What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Options
    I feel so Motivated today (despite it still being soooooooooo DARK out there ate this hour) I accomplished plenty this weekend.
    • I have "undone the damage" from last Thursday's ginormous Italian Dinner;
    • gotten back to my March 1 weight as of this morning; \cleared all the clutter out of what will be my study-room (just couldn't concentrate in there with all the TWELVE cloth-grocery bags of mixed-value paper at my back. Maybe there is something to that Feng-Sui idea of spatial arrangement affecting the flow of energy in a room after all .... );
    • packed up all my now-too-big three-season clothes including the ones that were still too small last year in time for this morning's Donation Drive pickup;
    • rearranged my dresser drawers and added even MORE (non-clothing) to the donation bags;
    • get to do some massive similar sorting in the office records room starting today ....
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Would you like to come to my house?!#$%^%$#!!!? I could use some organization.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Helps to be in "disposition mind-set" at the office - that's Information Management-speak for "official permission to shred ancient paper".
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Having a deadline to get donations bagged and on the porch for a scheduled Donation Pick-Up helps too .... remember craig's post about the Ted Talk and the "Instant Gratification Monkey" .... and the only thing that will scare it out or the way ...

I re-posted it on Feb 1. Review regularly as needed ....
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I feel so Motivated today (despite it still being soooooooooo DARK out there ate this hour) I accomplished plenty this weekend.
    • I have "undone the damage" from last Thursday's ginormous Italian Dinner;
    • gotten back to my March 1 weight as of this morning; \cleared all the clutter out of what will be my study-room (just couldn't concentrate in there with all the TWELVE cloth-grocery bags of mixed-value paper at my back. Maybe there is something to that Feng-Sui idea of spatial arrangement affecting the flow of energy in a room after all .... );
    • packed up all my now-too-big three-season clothes including the ones that were still too small last year in time for this morning's Donation Drive pickup;
    • rearranged my dresser drawers and added even MORE (non-clothing) to the donation bags;
    • get to do some massive similar sorting in the office records room starting today ....

That sounds wonderful!!! Great news :)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    Having a deadline to get donations bagged and on the porch for a scheduled Donation Pick-Up helps too .... remember craig's post about the Ted Talk and the "Instant Gratification Monkey" .... and the only thing that will scare it out or the way ...

Wow O, Please re-post it again for March. Thanks.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Having a deadline to get donations bagged and on the porch for a scheduled Donation Pick-Up helps too .... remember craig's post about the Ted Talk and the "Instant Gratification Monkey" .... and the only thing that will scare it out of the way ...

Wow O, Please re-post it again for March. Thanks.

Here's the actual video (not just transcript) plus another "Won't always feel motivated, so when that is low, you need discipline & commitment too" from a different challenge.
    The following Ted Talk video was originally shared by @craigo3154 , but is SOO worth regular repeat viewing by all.

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator – Tim Urban
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

By watching it first, you will GET why, as shown in this second video from one of my other challenges, so many go for the immediate, easy choice without making the connection to the fact that they are only making things harder for themselves down the road. By joining UAC, you show that you have already made the connection to "harder in the moment / easier - better life overall"

This 10 min video from Fearless Motivation features the National Spokesperson for the Boys&Girls Cub of America, Denzel Washington
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyzuzFISNJ0&feature=youtu.be

Then apply the Goal => Day-by-Day Discipline and Commitment => Accomplishment formula to your own specific situation and challenges to get you through the month.

To me, this video encapsulates the Big Picture (General) Theory behind what we learn on a personal, practical level by living the UAC way day by day .... No …. Matter …. HOW …. an individual day goes.

Go TEAM!

Each of us can work this in our own way, applied to our own circumstances, to end February March in some way farther along our individual paths than where we stand at this moment!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Short exercise segments ...

Having trouble getting your exercise minutes? I have been playing around with brief exercise segments. I started after reading an article about the health detriments of sitting (even if you have workout sessions during the day). Although I am generally pretty active, I do find that there are times during the day when I sit A LOT. (Particularly if I get lost in a book, a computer project, or a movie.)

I have started using the exercise alert on my Fitbit (you could also set timer on phone or computer) to buzz when I have not moved at least 250 steps during the hour. That prompts me to get up and move for a few minutes. Between early morning (when I sit and suck on coffee while watching the news and check email/ MFP, etc) and evenings, I easily add 20 minutes or more of extra exercise just doing something for 2-3 minutes every hour. Mostly I walk around the house (which my dog seems to find somewhat perplexing), but you can also do things like squats, counter pushups (or real ones), streteches, or any other exercise for a brief 1 or 2 minute workout.

If you are deskbound at work during the day, these mini-breaks are highly recommended, not only from a health perspective, but also for enhancing productivity.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm out for this month as I just havent been able to log the last few days. My S/O grandma got sick with an abcess on her tonsils so stayed with them in the hospital for two days and now ive been sick for the last two days which is a shame! I plan to log again tomorrow as im working a double today and not sure if I'll have time

Hopefully working so much wont stress my body with it being sick!

On the brightside its starting to reach the 60s here in KY so soon it'll be my kind of weather for some full day hikes and that'll be swell!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @SimonsChange sorry for all you've been going through. Hope to see you check in on the days you can. Hang in there!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Something about Mondays this past month .... only one Well Done Monday out of 4 this month, and yesterday was the worst yet. It was also unusually high on fats and starchy-carbs, while lower-than usual on protein for the second day in a row (and that was barely JUST in the Green for total pre-exercise calories before evening munchies hit) .... which explains a lot ....

Something about knowing that I am "Declaring Maintenance" as of April 1 no matter what, combined with MFP taking away that last 10 calories, which put me at 1200 even per day for this final week ... while knowing that I have to start figuring out how to handle systematically phasing IN extra calories (~ an extra 30 per meal to start) AND eat back ALL my exercise calories (which I don't usually do) starting next week.

And making a switch in my usual exercise choice is being psychologically harder than expected ... and my hubby LIKES (and will miss) hearing the old soundtrack for the previous-length stretches .... and I am switching up for calorie-burning efficiency reasons that will challenge me (as well as picking something I know will be fun for me once I get into it) not because I feel bored or dissatisfied with what I have been doing .... for years now ....

It will sort itself out. But a storm of circumstantial change is all happening at once. At least I will no longer have "rush-home-bolt-supper-rush-out-little-time-to-exercise" Monday weekly routine any more.