also did some good tough exercise sessions, but I now need to

TRACK EVERYTHING

for a while again. And stop eating like a 20-something.

So both motivation Monday and talk-it-out Tuesday:
    What has motivated me most in the past is how great it feels when I just do it. The only workout to regret is the one I didn't do. The meals to regret are the ones I didn't plan, portion, and STOP when it is time to stop. But it also helps to remember that this feeling is easy to get back to every time. So that's what I am doing.

The Tuesday part is missing all the great girl energy I have enjoyed for this time with my daughter. I love the hubby and my awesome son, but it's not the same! I'm going to have to make a special effort to see my friends and enjoy the flow of talk that is so easy and warm. Where I live, I tend to get isolated, so I will have to push myself to connect more often now that my girl doesn't live 15 minutes away anymore.

Let's get through the mid-month slump together! It is easier to be inspired at the beginning of the month and in the rush up to the finish - we can do something about this middle. One little layer, one small thing - I like the idea. <3

• jugar
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING!

You missed me nagging yesterday, I know you did...

Overdue weigh-ins yesterday and due today:
    @LiLee2018
    @MoStacy
    @tdrjustus3
    @NikkiDT9211

Heads up! Due tomorrow (Wednesday):
    @Healthy67Chick
    @Nicolajw00
    @offitgoes
    @Perla4686

STEPPING TEAM:
    @Astrue and @Blackbeautysue - I don't see any updates since last Wednesday. You still in? Did I miss them? sometimes messages slip through the cracks, but if you're still counting steps, post or re-post your numbers!

thanks!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Tip- I had a lot of medical issues last year, and I new even though I could not lose weight due to medication it was very important to log my food and stay positive.
  • Astrue
    Options
    Steps
    3/3 8,303
    3/4 13,674
    3/5 9,714
    3/6 9,725
    3/7 8,388
    3/8 5,862
    3/9 6,911
    3/10 6,184
    3/11 6,550
  • jugar
    Options
    Astrue wrote: »
    Steps

3/7 8,388
    3/8 5,862
    3/9 6,911

Thanks! I had to laugh -- the 1st 3 of your numbers that I added all have parts of current or old phone numbers. 838, then 5862 (the whole thing!) and then the next one had 911! I think I need to get some more exercise or something :blush:
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Andrea, I feel for you. I'm also a little 'stuck in a rut' trying to switch myself back on, since I slipped up on the weekend. I've got too many temptations around me and struggling to stay away (pizza and chips for the kids tonight 😒)
    I'm weighing in tomorrow and hoping that will give me the push i need.
    So happy you're feeling better, that's the most important thing!

Thanks very much! Yes being well is the most important thing!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Thanks @BMcC9.. Not quitting, no way! I think the whole being in a tough situation just got me a bit down. I’m still having some anxiety at night. So I am eating again later in day which calms me. Since no alcohol allowed ever again!

Stopping evening eating really the one key to it because that’s generally the less healthy food..

Thinking again about your post today.. so although I need to stop eating at night, I am going to think about how to break that down in smaller steps and do one step at a time, if I can't figure out a way to go cold turkey.

Thanks again @BMcC9!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/13- 6,211
    Didnt get my 10,000 in but i will tomorrow! 😉
  • Astrue
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Astrue wrote: »
    Steps

3/7 8,388
    3/8 5,862
    3/9 6,911

Thanks! I had to laugh -- the 1st 3 of your numbers that I added all have parts of current or old phone numbers. 838, then 5862 (the whole thing!) and then the next one had 911! I think I need to get some more exercise or something :blush:

That's nuts!
  • nicolajw00
    nicolajw00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HOUSEKEEPING!

You missed me nagging yesterday, I know you did...

Overdue weigh-ins yesterday and due today:
    @LiLee2018
    @MoStacy
    @tdrjustus3
    @NikkiDT9211

Heads up! Due tomorrow (Wednesday):
    @Healthy67Chick
    @Nicolajw00
    @offitgoes
    @Perla4686

STEPPING TEAM:
    @Astrue and @Blackbeautysue - I don't see any updates since last Wednesday. You still in? Did I miss them? sometimes messages slip through the cracks, but if you're still counting steps, post or re-post your numbers!

thanks!

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in wednesday
    PW: 191.6
    CW:190.2
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 7,768
    Monday 8,233
    Tuesday 9,324
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options

Thinking again about your post today.. so although I need to stop eating at night, I am going to think about how to break that down in smaller steps and do one step at a time, if I can't figure out a way to go cold turkey.

Thanks again @BMcC9!

I just saw the following on my wall .... do you think it might help as one of the layers? (maybe a later one after you work on the substitution bit?

Leaving a message to myself as an alarm on my phone may have helped me finally kick my late evening snacking. Walking through the door after work in the evening is a trigger for me to snack. I have for years had the habit of saving sweets that I have been craving all day for the evening when I get home. Now that I've been eating healthy, whole foods, I have swapped my sweets with healthy snacks. But that urge to snack mindlessly has been setting me over my calorie budget 100-200 calories almost daily. Then I comfort myself by saying "it was healthy, and only a few calories, so it's not that bad." Now its the last habit I need to kick to reach my goal weight and fitness level. I noticed that Id promise to stay on track in the morning when my willpower is strong, then fail to keep the promise when the tired, evening me is in charge. So, I left an alarm set from the strong willed, motivated, me to go off right when I get home that says "You got this!" which motivates me to stay on track when I need it most

Speaking of substitutions ... WHAT CATEGORY/ COMBO of "less healthy food" do you find yourself reaching for? are you craving greasy? salty? crunchy-like-chips? sweet? slippery-smooth-like ice-cream? Let us know so we can chime in with possible "greener" day-to-day options. (eg if "greasy-salty-crunchy", swap out chips and swap in air-popped popcorn and add butter-flavoured sprinkles like Molly McButter. If ice-cream, make popsicles out of yoghurt-based smoothies.

Then (in advance) start with that in your food diary, and work the pre-planning backwards to make it fit. That's how I worked in the home-made scone I will having for afternoon snack today ...
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh In Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 177
    CW: 177.6
This discussion has been closed.