CW: 158
    Height: 5'8"
    March goal: 156.5
    Ultimate goal weight: 153

March 4: 158.5
    March 11: 158
    March 18:
    March 25:

Not sure if it's just chance, but I'm happy to be down a half pound. Thank you for the advice @Cora0477 and @annepan001 !! We still ate out a lot this weekend but I ate smaller portions and chose different, lower calorie options. I told my husband I'm not eating out for the next 2 weeks to try to reset and see what kind of food I actually want. He seemed surprised but it shouldn't be that big of a deal since he's out of town this coming weekend anyway. I also ran a couple times to offset the extra calories a little bit, and of course because I felt like it. Otherwise good luck getting me to run if I'm not in the mood or being chased :)

We looked at a golden retriever puppy this past weekend :) so fluffy and adorable. I think getting a dog would be kind of a hassle but all the extra walking could be great especially now that it's getting warmer.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Original starting weight: 170
    Ultimate goal: Around 140 lbs
    March goal: 153 lbs
    Current Weight: 156.2

March 3: 155.0
    March 10: 156.6
    March 17:
    March 24:

Somehow I can't break through 155, much less get below it or even stay at it. grrrr... Ran 8 miles yesterday, you'd think that would help, but no.
  • helainadmetcalf
    helainadmetcalf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Original starting weight: 136 lbs/25.7% Body Fat
    Ultimate goal:112 lbs/14% BF
    March goal: 122 lbs/21% BF
    Current (start of March) Weight: 126.8 lbs /22.8% BF

March 2: 126.8 lbs/22.8% BF
    March 8: 125.7 lbs/22.5% BF
    March:
    March:

Hey gals! Glad I found this group. Finished law school last May and decided it was finally time to to get that law-school-25 off of my body, and get back to feeling good about my body again. I weighed 112 lbs (14% body fat) on my wedding day and on my first day of law school (one week apart). My goal is to get back there.

I am no stranger to fitness, but I am a stranger to weight loss, as weight is something I never used to struggle with. Throw womanhood, law school, and a thyroid/autoimmune disorder into the mix, and suddenly, I have to learn how to do this weight loss thing. I lost 10 lbs due to stress (Bar Exam) over last summer, but I gained it all back! Tried the low carb game very exhaustingly for awhile, and gave up. Finally realized I was going to have to do the classic and proper calorie cutting and exercise. I overdid it on the calorie deficit and plateaued, but I finally found the right balance and now I'm really killing it! I've lost 10 lbs and 3.2% body fat since January 1 and I feel better than I have in a long time.

I'm a lifelong runner, but lately I've felt a bit burnt out on running. So my husband and I bought Beachbody On Demand, and will start our second week of Insanity today. The strength and cardio combo feels awesome, and we can already see a difference.

I was hoping to be losing about 2 lbs a week, but I found myself exhausted trying to do that. So I'm focusing instead on trying about 1 lb a month and toning up everything I've got along the way.

Excited to get and give some support here. <3
  • helainadmetcalf
    helainadmetcalf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    shawntae73 wrote: »
    Age 45 (but will be 46 on the 22nd!)
    Height: 5’4”
    Starting weight: 150
    Current weight 136
    Goal weight:130
    March goal: 134

I have started weight training and although I see a huge difference in my body, the weight loss has dramatically slowed. When I get frustrated I take measurements and try on clothes! So even if I just 2 pounds this month I will consider that a win! Been trying to focus on keeping my macros around 40/30/30. But ugh it’s hard and I’m getting annoyed by the whole process, so definitely need some motivation this month!

I haven't seen the scale move a lot lately, but I can feel it in my clothes too! Shirts that were tight are now loose, and I'm into an old pair of jeans! Those things feel way better than a number on the scale! Even if the scale doesn't say so, we're killing it! Keep going until the stubborn scale waives the white flag!

A reminder too that you are likely gaining muscle, which will keep the scale from budging, even if you're losing fat. A lb of muscle is a lot prettier (and slimmer) than a lb of fat!!
  • tracyderrett1
    tracyderrett1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Age 26
    Height: 5’7”
    Starting weight: 134
    Current weight 132
    Goal weight:125
    March goal: 128

I started working out just about every day in the very beginning of November in 2018, and didn't really commit to eating healthy until February of this year. I am trying to stick to my macros and best as I can, as I am trying to do a calorie deficit and calculated all my numbers out correctly to know what I have to hit. The hardest is being able to hit that protein goal everyday but I am sure trying. I am on the look out for more tasty snacks that are high in protein and low in carbs to grab for work. :)
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 137
    Ultimate goal: Around 120-125 lbs
    March goal: 128 lbs
    Current Weight: 132

Week of...
    March 1: 133.4
    March 8: 131.4
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

My main focus this month is on my food/beverage intake. I have the exercise part down - hard workouts 5 days/week and easier walking workouts (6-9 miles) on weekends. The walking on weekends is mostly to get me out of the house and away from the kitchen! lol. Keeping my calories under control is a game-changer for me.
  • tjones0411
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    Last Saturday I went to a Chocolate, Wine and Whiskey festival. 🎉 .

