40s anyone?

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    49 years old and just got back to lifting a few months ago after 2 years off due to Hashimoto’s and life! Love being back at it! Feels so good! Adding a bit of cardio in now to help with fat loss, but don’t want to give up my lifting. Fiddling around with macros and calories too...sure harder to lose this stupid thyroid gain at this stage! But gotta fight the fight!
  • jenlose2013
    jenlose2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Will turn 47 in June. Started a fitness class in January and feel better than ever. I've lost 30 pounds since last September, mostly from walking until I started class. Don't really look at the scale much because I know I am losing inches since strength training began.
  • Tamizpa
    Tamizpa Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! 56 here and just starting out. Learning to eat healthy with watching Macros and doing weights 4 times a week. I'm sooo new to this too. Always have had skinny arms and legs, menopause hit, and now my arms are flabby so decided I needed to increase my strength. Am working with a fitness trainer, but would like support of a group too. I have a lot of weight to lose but want to do it the right way!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I'm in my early 40's and I'm in the best shape of my life and the smallest I've ever been as an adult!

After losing over 80 pounds, with each year of maintenance I have continued to improve my body and every year keeps getting better and better.

I would have never thought I would be that fit girl that loves working out and eating good, healthy food, but here I am! It feels so amazing both physically and mentally. :)
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Mid forties and used to strength train regularly for a couple of years with a trainer but due to work demands it’s been almost a year !
    I am ready to get back at it
  • dragonflym
    dragonflym Posts: 16 Member
    42 next month
  • infinicca
    infinicca Posts: 869 Member
    I just turned 40 and just rejoined a gym. :) Need to get back on track.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I just had my 42nd birthday!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Hey there, im back here again, after just doing what I wanted for about a year! Hasnt done me much good! Havent put on too much, as im not that big anyway, but have lost focus both at gym and diet. Im 44, 45 in Oct. I have def felt lack of energy recently, but not sure whether it is bad food, lack of sleep or age. Surely cant be age yet! Have trained for about 10 years +, mainly weight training, and spin when I want to do cardio. Need to get my want back, so as from tomorrow am back at it!
  • anabanana93277
    anabanana93277 Posts: 37 Member
    ijgb0dujvkjr.jpeg
    43 healthier and happier than 23
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    46 years old, I always loved lifting.

I would love to add some lifting ladies, so please add me if you like.

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    After losing over 85 pounds 3 1/2 years ago, through diet and cardio, I'm now starting heavy lifting...I'm in my early 40's and I'm in the best shape I've probably every been in...normal range BMI and half the size I was in clothing--- I was obese my whole life.

I'm hoping to lose the last of my fat, tone up, build more muscle mass and increase my metabolism (which is damaged from my long low calorie deficit combined with too much cardio). I'd like to be able to eat more--- and ignore the scale.

I'd love some advice and/or support, so please send me a FR if you'd like and write "Strength Training"in the request so I know who you are!! :)
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    I’m 44 and getting in the best shape of my life but I need to work on my strength training. I’ve been doing HASfit workouts with dumbbells for the past 7 months.
  • 072499tt
    072499tt Posts: 37 Member
    im 42 and would like to start strength training. Where do you start? Are there good simple resources you can suggest? I'm also in the process of beginning a weight loss program as well.
  • MrsReeves711
    Dumbbells are good for strength!
    nnk5tdaarxlj.jpeg
  • MrsReeves711
    Another...
    kq7chntn6myj.jpeg
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Hey all! I’m 40 and have recently incorporated more weight lifting to prevent running injury and help with weight loss. I get bored easily, so I’m always looking for new ideas. I’d love to add some strength training friends, so add me if you’re interested!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'll be 48 this coming Monday and I list using machines and I'm much stronger than I was in my 20s. I wish I had started earlier.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Hi! I'm 42 and pretty new to having to be mindful of working out. I've always been very active outdoors and things have just kind of taken care of themselves. I moved states a year ago and geeezzz - I MISS Fort Worth! I now live in the middle of freakin no where so no gym. Trying to get creative with things to do at lunch and at home.

I've been trying to add in some body weight exercises and maybe try using a kettle ball occasionally to rebuild my upper body strength, get my definition back (and lose this last 10 lbs). I usually sneak in a workout on my lunch break - no gym - and try to ride my bike 20-30 min 3x a week.

I'd love some friends that are into strength training - it gives me ideas! :smiley:
  • MrsJReeves
    MrsJReeves Posts: 5 Member
    44 here. Just started a strength training program after loosing about 25 lbs.