What’s your newest exciting Keto food discovery?

Options

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    itzcath wrote: »

Collard greens. In casseroles, steamed until tender or made into crispy chips sprinkled with nutritional yeast... I am ever so slightly obsessed with collards.

I rarely have them any way but boiled/steamed. I am a fan of the various greens - collard, mustard, turnip - too.

• wanderingptp
    wanderingptp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The shirataki noodles are a game changer. If you prepare them as per the package instructions and include them with something with a sauce they are really quite grand. I found them at my local Natural Grocers for $1.99 per package which Is cheaper than the other stores or the internet. I also have started using alfredo sauce (in a jar) with extra seasonings to cook with protein that's a bit dry - i.e. pork chops, hamburger meat, etc. It's really keto friendly. I try and keep my recipes pretty simple with no more than 5 ingredients. I also make double batches so I can freeze an extra meal. I have a nice recipe for biscuits which are satisfying and keep well since the recipe makes 12 biscuits.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    foxymoxy31 wrote: »
    Im not sure if I am writing in the right place. But, my favorite new keto food is zucchini noodles fried with homemade alfredo sauce! and swerve granular sugar subsitute, so much better than stevia without the after taste. 3 weeks in and it is these little joys that keep my going :)

This reminds me...I make a chicken & mushroom alfredo with cauliflower rice instead of noodles...so delicious and filling!!!
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @tcunbeliever that sounds awesome! (you wouldn't happen to have a shareable link somewhere hiding, would you?)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't really cook from recipes often, I just kind of wing it most of the time.

Toss in a skillet:
    1 lb chicken cubed
    1 stick butter
    1 lb mushrooms (I like a mix of baby portabella and white)

heat on medium until the chicken is cooked (mushrooms should be cooked down by now and the water generated from the mushrooms should cook off), if you want to add some spinach or fresh garlic this is the time and just keep stirring until the spinach is wilted

add in cauliflower rice and cook until heated (I buy the frozen at costco, but you can use fresh too) this is a good time for salt/pepper or other dry seasonings

add in a pint of heavy cream and probably 4 oz of parmesan

When it's all bubbly and hot it should start to thicken slightly and it's done! If you remove it from the heat and let it sit it will also thicken a bit more as it cools.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @zanyterp, I do the same with shrimp, pork and beef too. Makes for a wonderfully delicious meal!
  • zanyterp
    Options
    sounds good; thank you, @KarlaYP
  • ActionxCat
    ActionxCat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just learned about Konjac (shiritaki) noodles yesterday. I think this could be a game changer for me!! 💕

I just had these last night in a stir fry! I was surprised at how much I loved them!!

• Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Aldi now carries riced cauliflower in their frozen section. I was excited to find!
  • Candy_Mountains
    Candy_Mountains Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Atkins new Lemon or peanut butter snack bars..

Good for a quick fix and they're like nutter butters in texture. So good
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was awful fatigued last night and didn't feel like putting a meal together so I finally tried a Real Good pizza. Not bad at all.
  • RisaKeto1976
    RisaKeto1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Found at Sam's club this weekend, Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip, i put it on my salad today and it was amazing!
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Dried coconut chips and macadamia nuts!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Penati parmesan low carb crackers! Yummy!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Malimalai wrote: »
    I just learned about Konjac (shiritaki) noodles yesterday. I think this could be a game changer for me!! 💕

I eat them all the time. Konjac noodle is made from konjac roots. Kelp noodle is, Korean noodle, made from kelp. Both are low in carbs. Happy eating x :)

how is the flavor on the shiritaki noodles?
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Folios cheese wraps (tortilla's) 1g net carb each! Brand new on the market.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Malimalai wrote: »

I eat them all the time. Konjac noodle is made from konjac roots. Kelp noodle is, Korean noodle, made from kelp. Both are low in carbs. Happy eating x :)

how is the flavor on the shiritaki noodles?

The shiritaki or konjac noodle is the same product. It smells a bit fishy , you have to rinse it well.It taste a bit chewy too. I use it instead of rice noodle or mung bean noodle. I put a lot flavours in it so not to smell it. Use it as you use cooked noodle.x
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm have to make this sushi '' Keto sushi salmon rolls'' from YouTube.
    It's ''Keto shiritaki noodle & salmon sushi ''.🍣🍣🍣
    I'll leave out cauliflower bc I don't have any.