Which one did you go to? We went to the one in DC and thought it was HORRIBLE. Seriously one of the worst events I've ever been to. The amount of money we paid for the VIP tickets vs what was there was a joke! On the bright side, I didn't eat/drink as much as I thought I would. LOL.
  • tracyderrett1
    tracyderrett1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 137
    Ultimate goal: Around 120-125 lbs
    March goal: 128 lbs
    Current Weight: 132

Week of...
    March 1: 133.4
    March 8: 131.4
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

My main focus this month is on my food/beverage intake. I have the exercise part down - hard workouts 5 days/week and easier walking workouts (6-9 miles) on weekends. The walking on weekends is mostly to get me out of the house and away from the kitchen! lol. Keeping my calories under control is a game-changer for me.

Same here! I workout almost 7days a week, im great at getting to the gym and hitting it hard. The eating is definitely where I struggle the most but I am trying my best and hitting my macro goals starts this week!
  • dkipnis77
    dkipnis77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to the group. I'm 41 (almost 42), 5' 1", have always been fit and in good shape. I'm coming to the end of a divorce and in 1 years time, I've lost and gained 10 lbs. I exercise regularly (CrossFit), but I can't seem to lose these stubborn pounds. I also can't stop eating chocolate and drinking wine. I've used MFP before with good results, but this time I find the constant weighing, portioning and keeping track of food daunting. I eat healthily, but maybe too much. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • annepan001
    annepan001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    dkipnis77 wrote: »
    Hi - I'm new to the group. I'm 41 (almost 42), 5' 1", have always been fit and in good shape. I'm coming to the end of a divorce and in 1 years time, I've lost and gained 10 lbs. I exercise regularly (CrossFit), but I can't seem to lose these stubborn pounds. I also can't stop eating chocolate and drinking wine. I've used MFP before with good results, but this time I find the constant weighing, portioning and keeping track of food daunting. I eat healthily, but maybe too much. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi dkipnes77! I've always been keen on fitness and exercise too, but as I got older, the pounds crept on and stayed on, only shifting with a ridiculous amount of effort - until I read Dr Jason Fung's "The Obesity Code" in November. That book is a game-changer for anyone who eats. I've been doing intermittent fasting since then (usually based on 800 cals in a day, 2 days per week, plus time-restricted eating most days - minimum of 12 hour overnight fast, but often 16 hours). I've also cut back on refined carbs, wheat, and bad fats - but eating lots of good fats, good protein, fruit and veg. The book is available for kindle, hard copy and audiobook - highly recommended - and you'll save the price of the book in no time, in the money you save on food ;) Good luck!!
  • annepan001
    Options
    HW: 176
    CW: 158
    Height: 5'8"
    March goal: 156.5
    Ultimate goal weight: 153

March 4: 158.5
    March 11: 158
    March 18:
    March 25:

Not sure if it's just chance, but I'm happy to be down a half pound. Thank you for the advice @Cora0477 and @annepan001 !! We still ate out a lot this weekend but I ate smaller portions and chose different, lower calorie options. I told my husband I'm not eating out for the next 2 weeks to try to reset and see what kind of food I actually want. He seemed surprised but it shouldn't be that big of a deal since he's out of town this coming weekend anyway. I also ran a couple times to offset the extra calories a little bit, and of course because I felt like it. Otherwise good luck getting me to run if I'm not in the mood or being chased :)

We looked at a golden retriever puppy this past weekend :) so fluffy and adorable. I think getting a dog would be kind of a hassle but all the extra walking could be great especially now that it's getting warmer.

