TEAM: Gutbusters (April)

Options

Replies

• forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Question since this is my first time doing this challenge... do I need to post my weight again today? I picked Saturday’s as my weigh in day or do I start next Saturday? Just want to make sure I’m doing this right 😊 thank you in advance.
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge like this! My goal is to lose 20 lbs. by July1, which is the week we go visit family at the beach. This will finally take me down to my pre-pregnancy weight with my second daughter, who is now six. I have lost 16 lbs. since Feb. 10, but I seem to have hit a plateau the past two weeks.

Here are the steps I am using to lose weight:
    Calorie Counting:1200-1500 calories a day
    Elliptical-5 days a week
    Fitbit-10,000 steps a day
    Using Aaptiv app for strength training/yoga/elliptical workouts
    No alcohol
    Stepbet
    DietBet-Transformer and Kickstarter

I am hoping this gives me the extra motivation I need to get that weight off and feel better. I also want to hike a 14er this summer!
    I live outside Denver, Colorado. I am married with two girls (6 and 9).
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @forbes_melissa, you can choose to have either last Saturday's weight or today's weight as your starting weight for April. Just let me know which you prefer.

Welcome, @audreypawdrey. Hope this challenge helps you reach your goal! We're glad to have you. I love Colorado!! Almost moved there once, then met a boy. :smiley:
  • forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 last Saturday’s weight is fine. Thank you 😊
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My sister visited this week, so I ate a little heavier than usual and my step count was low. I ran 11 miles though and took a ten mile walk today so hopefully my weight will be at least a little down tomorrow.

@BonnieHosk85 It’s always relieving to hear someone say their grown children did well with homeschooling. Mine are just 6&8 and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed worrying we’ll regret the choice someday.

@Syd43 My dogs are too old to run with me now, but I never could keep up with my Weimaraner when she was younger. I had to leave that to my husband. Dogs just don’t have enough pity on us poor slow humans! 🤣
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Week 1, Gutbusters! For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

• When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we been already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you have to live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
    Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: April Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in lbs
    CW: Current Weight in lbs

• What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?
    Just ask a question here and tag me (@Bonniehosk85), or PM me and I'll do my best to get back as soon as possible.

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Amarisma
    @Craig_King_1967
    @elsper24
    @gf7004
    @ingalynn
    @Krogja29
    @LadySaton - glad you had a good visit with your sister!
    @lisadianhays55
    @Shadow2641
    @Syd43

Please post using this template:

Username
    April Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lisadianehays55
    April week 1
    PW: 185.6
    CW : 185.2
    Welcome all members ☕ new month, looking forward to everyone's posts. I love the motivation here 💪
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @BonnieHosk85 !

LadySaton
    April Week 1
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 151.6

Very happy with that pound loss. My goal is to lose between 1-1.5 pounds every week, but this week was so crazy I wasn’t convinced it would happen. 😁

Good luck everyone this week, we’ve got this!
  • Syd43
    Syd43 Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Syd43
    April 1 week
    Pw 164.3
    Cw 164.5

Welcome all new members and congrats on the losses today! Great work!!! Feeling motivated to have a good loss next week. Hope everyone has a funday Sunday!
  • Krogja29
    Krogja29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Krogja29
    April Week 1
    PW: 116
    CW: 114
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited March 2019
    Options
    March Week 4 and Final Results have been posted on the March thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729130/team-gutbusters-march#latest

Way to go, team!!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    April week 1
    Exercised? No. I have a cold and haven't been feeling the best.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Craig_King_1967
    April week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight 248
    Current Weight 246.6
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! It's a new day and a new week! Let's rock this thing together!!

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Jonna13
    @Lifeisspiffy
    @looneycatblue
    @michellelagle
    @stacy556

Please post using this template:

Username
    April Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great day everyone!
    Bonnie
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the late post, been away for a few days with little or no signal so this morning was the first chance I had to post.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited April 2019
    Options
    No problem, @Craig_King_1967! Nice loss!

@Southern_Bell, check your messages. I have a question about your weigh-in day. Thanks!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    michellelagle
    PW: 142.2
    CW: 142.0
    I know it's only 2 ounces,but I'm proud of it. I had my period this last week so it was hard (really hope no guys sees this,sorry if you do) but I'm planning on a big weight loss this next month. I really want to be April's winner
This discussion has been closed.