March 2019 group?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Friday lunch normally = a couple of pints with friends. Today I had a diet coke thinking ahead to tomorrow morning's early W1R3 run.

What on earth has happened to me?! :smiley:

Wow! I certainly don't know have that level of dedication!

Long distance running with Saturday morning long runs pretty much puts paid to more than 2 drinks on a Friday night for me :laugh:
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    I work at 8.30 on Saturday mornings so it's just a glass of wine with dinner kinda evening for me, too. But, changing my life for running plans....... not there yet 😂
  • TavistockToad
    I work at 8.30 on Saturday mornings so it's just a glass of wine with dinner kinda evening for me, too. But, changing my life for running plans....... not there yet 😂

And you don't have to be there ever, not everyone is or wants to be.

That being said, the last half marathon I did was with my running buddy and her sister in law. SIL drank a bottle of wine the night before the race and ran it just fine!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • kilobykilo
    My kind of runner!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    No run for me today. Spent the day at the beach. Lots of walking and lots of sun. Planning to be back at it tomorrow. Wine sounds nice....
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Week 1 finished. I may repeat it, since even though I found it easier than expected, I’m not used to running. And my first week was cold windy and rainy so it was on a treadmill. I’d rather run outside.
  • kilobykilo
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Week 1 finished. I may repeat it, since even though I found it easier than expected, I’m not used to running. And my first week was cold windy and rainy so it was on a treadmill. I’d rather run outside.

Well done on finishing week one! I'm sure I'll repeat weeks later on..... everything about me tells me I wasn't born to run, and the only way I'm gonna prove that wrong is taking it steady! If I'm doing 5k by this time next year, I'll be delighted with that!
  • emmamcgarity
    Week 7 run 1 complete - managed to run the entire 2 mile jogging trail in the 25 minute running portion.
  • kilobykilo
    Week 7 run 1 complete - managed to run the entire 2 mile jogging trail in the 25 minute running portion.

Amazing! Well done! Week 3 day one for ke this morning.... feeling lazy but will get going shortly!
  • kilobykilo
    And it's done! Realised there is a slower than what I thought was my slowest, but felt like I was really dragging my feet! Kept my heart rate down though.... ran at my 'normal slow for the last one and it went back up.... So, more slow practice needed!

Also, it's warm out there today! First sweaty run, but tanning could be another benefit of this hobby!
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2019
    Welcome @jcraig10. It's great to tick off the sessions.
    And well done @emmamcgarity . 25 mins is impressive.
    I completed W3 D3 on Saturday and I don't think I will get the time to fit in W4 D1 today. Would love to get it done but tomorrow probably if I am realistic.
  • jcraig10
    I did decide to repeat week 1 just to keep with the slow pace and do it right. I am not a runner and don't want to do too much too fast. Maybe if I do it right, I'll actually learn to like running :) so, yesterday I repeated week 1 day 1 and did it outside. Outside is definitely harder, but the park is only across the street from my house so i have no excuse not to run outside!

nice work everyone getting your runs in on the weekend!
  • phillipsdj1982
    phillipsdj1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Well done everyone on the progress so far - I replied to a handful of posts over the weekend from my phone but none of them seem to have posted, annoyingly.

Anyway W2 D1 is starting tomorrow at 6am, wish me luck. It also happens to be my OH's birthday so I need to try and get up and dressed without waking her that early! :smiley:
  • TavistockToad
    Well done everyone on the progress so far - I replied to a handful of posts over the weekend from my phone but none of them seem to have posted, annoyingly.

Anyway W2 D1 is starting tomorrow at 6am, wish me luck. It also happens to be my OH's birthday so I need to try and get up and dressed without waking her that early! :smiley:

Sleep in your running gear :laugh:
  • kilobykilo
    No longer going to moan about my 6.30am alarm to fit in my run before my second 11.5 hour work day in a row..... was half thinking about skipping it, but, I don't want to.... let's see if that's the feeling in the morning still!
  • jcraig10
    No longer going to moan about my 6.30am alarm to fit in my run before my second 11.5 hour work day in a row..... was half thinking about skipping it, but, I don't want to.... let's see if that's the feeling in the morning still!

Getting up early is always the toughest part. You got this!! 11.5 hr workdays shew idk how you do it

• emmamcgarity
    Week 7 run 2 complete
  • jcraig10
    Didn’t run today. Want to do it outside and it was chilly and rainy today...and the weather the rest of the week looks WAY better.

I signed up for a 5k today. It’s only 6 weeks away so I won’t be completely ready for it yet, but it’s a fun walk/run 5k that you can do with your dog. My husband is going to do it with me and both of our dogs. Jogging only part of it is better to me than not going at all. It’s on beautiful private property in horse country so really hard to pass up!
  • kilobykilo
    @jcraig10 whoop to the race, great motivation and sounds fun!

@emmamcgarity you are bossing this, well done!

Week 3 day 2 done, 6.30 alarm was quite doable and it is a beautiful time of day, even on a windy morning!

But, realised next week It'll be dark!

Happy Tuesday folks:)
  • phillipsdj1982
    phillipsdj1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Week 2 day 1 was done this morning, I'm strangely enjoying testing myself, even when finding it tough going occasionally.

Birthday wines with the OH this evening followed by the party on Saturday night means I will be sticking to a strict Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday morning routine this week! :smile: