What’s your newest exciting Keto food discovery?

Options

Replies

• ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use konjac fettuccine with either shrimp or chicken and make a creamy sauce, it soaks up the flavours of what you cook it with. I only stir fry it and I really enjoy it. There are different brands so try a few and see which is the best.
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    “GimMe Snacks” teriyaki flavoured dried seaweed. I like the crunch and salty-sweet flavour. Basically 0 carbs and low cal!

asokashwsuah.jpeg
    nava6v6ypre4.jpeg

• SameMeLessFat
    SameMeLessFat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Malimalai wrote: »
    Malimalai wrote: »
    I just learned about Konjac (shiritaki) noodles yesterday. I think this could be a game changer for me!! 💕

I eat them all the time. Konjac noodle is made from konjac roots. Kelp noodle is, Korean noodle, made from kelp. Both are low in carbs. Happy eating x :)

how is the flavor on the shiritaki noodles?

The shiritaki or konjac noodle is the same product. It smells a bit fishy , you have to rinse it well.It taste a bit chewy too. I use it instead of rice noodle or mung bean noodle. I put a lot flavours in it so not to smell it. Use it as you use cooked noodle.x

I recently tried this and really hoped I’d like them. I think they would work in an Asian stir fry but they just don’t quite work as a replacement for real pasta.
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Homemade Fat bombs amazing.

6 tbs coconut oil
    6 ounces salted macadamia nuts
    2 tsp cacao
    1/2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
    1tsp chia seeds soaked in water
    1tsp Redmond real salt

Blend together in magic bullet until it turns to liquid

5-8 minutes

Pour into silicon mold and freeze.

30 servings

62 calories per serving.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    craigmandu wrote: »
    Might be weird, but I've found that I really like Sardines after I started eating them from researching foods that are keto-friendly.... I never would have thought that I liked them, but as it turns out I was mistaken!!

I've always loved sardines, canned fish fillets, oysters, etc. Especially the ones in mustard or hot sauce.

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The mustard sauce ones are the best. Family hates it when I eat them though. Smells up the whole house.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In the UK, Halo Top ice cream. Around 5gm of carbs per 100gm.
  • jrziegrl5180
    jrziegrl5180 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Found this today at Walmart! It's a tad bitter, buy it's 1 net carb and has plenty of fat!!! This is going in my coffee in the morning 😂
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Found this today at Walmart! It's a tad bitter, buy it's 1 net carb and has plenty of fat!!! This is going in my coffee in the morning 😂

I love this dark chocolate! I think it's even better than other more expensive brands.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I bought an exogenous ketone drink mix with BHB for my son who had a concussion - extra fuel for healing was my thinking. Anyways, I tried it and it was pretty good, with a bit of a weird aftertaste. The interesting thing was how it appears to blunt my appetite. I am not hungry for hours afterwards. When I have it in the midafternoon, it wrecks dinner for me. Lol. I think it would be very helpful when starting keto, after a carby day when hunger is increased, while travelling, or when (not strictly) fasting.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all for recommending shirataki noodles! I made turkey Bolognese spaghetti tonight and it was surpringly delicious!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Australia don't offer much in the way of keto foods products. I found only konjac noodles,psyllium husk,almond meal,coconut flour ,stevia, xanthan gum, keto friendly soy, fish sauce and Sriracha sauce.x 😞🥺
  • Rositawurst
    Rositawurst Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    chocolate egg curd: 2 egs, 40 g. heavy cream, some water, 10 g. cocoa powder, eritrytol and water (to make a bigger portion). Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan with low fire and stir until it thickens. Let it cool down. I makes two nice portions. I like it frozen.
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Is there any uk keto items as a lot of these are not available in the U.K. Anyone from the U.K. Let me know. Loving keto and need more like minded friends on here.
  • Ms_Bowser
    Ms_Bowser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just the Cheese- crunchy baked cheese snacks, a little pricey on Amazon, but they're really tasty.
    Epic Salt and Pepper Pork Rinds- taste just like Lays Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Typically I have an aversion to protein drinks and such things, however the local Publix had a buy one get one sale on Slimfast Advanced Nutrition shakes last week. 20g protein, 180 calories, and 1 net carb per bottle. They're surprisingly good.