Well done on your running and eating out choices! You might want to try borrowing a dog before committing to having one for life, to make sure it's the right choice ... maybe try "borrow my doggy dot com" - especially on wet, windy, cold days. I stayed with my sister last weekend, and found that the idea of dragging myself out into the dark, cold, wet, windy evening to join her in walking her dog really didn't appeal! But I love to walk / run on sunny, dry, calm days during daylight hours ... I guess that's why I have cats ... they don't need walking, and can choose themselves when to come in and out through their cat flap ;)
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @tjones0411
    We also went to the one in DC. It wasn’t great and I wouldn’t do it again. The weather was not great to have the line wrapped around the building because they were disorganized 😕. But it was nice to get out of the house with my husband because it’s been a while since we did something different than just dinner. We just moved here a few months ago, so I’m looking forward to better outdoor weather and cherry blossoms soon!
  • tjones0411
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    @tjones0411
    We also went to the one in DC. It wasn’t great and I wouldn’t do it again. The weather was not great to have the line wrapped around the building because they were disorganized 😕. But it was nice to get out of the house with my husband because it’s been a while since we did something different than just dinner. We just moved here a few months ago, so I’m looking forward to better outdoor weather and cherry blossoms soon!

I agree on getting out and doing something. Although we left the festival after 30-45 minutes, we went and had some lunch, spent the day/night together and enjoyed ourselves.
    It was a nice break from the kids and general rush of life. I just would have preferred to spend that $$ on a nice bottle of wine and hang out in the hotel room! Welcome to the area! There's a ton to do around here.
  • aliciab2653
    aliciab2653 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Original starting weight: 200
    Ultimate goal: 175
    Current weight (as of this morning): 196.6

I really need accountability!! I got down to 187 back in August but then my mom passed unexpectedly in September. Since then it's been hard to get re-inspired and motivated to eat right and work out and I've put the weight back on. Now, I've been put on high blood pressure meds and I don't want to stay on them. I can squeeze in time in the mornings but I LOVE my bed; it's so hard to get up! I can also work out in the evenings. I have no excuse; other than just not motivated... So, I'm trying to pull it together and get back on track.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the radio silence. I have been so busy, and then the travelling. I didn’t meet my Feb goal, my last weigh in was 2 or 3 days before shark week so I was heavy on the bloat.

All-in holiday: Started off well, until my OH got food poisoning on the Friday eve (bearing in mind we’d only arrived Tue afternoon). I had to amuse myself Sat PM and in the early hours of Sunday morning I was hit with food poisoning too, meaning I spent the entire Sunday in bed after seeing a doctor in the morning. So the majority of the holiday was a write off. Then I was only back for two days before my next trip. Felt tired and drained, and simply needed to rest and recover, hence I’ve not been on here.

Slovenia: Amazing. Just utterly amazing. Amazing food, amazing wine, and lots of walking. I lost weight!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
    SW February: 163.8lbs (30th January weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 150lbs
    March goal: Below 160lbs
    March body fat goal: 25.5%

30th Jan: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.4% (Moving Average 164.9)
    26th Feb: 162.6 – Body fat 26.1% (Moving Average 163.2)
    6th Mar: 163.8 – Body fat 26.1% (Moving Average 163.1)
    13th Mar: 161.6 – Body fat 25.8% (Moving Average 162.1)
    20th Mar:
    27th Mar:
  • annepan001
    Options
    5'2" tall, 58 years old.
    HW: 160 (June 2016)
    Ultimate GW: 119 to 120lb (I think ... will see when I get there?!)

January 1st: 131 lb
    January 30th: 127.2
    Feb 27th: 122.0
    March 6th: 121.0
    March 13th: 120.2
    March 31st GW: 119lb

4 days of partying at my family reunion for my nephew's 18th birthday celebration, eating entirely the wrong food - pizza, birthday cake, more cake, yet more cake, chocolate ... hardly any fruit/veg ... but did a low cal fast day yesterday, strength workout with weights in gym, strength yoga workout this morning, a bit of yoga over the weekend, but hardly any walking and no running. Anyway, weight down a bit this morning despite the carb-fest, and now enjoying salads, berries, veg and fruit with good fats - mmmm. 8 days before next trip away, so looking forward to more weights, yoga, walking/running activity and good food until then. Goal now is mainly to gain muscle at the expense of fat, and get stronger and faster!
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    HW roughly, 161
    March SW 143
    GW March 140
    UGW 130-135

6th Mar: 146
    13th Mar: 144.6
    20th Mar:
    27th Mar:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Keeping on, keeping on. Travels start tomorrow, and go through the 25th, so I'm really going to have to stay on top of myself to keep my trend down! Slight bump up this week but that was to be expected, staying pretty consistently below 150 though and the trend is ever so slowly coming down.

HW: ~163
    CW: 151.4 (Actual) 150.5 (Trend) as of 3/1/19
    GW: 128-132
    March Goal: Get back into the 14X.x's

Mar 6: 148.6 (Actual) 150.3 (Trend)
    Mar 13: 149.4 (Actual) 150.1 (Trend)
    Mar 20
    Mar 27:
  • LC20202021
    LC20202021 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ht 5'6"