March 2019 group?

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    @kilobykilo where are you? It is dark here now at 6:30, but slowly getting lighter and lighter every morning. Makes it tough to get out of bed for sure.

@phillipsdj1982 way to go! Enjoy the birthday celebrations.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2019
    I got side lined by some kind of sinus crud. My brain is still in a fog, so no running for a while. (You know it's bad when I pass on a bike ride on a beautiful day!)
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    W4 D1 done this evening. Delighted with myself. I cannot believe that I "ran" for 14 minutes. I am so happy with that. 16 minutes running for the next 2 sessions. I hope I can do it!
    Hope you are feeling better @just_ceci!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    pratainua wrote: »
    W4 D1 done this evening. Delighted with myself. I cannot believe that I "ran" for 14 minutes. I am so happy with that. 16 minutes running for the next 2 sessions. I hope I can do it!

Think positive... running is 90% mental
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    @pratainua you're doing a super job, keep going!

@Just_Ceci feel better soon!

@jcraig10 I'm in central Portugal, getting lightish at about 6.15 now, but clocks go forward for daylight saving on Sunday so won't be light until gone 7...... it will also be light until around 8pm, so may be able to move my jog to an early finish evening. But, I feel I'm a morning jogger!
  • jcraig10
    @kilobykilo I see! We (USA) moved our clocks forward 2 weeks ago. Right now it’s not getting light til about 7, past the time I need to get ready for work.

@Just_Ceci hope you can kick it soon!

I did my repeat of W1D2 today, outside again. Definitely tough today. It was chilly and windy but I did it. Tomorrow will be a day off and then Thursday will be my horseback riding lesson so will go for W1D3 on Friday! Supposed to be quite nice out, can’t wait.
  • jcraig10
    pratainua wrote: »

So awesome!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Week 7 run 3 complete. Nice 2 mile track around a lake.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member

Well done! I'm hoping to get back to it at the weekend now my foot/tendon is better. Debating whether to go back to week 2 as I've had a week off - has anyone else been benched by injury? If so, should you dial back a week rather than continuing where you left off?
  • kilobykilo

Well done! I'm hoping to get back to it at the weekend now my foot/tendon is better. Debating whether to go back to week 2 as I've had a week off - has anyone else been benched by injury? If so, should you dial back a week rather than continuing where you left off?

I've no concrete advice, but, if you're not in a rush why not redo week 2, it certainly won't do any harm :)
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »

I've no concrete advice, but, if you're not in a rush why not redo week 2, it certainly won't do any harm :)

I think I will - my calf muscles and left Achilles' tendon felt tight as hell after just resuming my normal walk to work and back yesterday
  • kilobykilo
    Week 3 done.2 mins seemed a bit too short today.... felt more comfortable and in the zone in the 3 min sections. Which, is good as longer sections are on their way, bring it on!
  • kilobykilo
    @emmamcgarity amazing! You are my inspiration that this can be done :)
  • kilobykilo
    Week 4, day 1 done.

Today I learnt that running with a hangover is an EVIL thing!
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    I did week 4 day 3 this morning. And I was pushed very close to my limit. I am happy to have got this far without having to repeat any sessions, but I think I might have to repeat some from now on as I was really pushed. But will see how it goes. Glad to have run 16 mins. I cannot believe it. But it was 16 minutes in 4 blocks. Week 5 day 1 is 16 mins running in 3 blocks. Let's see how it goes on Monday!

Well done @emmamcgarity! You are so close to the 5k.
    And well done @kilobykilo for getting out with a hangover - that is determination!
  • kilobykilo
    @pratainua I think the length of today's runs were nice, but can't imagine doubling them next week..... let's see!

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I did not repeat any of the runs but I was VERY tempted around week 3 and 4. Week 5 scared me greatly. I decided to keep my mind focused on going slower and see if I could actually complete the next run. Slowing my pace help greatly. I had it in my mind that of I wasn’t successful I would go back to repeat the last run completed successfully.
  • jcraig10
    Sounds like everyone is killing it!! Nice work.

I finished up week 1 (again) on Friday. My legs hurt from my dressage lesson the night before so I probably should have waited until Saturday, but I pushed through and got it done. Yesterday was a rest day and today will be a hike.

Week 2 starts tomorrow.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Sounds like everyone is killing it!! Nice work.

I finished up week 1 (again) on Friday. My legs hurt from my dressage lesson the night before so I probably should have waited until Saturday, but I pushed through and got it done. Yesterday was a rest day and today will be a hike.

Week 2 starts tomorrow.

I try and run the morning of my lessons. That way if my trainers are particularly evil I have 2-2.5 days to recover before my next run... also try and stretch after you ride as well as after you run... it can be a tough balancing act specially now, for me, leading into show season.

Good luck!!